Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 50 50 can it be done?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah i watched it too, i came away from it feeling a bit let down by it..
    the elliptical , the turbo ( which given the really bad weather conditions was probably somewhat justified in one case ) the drips,
    the guy himself , although personality should really be irrelevant , something just didnt sit right with me about the whole thing..

some people i know found it inspiring, i found it all a bit strange..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Just seen that he starting 100 in a row today. He also says that he intends on using IV drips regularly. I find it very hard to warm to this, not sure why - I am not sure what he is trying to achieve. Also, his previous use of turbo trainers and elliptical machines has me sceptical about him in general.

Edit: having said that I will follow out of curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

I guess everyone has an opinion on this sort of thing.

Being positive, it would be some feat if he pulled it off, its a story for the grandkids, and I guess he can make a career out of it and help feed his kids so good luck.

But overall I think EC1000 put it well, its hard to warm to. It appears more about the fame than the challenge, and I'd wonder what sort of medical oversight allows IV drips as part of ongoing recovery. I guess that won't be the part that gets the media headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

EC1000 wrote: »
    Just seen that he starting 100 in a row today. He also says that he intends on using IV drips regularly. I find it very hard to warm to this, not sure why - I am not sure what he is trying to achieve. Also, his previous use of turbo trainers and elliptical machines has me sceptical about him in general.

Edit: having said that I will follow out of curiosity.

well wada does not allow ivs i think the limit is something like 75 mm . at the same time it would appear that he can do it, has an irish angle to it since guinesss seems allow it.
    so i guess you should write them an email why the disregard the wada code.
    but i dont know much since in my mind he should first complete 50 50 proper so i do not click on his stuff.
    at the same time his 50 50 50 challenge was a serious challenge as he had so much travelling time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

peter kern wrote: »
    so i guess you should write them an email why the disregard the wada code.

He could do the cycle on a motor bike as far as I'm concerned - I'm not bothered either way! Good luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

well I noticed this tread starting in 2015 so times does flies. 6 years later this guy it still at it. I am in EC1000 corner. I couldn't really be bother. Unless he is doing it to raise awareness for something it is all a bit nuts.

Advertisement