Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eat and jaw strange sensation

• 22-10-2020 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I’m not sure if I can describe this properly.

At the moment when I touch my left ear or left jaw I get a similar sensation to the feeling you get when from a dental anaesthetic.

I was thinking might be caused by being up most of the night and the room is cold but last night it was not as cold as previous nights plus a couple of days ago I got the same sensation when I was shaving in the evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm not a doctor but it could be an infection in the middle ear/ear canal.

I've had similar symptoms before. I thought I had Bells palsy or something as for a few days the right side of my face felt numb, felt it in the ear, jaw and across my brow so I went to the doctor assuming I would be given a day or two left to live but instead I was handed some antibiotics and that sensation left a few hours later.

Hopefully it's nothing too sinister but if it persists get it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

KeithTS wrote: »
    I'm not a doctor but it could be an infection in the middle ear/ear canal.

I've had similar symptoms before. I thought I had Bells palsy or something as for a few days the right side of my face felt numb, felt it in the ear, jaw and across my brow so I went to the doctor assuming I would be given a day or two left to live but instead I was handed some antibiotics and that sensation left a few hours later.

Hopefully it's nothing too sinister but if it persists get it checked out.

Could you feel it was numb all the time?

For me everting is normal unless I touch my ear or cheek - and it seems to be easing up a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Hopefully it's all sorted and it was a result of being up in a cold room as you said.

In my case I felt a small tingling sensation when touching it in work iirc but a few hours later on the drive home it started feeling a bit numb without touching it and it became quite obvious that night into the next day.

If it's feeling better now hopefully you're all grand and it's nothing but keep an eye on it. Google will tell you you're dying or have some incurable disease 99% of the time if you search symptoms for anything so just keep an eye on it and see an actual doctor if it persists or gets worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

KeithTS wrote: »
    Hopefully it's all sorted and it was a result of being up in a cold room as you said.

In my case I felt a small tingling sensation when touching it in work iirc but a few hours later on the drive home it started feeling a bit numb without touching it and it became quite obvious that night into the next day.

If it's feeling better now hopefully you're all grand and it's nothing but keep an eye on it. Google will tell you you're dying or have some incurable disease 99% of the time if you search symptoms for anything so just keep an eye on it and see an actual doctor if it persists or gets worse.

I wouldn’t look health stuff on google.

I did try to find if there is a word the numbness of dental anaesthetic to make posting easier but too much popped up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Closing this thread as per charter.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055702312
    First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
    If you want medical advice go to your GP.

If you have a medical condition and/or are worried about any symptoms you have or therapy you receive, please go to your GP and do not post them here as they cannot be addressed on this forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement