Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPad 8th Gen (2020)

• 03-03-2021 10:21pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently selling for €399 on Apple site. For sale at the moment on currys.ie for €359.00+ €5.99 delivery.

Currys
    Be careful, the 2019 version is more expensive on the Currys site.

Yes, I know there are cheaper tablets out there. This is for the 10.2” iPad.
    Yes, I know Currys have had an appalling start to Brexit too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

whiterebel wrote: »
    Currently selling for €399 on Apple site. For sale at the moment on currys.ie for €359.00+ €5.99 delivery.

Currys
    Be careful, the 2019 version is more expensive on the Currys site.

Yes, I know there are cheaper tablets out there. This is for the 10.2” iPad.
    Yes, I know Currys have had an appalling start to Brexit too.

And the issue is?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bargain Alerts?

And moved

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good shout. Bought one of these for €380 on Amazon a while back. Haven't seen cheaper than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Great iPad. Bought one as a present at Christmas but couldn’t help myself stumping for the iPad Air for myself few weeks back!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

€375.10 direct from Apple, with free engraving if you wish, when you click on the education link (no verification required).

https://www.apple.com/ie-edu/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-10-2/32gb-space-grey-wifi

OP's offer is still cheaper but some people may value the engraving, or prefer to buy direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

I think Apple are expected to announce some major updates to iPads in an event next week. So this could be Curry's trying to shift old stock before that announcement kills demand for the old version. Still a pretty good deal for a good tablet.

touts wrote: »
    I think Apple are expected to announce some major updates to iPads in an event next week. So this could be Curry's trying to shift old stock before that announcement kills demand for the old version. Still a pretty good deal for a good tablet.

the ipad 10.2 inch 2020 version with the A12 bionic cpu only came out in mid September 2020 so it's highly unlikely that there will be any update to it for another while yet.

I'm not a fan of Apple but this tablet is great value for the power of the cpu in it and you'll get years of updates unlike with an Android tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

walshy123 wrote: »
    €375.10 direct from Apple, with free engraving if you wish, when you click on the education link (no verification required).

https://www.apple.com/ie-edu/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-10-2/32gb-space-grey-wifi

OP's offer is still cheaper but some people may value the engraving, or prefer to buy direct.

Engraving anything is the kiss of death if you ever want to sell it on. Avoid would be my advice.

As another poster said, this iPad and the iPad Air 4th Gen won't be updated for another 12 months at least having only been refreshed late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bought one myself the other day, great piece of kit for the price. Pity the memory is crap; one thing that really bugs me about apple is the jump in price when you move up storage sizes. Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

389 showing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Shipped Friday from the UK, Delivered today via DPD, with no drama.

Advertisement