Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD payment import tax children's clothes

• 05-03-2021 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I received a request for payment of approx. €20 for import duty/tax of a shipment of second hand children's clothes from UK. I don't have a problem paying it but really want to understand why I'm paying it, having read and reread revenue.ie guidelines. Is VAT not charged at the same rate as it would be if you bought the clothing in Ireland (0% for children's clothing <11years)? The commodity code referenced by DPD is 62179000...seems to be UK export code. I'd appreciate if someone could explain why I'm being charged as it will inform any future eBay shipments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Import duty is a separate thing from VAT. 0% VAT should apply but there are customs duties to be paid on importing some goods from outside the EU.

Advertisement