Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bbq

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

It looks really cool! Making one occupied my thoughts for a few months a few years back, never got around to it though.

Ya... if you handy with DIY you would be able to make one yourself as it is very basic! But I am not kind of guy unfortunately!!

I only paid €175 including a cover for the 200ltr version....including free delivery in a Flash Sale. They have a Facebook account you could 'Like' and keep an eye on it from there

If you make up one..... post it up for us to admire!

Bumping this in February 2021

Home store & More doing Sale on BBQs ..... link to my one below

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/gas-bbq/master-cook-connoisseur-600-6-burner-bbq/055910.html

I bought ay €249 in 2015 and it now €399...... saucy.

Mine is under cover outside for past 5 years and unfortunately the internal gas tubing starting to rot and break. Might invest in a smaller one this year. A Gas one is handy on an evening when in a hurry and waiting for my charcoal to light up etc.

Anyone see other offers .... please post

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/gas-bbq/master-cook-connoisseur-600-6-burner-bbq/055910.html

Homestore & More launched there BBQ sale. .... an example of a 5 burner above. Others on the sire .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Masala wrote: »
    Bumping this in February 2021

Home store & More doing Sale on BBQs ..... link to my one below

I bought ay €249 in 2015 and it now €399...... saucy.

Mine is under cover outside for past 5 years and unfortunately the internal gas tubing starting to rot and break. Might invest in a smaller one this year. A Gas one is handy on an evening when in a hurry and waiting for my charcoal to light up etc.

Anyone see other offers .... please post

masala, you can buy replacement tubing for them (i'm assuming you're talking about the channel between the burners)

I have the same model and have replaced them once, but they only lasted 2 years. still better than buying a new replacement

this is the link to the ones i bought...crossover kit

ablelocks wrote: »
    masala, you can buy replacement tubing for them (i'm assuming you're talking about the channel between the burners)

I have the same model and have replaced them once, but they only lasted 2 years. still better than buying a new replacement

this is the link to the ones i bought...crossover kit

FANTASTIC... many thanks for that!! I actually thought that it was the end of the line on this one!!!

Will look into this and see what can be done

AND just spotted some heat tents as an addon.. mine seen better days.

• Advertisement

just in case anyone else is thinking of this, you can also replace

the burners (depending on the state of your bbq, where these are fixed to the sides of the bbq it may be difficult to remove the old ones and then attach the new ones)
    the flavorizer tents

just in case anyone else is thinking of this, you can also replace

the burners (depending on the state of your bbq, where these are fixed to the sides of the bbq it may be difficult to remove the old ones and then attach the new ones)
    the flavorizer tents

Hi Able Locks........

YES - its the crossovers that have rotted on me. Just opened up teh BBQ yesterday and the burners look ok... so will put in an order on the above with Amazon. I presume its easy enough job to fit???

Masala wrote: »
    Hi Able Locks........

YES - its the crossovers that have rotted on me. Just opened up teh BBQ yesterday and the burners look ok... so will put in an order on the above with Amazon. I presume its easy enough job to fit???

it is, you just have to adjust the width. i didn't bother securing mine, so every now and then would check to make sure they stayed in position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Anyone else seen any good deals around Ireland for a decent sized gas bbq? I bought a lovely portable weber which we currently use and also for camping but looking for something bigger for entertaining that won't cost an arm and a leg!

it is, you just have to adjust the width. i didn't bother securing mine, so every now and then would check to make sure they stayed in position

Hi Able.....

Is it like this??????

There is a sachet with a small screw and a washer.....

regards

• Advertisement

i wasnt' sure about this either Masala - so i just put them gingerly in place and tried to extend them as much as possible so they stayed between each burner - exactly like your photo.

It didn't seem to affect the delivery of gas to each burner or gas usage...

they did fall a few times when i moved the bbq, but it was just a matter of putting them back in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

zell12 wrote: »

Don't be fooled by false "special" pricing.

Check online, normal UK prices seem to be very similar to home store "33%" off prices.

Basically they are "reduced" to a more normal price.

Advertisement