Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys 1 litre bottles

• 26-10-2016 6:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Baileys 1 litre bottles at a tenner a pop in Asda, this Fri/Sat/Sun (28th/29th/30th Oct 2016).

Probably the cheapest Baileys you'll find- and Asda are in Eniskillen if anyone cares to find them....... 20 mins from Sligo- if you're in the Northwest- this is a bit of a no-brainer..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Baileys 1 litre bottles at a tenner a pop in Asda, this Fri/Sat/Sun (28th/29th/30th Oct 2016).

Probably the cheapest Baileys you'll find- and Asda are in Eniskillen if anyone cares to find them....... 20 mins from Sligo- if you're in the Northwest- this is a bit of a no-brainer..........

A great price.

Note that Enniskillen is 42 miles from Sligo town, many of them bendy, twist miles.

It takes approx 60 mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Geuze wrote: »
    Note that Enniskillen is 42 miles from Sligo town, many of them bendy, twist miles.

Beautiful scenery though- I always divert via Glencar, the tranquility looking out over the lough is something else......... (not to mention the waterfall.......)

Yes- 20 mins was a massive understatement- however, even if it does take you an hour- a tenner for the 1 litre bottles is outstanding value.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If travelling far I'd be looking to see if asda sell out of good offers like this.

Baileys usually drops to €10 for 700ml at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Bottles of Amarula were £10 in Newry about a month ago. It's very similar to Bailey's, it's a high quality slightly spicier version from South Africa. Highly recommend it.

Bottles of Amarula were £10 in Newry about a month ago. It's very similar to Bailey's, it's a high quality slightly spicier version from South Africa. Highly recommend it.

Its a totally different taste to be honest- its a creme liquer made from the fruit of the Marula tree (the elephant tree)- versus Baileys which is made from Irish whiskey.

Personally I find it far too sweet- the stock that they were selling in Asda had originally been shipped to Wallmart in the US- but failed to sell- and was reshipped over these shores.

Its an interesting flavour- and apparently is very popular with youthful drinkers in South Africa- and some South American countries (particularly Brazil)- but older drinks tend to avoid it.........

Baileys tried to open a new market for liquers in the manner in which Amarula has done- with its varieties- most recently the cinnamon one which they advertised heavily stateside- but akin to Amarula- they've failed to crack the States with that one (the classic Baileys is however still wildly popular).

Its a pity that Baileys is so expensive here- esp. when its manufactured just up the road in Cavan- hopefully we have a few interesting offers on it in the run-up to Christmas.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 jtk13

Hi... does anyone know where I can buy Baileys pumpkin flavour liquor... sold out in Asda

jtk13 wrote: »
    Hi... does anyone know where I can buy Baileys pumpkin flavour liquor... sold out in Asda

Amazon.co.uk have a number of people selling it.
    For the life of me- I don't understand how/why its in demand- but it seems to be..........

Some O'Briens branches may still have it (keep in mind it was a small run/limited edition product- and will most probably not be coming back into stock).

Its £24.99 for a 70cl bottle on Amazon.co.uk............

Baileys 1L were 12 GBP in Asda yesterday.

That's 13.72 euro using Revolut at 87.48, so 9.60 euro per 70cl.

However, 70cl bottles are available in Tesco at 7.50 euro if you use vouchers.

However, 70cl bottles are available in Tesco at 7.50 euro if you use vouchers.
    Depends on the voucher, in the indo yesterday it was 10 off a 50 spend in dunnes, which tesco accept. That is 5 bottles for 40euro, so €8 each, the paper should really be included which is €3, so then comes to €8.60 per bottle.

My last 2 batchs of tesco vouchers sent to me were 10 off 50, and 5 off 25. Your 7.50 figure suggests 25% off.

I bought 2 copies of the indo, I expect more will have them in the coming weeks, preferably a cheaper paper.

I bought 4 in Tesco at 10 each, gross price = 40.

DS had posted me a 10 off 40 voucher, used it in Tesco, paid 30 net.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I expect more will have them in the coming weeks, preferably a cheaper paper.
    someone said the sunday world would have vouchers this week, I think for dunnes/tesco, but in previous weeks I see they were iceland ones though, which tesco no longer take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

I bought 4 in Tesco at 10 each, gross price = 40.

DS had posted me a 10 off 40 voucher, used it in Tesco, paid 30 net.

DS?

yannakis wrote: »
    DS?

Dunnes Stores......

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭laros

Hi ... The Asda in Kilkeel had about 6 bottles of this on the shelves yesterday afternoon.

Advertisement