Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest Hub - €58.53 (exp 9 Mar 2021 at 4:00 pm)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Still showing €59.99* €89.99 for me.

Same here. Love mine so far even of it's main job is as a smart clock loving the retro clock face. The home control integration is good. Spotify works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Do third party doorbells work with this or only the Google doorbell?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah they are great for the price. Very handy with Google Duo as well to make calls to mobile devices.

Is there a way to connect google home devices together so they output the same audio when playing things like Spotify?

Yeah you can set up what's called a 'speaker group' in the google home app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mine has left Brussels and headed for Leipzig for some reason. Good old DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Still showing €59.99* €89.99 for me.

Yep works now. It thought I was in Netherlands first time (work laptop), which apparently makes it full price.

Downside is the increased price had justified me not buying it, now I'm not sure again...
    Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

Not happy at all with this and will be returning. Touchscreen is unresponsive. Photo background not available. Routines not available. Just a glorified clock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Nalz wrote:
    Do third party doorbells work with this or only the Google doorbell?

Not natively... Though if you've a home assistant setup and a third party camera integrated you can cast your dashboard to the hub and get notifications that way. But not ability to use the doorbell mic.

This is mainly the reason I've picked up another one of these for the office as a home dashboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

webpal wrote: »
    Not happy at all with this and will be returning. Touchscreen is unresponsive. Photo background not available. Routines not available. Just a glorified clock at the moment.

Have you tried a factory reset? Press and hold both volume buttons together for 10 seconds; a message should appear on the screen telling you about the reset - just keep holding the buttons down until it restarts.

If it's still unresponsive after that, then return it. But that's probably the first thing support would tell you to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭Barr

I have one these and think they are fantastic - especially now at the op price .

I have mine in the kitchen. One of the main things I use mine for is casting from the RTE app. It plays perfectly on the screen.

Could even replace a telly in a kitchen if you just use the basic RTE channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

webpal wrote: »

Routines not available? I just tried "tell me about my day" and it worked. Now I play news at the end of mine and it didn't play the news. I had to ask it specifically to do it then it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Barr wrote: »
    I have one these and think they are fantastic - especially now at the op price .

I have mine in the kitchen. One of the main things I use mine for is casting from the RTE app. It plays perfectly on the screen.

Could even replace a telly in a kitchen if you just use the basic RTE channels.

Forgot about casting?!

The screen is fantastic quality I must say ... also it looks like you can connect Bluetooth headphones to it also. Check out audio settings in the Google Home app.

Mine has left Brussels and headed for Leipzig for some reason. Good old DHL.

Anything I have bought from google , gets here lightening quick . Their delevery is excellent . Amazon could take a page out of their book :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone figured out how to create a live photo album yet with Google photos?

I've watched numerous YouTube videos, but the option isn't there on my app no matter what I do. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Barr wrote: »
    Anything I have bought from google , gets here lightening quick . Their delevery is excellent . Amazon could take a page out of their book :pac:

You've been lucky. Looking back over my last 5 orders there's been a glitch in 4 of them. And don't bother contacting "support" to help.

In any case, fair dues to DHL, they got it back on track and it got from Leipzig to Waterford in 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

anyone get Broadcast working with a Nvidia Shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

ordered on Monday and arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Hmm mine is on hold

Status
    Shipment on hold: Thursday, March 04, 2021 at 10:43

Anyone experience this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yeah, for about 5 hours in Leipzig yesterday. Then it moved on and arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Just bought another there for th bedroom. Can anyone suggest lights that can be controlled with this device?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Just bought another there for th bedroom. Can anyone suggest lights that can be controlled with this device?

Philips Hue are probsbly the most well known, other cheaper options such as TP Link, search on amazon for smart bulbs and anything compatible with google home will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

Ordered on Monday and not yet dispatched. Showing delay in shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Can someone please convince me that I don't need this?!! I already have a Google Home (BA thread), Lenovo Smart Clock (BA thread), two Google Minis in use, two more minis in the press (BA thread) yet to be unboxed. But it would work nicely with my Nest doorbell, also purchased due to a BA thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Looks like I've missed this.
    Showing as €89.99 now at link in OP.

showing @ €59.99 with free delivery now.

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Can someone please convince me that I don't need this?!! I already have a Google Home (BA thread), Lenovo Smart Clock (BA thread), two Google Minis in use, two more minis in the press (BA thread) yet to be unboxed. But it would work nicely with my Nest doorbell, also purchased due to a BA thread...

It worth it for the screen , make it way more useful especially if you already have a nest doorbell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

pigtail33 wrote: »

Hate to say it but if you have a nest doorbell, you should get one at this price.

I gave various google devices, the doorbell, 2 of these and a hub max and am wondering where I could use a third lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Ordered Wednesday afternoon, arrived today, I love it. Thanks!

(don't have the doorbell yet but I think I'll have to invest)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Arrived today. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

showing @ €59.99 with free delivery now.

Yep. I ordered a second one for a mate an hour ago.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Wait, do I need a nest doorbell now?

• Advertisement

Wait, do I need a nest doorbell now?

I think you just verbalised ,what half us were thinking

Advertisement