Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes, the migration of the warmth further eastward away from Ireland continues this evening from the overnight models.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So in conclusion...

its not happening in Dublin

and BOO/HISS London/England/uk.

im going to enjoy the humidity and warmth and thunder regardless

its alot more exciting than the usual dross.

You know the lightning won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

lawred2 wrote: »
    You know the lightning won't happen

why not???

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

why not???

Because it simply doesn't happen here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

lawred2 wrote: »
    Because it simply doesn't happen here

But it does, and has.

It's unlikely, but the charts are showing things of interest, blatant and irrational negativity is just pointless and doesn't add to any intelligible conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

With the slight shift west of the extreme heat it looks to bringing in a south easterly for longer, maybe this warm spell could last longer maybe even dryer

All speculation of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yes, the migration of the warmth further eastward away from Ireland continues this evening from the overnight models.

Game over so. I knew it was to good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

ZX7R wrote: »
    With the slight shift west of the extreme heat it looks to bringing in a south easterly for longer, maybe this warm spell could last longer maybe even dryer

All speculation of course.

So is it shifting east or west?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Opinions on whether we could be looking at continental imports and more organised , or more localized development and hit and miss?

I reckon mix between both local and imports through the second half of the week...

I'll give update when ecm is out later...

Oh god help us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

How is it game over? Still going to see warm temperatures and nice sunshine next week,nothing wrong with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Call me Al wrote: »
    So is it shifting east or west?

Main area of heat has shifted west more into Europe,I am just looking at the sorse of the air been fed in.
    Mind you it's only the GFS showing the shift at the moment.
    The ecm is out tonight so if it shows no shift then it's as you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

It's been lovely and warm here on the south west coast of beara peninsula and now rain for a few weeks.
    Badly need rain too, the garden in getting very dry

the 12z was meh.looking foward to the 18z:)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

It's been lovely and warm here on the south west coast of beara peninsula and now rain for a few weeks.
    Badly need rain too, the garden in getting very dry

I think I'm just going to move permanently where you are☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Still expect some decent storms from this warm/hot spell. Starts this weekend and extends Into next weekend

Phenomenal,latest ECM similar to yesterday,surge of intense heat heading towards Ireland.
    20 degree isotherm covering large portion of the country.Fascinating.

Ireland could have melted by this time next week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't know what anyone is panicking for.

Patience little ones :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Mugginess here is dreadful. It's like being in a steamed up kitchen or bathroom. I don't know how anyone could enjoy that.

Hopefully there's sun with it, as that isn't as heavy as masses of thick slate clouds. And I do love a summer storm.

But if it's gonna be a stint of just cloudiness and energy sapping heat where it feels like there'll be a storm any minute but it never happens... I'd rather the unseasonable cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Sounds good. Getting the video and camera recording equipment ready for next week for some good lightning shots.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The dry heat of Andalucia and other countries is so bearable. Even at 35+ temps. Shade bathing is the new tanning!

Humidity is just awful, it is not pleasant at all.

I (and I am sure most others) just cannot cope with humidity. Sorry now, I hate to be sweatin!!

So what's the latest update thanks.

The dry heat of Andalucia and other countries is so bearable. Even at 35+ temps. Shade bathing is the new tanning!

Humidity is just awful, it is not pleasant at all.

I (and I am sure most others) just cannot cope with humidity. Sorry now, I hate to be sweatin!!

So what's the latest update thanks.
    It's also sh1t for people prone to migraine, headaches, vertigo, allergies, respiratory issues. Sinus pain in my case - misery. And the tiredness is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It's also sh1t for people prone to migraine, headaches, vertigo, allergies, respiratory issues. Sinus pain in my case - misery. And the tiredness is crazy.

I'm with you on the sinus issue and the headpain.

But it will soon be over if we get the high temps high humidity combo. Hopefully.

May have taken this valuable thread off track, but the weather has effects for lots of people too. And thanks to those updating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just waiting for the drought merchants now
    Hasn’t even happened yet and people are complaining
    After months of complaining about low temps

It’s like last year all over again
    We don’t deserve nice weather

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

After a really warm sunny day (finally), its absolutely pissing down now in North Kerry. Still really warm so hoping for thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Phenomenal,latest ECM similar to yesterday,surge of intense heat heading towards Ireland.
    20 degree isotherm covering large portion of the country.Fascinating.

Ireland could have melted by this time next week

Why are people saying it will be warm on this forum but the met office only have highs of 16c for Dublin and a couple of C more in other parts of Ireland next wednesday and thursday?
    Are they wrong or something? Why do people think it's going to be warm when forecasts say otherwise?

Why are people saying it will be warm on this forum but the met office only have highs of 16c for Dublin and a couple of C more in other parts of Ireland next wednesday and thursday?
    Are they wrong or something? Why do people think it's going to be warm when forecasts say otherwise?

1). Symbol based forecasts are useless this far out, don't bother with them.

2). There's model disagreement, however we know that it will get warmer

3). Perhaps the most discussed point is that Dublin is in the east, and there will be an onshore wind cooling temperatures. Whatever temperatures we get, Dublin won't get getting the highest of them.

km79 wrote: »
    Just waiting for the drought merchants now
    Hasn’t even happened yet and people are complaining
    After months of complaining about low temps

It’s like last year all over again
    We don’t deserve nice weather
    People are simply hoping it won't be horrible oppressive humidity, which isn't nice weather just because it's warm.

And it's not necessarily the same people complaining about each extreme.

• Advertisement

Advertisement