Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

• 22-12-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

And we're off..

To start -
    4D Pharma - incoming NASDAQ listing
    ATVI - My gaming stock pick with COD and PS5
    AYX - Software company, has been turbulent but I can see it going to 200
    AMD - Switching from Intel
    BE - Energy play for me
    CIEN - Telecommunications/software leaders in their field think they have some growth
    PSTH - No further introduction
    SQ - Really interested in their play to become a bank and BTC payments. Banks are interested in fintech but I think fintech are more interested in banks.
    CHGG - Online learning, I don't see it going any where soon - room for this stock would love to see a buy out
    EDSA - I'm bag holding but will be super promising of the phase 2 trials go well for EB01/EBO5 buyer beware on this one
    IAG - Want to see the damage Brexit does then will hold for a few years.

I'm also looking into some infrastructure engineering companies in the US alot of it has been put on the back foot by Trump, can't ignore it forever so should see some uptick with Biden.

Thread banned users:
    N958GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Going into the new year I am watching:

SSTI
    BZUN

I am currently holding:

GME - Up 110%
    LSE:PVR - down 10%
    ANVS - Up 15% (115% overall)
    RMG - Up 70%

I will be adding to ANVS in the new year.

Most likely dollar cost average into SSTI and BZUN.

Subscribed to MyWallSt for more long term investing decisions

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Just a couple of the events on my horizon for 21 , varying time frame
    in no particular order

Still not 100% convinced this Covid thing is licked, mutations and variants and governments are not giving me absolute confidence .
    NIO day, early Jan
    SCHW and AMTD merger will complete
    DELL spin off of VMW and rerate of their bonds to investment grade
    Bill Ackman and PSTH news
    ARRIVAL and CIIC getting closer to completing their SPAC merger
    Be ready to move into cyclicals and OIL IF and only IF we get real news on Covid
    Bitcoin, continue to play this sector, monitor the news any sort of regulatory news and it will blow , but equally it could all go up in smoke
    Looking for the Biden pop in renewables and green, if he survives long enough to take the oath
    Continue the tech and gaming play .
    Expand into the gene editing sphere, about the only sector I watched alot this year but never got into, could be some M&A consolidation here.
    As long as risk off mode is still the Wall St mantra then swing trade on the short term cycles , but increase positions in longer holds.
    Continue to hold the bulk of the portfolio for a 5 year timeframe, and use a chunk for 12 months of playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Just my two cents.

1. Uniqure- had a sharp correction on 21st now trading at 39. I see it as a multibagger in few years time. I am from medical back ground and have reasons to believe so. They had trials in Ireland too, with great success.

2. BNTX- we all watched its crashing from 130 to100. I am not sure if its the bottom, but in the long run it will certainly a multi bagger.

I have small position in Uniqure, and waiting to re enter BNTX once it reverses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Just one play from me which is only on Canadian/French exchanges at the moment, ReconAfrica (TSX:RECO)- an oil and gas exploration company who have secured exclusive rights to the Namibia/Botswana region, over 8.5mn acres. This has been flying under the radar for a while but if they strike gold this will explode, and if not the wave of anticipation will keep it going for a long while yet. Mostly institutional activity on TSX at the moment(RBC Capital Markets have been hoovering it up) and consultants got share options at around $1.20.

Do your research, it's a high risk oil play.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭al87987

This is only my 6th week in the market but up 22% overall so I'm delighted with how its going. Problem for me now is I'm not working and have all my capital (that I'm willing to invest) in the market already so torn between selling % of some winners or just mostly let it ride as is.

Big winners were Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (130%), Peloton (60%), Cloudflare, Zscaler, Crowdstrike 50% Unity 40%.

Losers: only two of note IQIYI (Chinese Netflix my a**) and UXIN both 30%.

I just listen to podcasts, read what articles and financial stuff i can find and listen to people smarter than me on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NIO, NNDM, AQB ,SQ, BABA, NET, TDOC, ETH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I think Solarwinds will recover most of it's decline slowly over 2021. While they have made a big mistake and have a gap in their build process I believe the government will more likely work with them than just put them out in the cold. Won't be a quick recovery but will happen. Truth is it could have happened to any company with that broad a reach, but they do need to be seen to learn from the mistake to continue the position they have. Government's are slow to change unless they totally have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Anyone else in IDEX, think its primed for a run in the next couple of weeks. Due to announce 7 new EV vehicles anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Irishder wrote: »
    Anyone else in IDEX, think its primed for a run in the next couple of weeks. Due to announce 7 new EV vehicles anyday

Be careful with this one, seems to be a Serial Pump'n'dump stock. Shane McMahon from WWE is listed as their founder (which he clearly isn't). There were reports from short sellers on it earlier in the year.

https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1276168353061711873?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

DutchYurt wrote: »
    And we're off..

To start -
    4D Pharma - incoming NASDAQ listing
    AYX - Software company, has been turbulent but I can see it going to 200
    AMD - Switching from Intel
    BE - Energy play for me
    CIEN - Telecommunications/software leaders in their field think they have some growth
    PSTH - No further introduction
    SQ - Really interested in their play to become a bank and BTC payments. Banks are interested in fintech but I think fintech are more interested in banks.
    CHGG - Online learning, I don't see it going any where soon - room for this stock would love to see a buy out
    EDSA - I'm bag holding but will be super promising of the phase 2 trials go well for EB01/EBO5 buyer beware on this one
    IAG - Want to see the damage Brexit does then will hold for a few years.

I'm also looking into some infrastructure engineering companies in the US alot of it has been put on the back foot by Trump, can't ignore it forever so should see some uptick with Biden.

Im holding ATVI and AMD, both performed very well for me this year, hopefully that run continues.

Seems obvious, but surely Pfizer must be due a bull run in 2021, i know the vaccine is only a small part of their revenue, but their stock price is roughly the same as it was 12 months ago and you would imagine sales are going to be extremely high, although im not quite sure of how sales are split between them and BioNTech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

My Hexo Corp shares are showing to be up 300% on degiro this morning.
    I'm very slow to get excited about that, I assume there's a catch /it's wrong /can't be true?...
    Anyone able to clarify?

Maybe it's all good...?

EDIT - just looked there now and back to normal /not 300% up anymore. Must have been a glitch. Was too good to be true....
    Good luck to all with 2021 in any case.

Add another one to the watch list for 2021 ..
    Softbank entering the SPAC game, with SVBFU , approx 500million fund with $10 price and warrants. No date left.

ARB - Argo Blockchain doing nicely this morning, still undervalued. Up 70% for me in a few weeks.

Also folks lets hit the RESET button a bit for 2021.

I get the feeling unless your seeing a 50% plus pop then its not even worth posting here.
    Lets not forget the stocks with solid 10-15% gains in solid companies with good cash flow and revenue, solid companies that will be a hedge against any dips or crashes. Nothing wrong with compounded 15% gains yoy. I get the impression we have some young investors here and theres nothing wrong with them having those sort of gains in a portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fazorb

Been Slowly adding to my QuantumScape - my best gain so far.

Will be holding for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

A summary of Prof Scott Galloway's predictions for 2021 is available in the image attached.

If you want to see his presentation to back up these predictions it's available here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/38389n33nhqudp0/Section4%20-%20Predictions%202021%20with%20Scott%20Galloway.mp4?dl=0

Pass: 2021

I'd recommend downloading it as it was a bit choppy when I was viewing it.

Some of his more interesting predictions are:
    • Facebook split into Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp due to antitrust. Bezos spins AWS into a separate company before he is forced to.
    • AirBNB will hit €200/share
    • Zoom has to make some big acquisitions or die
    • Robinhood et. al are a huge menace particularly the ease that novice investors can trade options
    • AT&T will hit $40/share

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Chances of anyone with the time on their hands to create a spreadsheet to track everyone recommendations this year?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

DutchYurt wrote: »
    And we're off..

This is saucy one. With anti China sentiments growing (I'd expect to continue with or without Trump) I think Activision may have peaked since their prominent drop in the latter half of 2018, although they reclaimed those drops back well. Another poor decision regarding China could see them slump once more.

I think 2021 is the year of cautiousness around China backed/influenced companies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I think Chegg is poised for another good year in 2021 as online education grows and they continue to expand their reach.

Metromile will see growth similar to Lemonade I think once the reverse acquisition completes and it trades under the new ticker. It has serious room to expand given it’s only in a handful of states at the moment. I also think it strikes the right balance in terms of being a disruptor but also having a management team with good industry experience which is vital for an industry like insurance. While a lot of founder stories are from people who were completely separated from the industry, I don’t think that works for this industry given regulatory requirements etc. I would like if Metromile reduced the level of reinsurance a bit ( I believe they are planning on scaling it back a few % based on the investor presentation online).

going to get a bit 'wooo zen ' here ...

Another super year , theres been some amount of money made, its fing embarassing me at this stage.
    Considering I spent many happy years living in a house with no indoor running water,primarily living on beans and toast, I would feel somewhat qualified to say Ive learned some lessons on the value of being rich and poor. As I look around and all that I have accumulated I often wish to be back in those days where life was simpler, purer, instinctive, and it had an edge that only being down to the bare bones can bring. Course it was a time when being poor was not the absolute societal cast aside that it is today. Nowadays being poor effectively means no nights out, no pints, no cinema, no spending hours in a cafe , no going to gigs, etc , back when I was living in squalor one could still do all those things. Winter time always reminds me of a freezing house , having to pee on the outside tap in the morning to de-ice it to get the water to run so I could put on the kettle. So where am I going with all that..

Its just context to explain my risk appetite and attitude to money, remember we are all different and have different views on our portfolio. Its context on some of the decisions I make, so caveat emptor

Anyways after a bit of research Im taking a punt on OCGN, its a pure chase.. its up 200% today and 100% the day before but still I jumped in earlier today . Im already up 10% from my entry. The ultimate winner in the fight against Covid has not yet been declared, Im backing them as a potential play in 2021, will give them 3 months. Im putting some faith in the Indian minds behind COVAXIN which will be distrubuted by OCGN . Ive been in many rooms where the Indian guy was the smartest guy in the room, so Im following the 'grey matter' on this one.

Also its some context as to why I will bring the kids along and swing by the winos who hang around the side of our local church and we drop them a few hundred yoyos so they can buy the good stuff and get properly wasted over the holidays. So enjoy your Christmas , do some good with some of your profits , its only fking money , .. never forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭masterK

Irishder wrote: »

Would you mind if asked where you seen that news? I've had a very small holding since September that is +120% and was considering getting out. It's been a total yoyo stock seems to fluctuate +/-15% every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

Fazorb wrote: »
    Been Slowly adding to my QuantumScape - my best gain so far.

Will be holding for the long term.

I'd be thinking of taking your initial investment off the table and let the rest run.
    10x in 51 days is not normal trade for free with house money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

FUBOTV

Took a bit of dive yesterday but it will bounce back.

Hoping for 100$ plus end of 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cpfm

Kilboor wrote: »
    Going into the new year I am watching:

SSTI
    BZUN

I am currently holding:

GME - Up 110%
    LSE:PVR - down 10%
    ANVS - Up 15% (115% overall)
    RMG - Up 70%

I will be adding to ANVS in the new year.

Most likely dollar cost average into SSTI and BZUN.

Subscribed to MyWallSt for more long term investing decisions

Have also subscribed to MyWallSt.

currently holding
    OPEN ORPHAN, MELROSE, UPWORK,PAYPAL,BILLING.COM,DATADOG,LEMONADE and TWILIO, SHELL and BP
    Have some small pieces of VSTS, MP, NCYT and put a lump into PSTH
    Also have a small holding in GREATLAND GOLD which is up 114% which I should really take the profit on - but it just keeps inching up... it'll tank for sure now :pac:

From MyWallst I've just bought into Home Depot and Prologis - I've too much tech so need to diversify more.

Plan to get some TDOC and GEVO today.

This is a great source of info ...and entertainment... am still a noob but its great to have access to all the knowledge and opinions shared here. thanks to all

So I ran OCGN by my bio pharma adviser , the wifey, shes not just good for telling me how the queues at COSTCO are .
    Anyways I still like the sound of OCGN, their tie up with BHARAT Pharma and a traditional vaccine approach using inactivated virus to train the immune system to fight off Covid.
    Ive never been sold on this mRNA technology, still relatively unproven. To some degree Covid vaccines based on mRNA is just a giant experiment to validate the underlying technology, its got little todo with beating Covid, this was a golden chance for companies developing mRNA tech to trial this on a mass scale.

So the missus was reading some recent papers from MIT on mRNA, specifically the Young lab . It was a lab across the hall from the lab she worked in in MIT so shes well familiar with the providence.
    In laymans terms theres still lots to learn on RNA transcription, still some debate on how mRNA vaccines stop this process , questions about the need to add this extra step to introduce the protein , how did 20 years of tailoring mRNA medicine suddenly make the breakthru in 6 months and also the fact like any process in a factory this synthesis in the body does not always do what it is suppossed to do.

BTW neither of us are anti-vaxs, herself tracked the kids vaccines religiously and scoffs at anti-vaxers but given a Nobel prize winner at MIT once asked her to teach his students her stuff, Im okay with OCGN as a punt that the winner on COVID vaccines may still be a late runner using traditional approach that doesnt breakthru until mid to late 2021 . Patients and Patience are in play on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Had an old order on Alibaba trigger this morning, thoughts if I'm catching this falling sword ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

my choices for 2021 are

IRES reit ( very undervalued relative to the property market on the ground )

Hibernia reit - ditto

Amazon , its been consolidating for quite a while now , many believe it saw too much benefit from Covid but conventional retail might never rebound , never mind in 2021 , consumer behaviour has perhaps forever changed

Facebook , its cheap relative to the boatloads of cash it has , Trump was very anti Facebook , its viewed as a Democrat supporting company

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

Had an old order on Alibaba trigger this morning, thoughts if I'm catching this falling sword ?

Bouncing ball buy more at 197 if it gets there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

I've just been looking into GEVO today, I was thinking of putting a play into this company after reading through some picks looking ahead (thanks all). This morning it was at $3.70 on opening, it's now up 18% to $4.36 as I write this. I wonder where this rise is coming from? Can't find anything in relation to fresh news over the last few hours.

Ix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

should have bought Amazon at the open today , great rise

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Ixlandia wrote: »
    I've just been looking into GEVO today, I was thinking of putting a play into this company after reading through some picks looking ahead (thanks all). This morning it was at $3.70 on opening, it's now up 18% to $4.36 as I write this. I wonder where this rise is coming from? Can't find anything in relation to fresh news over the last few hours.

Ix
    bought this after reading about it in a few places including here. Went from 2.9 upto 4.82 fast. And seems to be debt free and lots more positives to come. More reading/ research seems to show huge potential. And the industry in general will grow multiples and ill be happy if it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

RIGOLO wrote: »
    ARB - Argo Blockchain doing nicely this morning, still undervalued. Up 70% for me in a few weeks.
    Too late now but this is gonna blow 200% tomorrow. Dual listed in Frankfurt today and smashed it. Great call Rigolo

Advertisement