Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Course, Different ECTS Credits

• 11-07-2019 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at doing a course and I see its available in two different IT's.
    The qualification is the same in both institutions.

The course in IT no.1 gives 90 ECTS credits and the course in IT no.2 gives 70 credits.

Can anyone explain to me why there is a difference.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm looking at doing a course and I see its available in two different IT's.
    The qualification is the same in both institutions.

The course in IT no.1 gives 90 ECTS credits and the course in IT no.2 gives 70 credits.

Can anyone explain to me why there is a difference.

Thanks

It's difficult to say without knowing the context. At a guess, I'd say both are either Higher Diploma or Masters? Presumably the 90 credit is newer than the 70 credit, as you wouldn't get a 70 credit programme through a validation process these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Thanks for the reply.

Yea they are both Higher Diplomas. They are conversion courses in Computing.

Advertisement