Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

• 25-01-2021 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭

This will suit some people. SSport+ Turkey have premiership/La Liga/Bundesliga/UFC McGregor etc/F1/WWF/MotoGP/pro bull riding/volleybalk/NFL/NBA/some movies plus catchup
    Cost is approx €2 per month or €18.50 per year. If you like the month and want a year, you cancel and resub for year when the months sub expires.
    Requirements: VPN that has turkey and the app (e.g. keepsolid VPN which is usually on offer for cheap as a lifetime package)

a) register an account using a VPN to Turkey https://www.ssportplus.com/ or go to step 2 and do step 1 through the app
    b) use the app which you must install as an apk https://apkpure.com/s-sport-plus/com.ssportplus.dice If you don't know how to install an unknown source, google it.
    c) Using a VPN, log into the app, click on any of the padlocked video streams which will then give you the option of a package monthly vs annual. google play subscriptions will then take care of it, via US dollars. It should cost about 2.45 dollars which is about 2 euro a month.
    One user did say they got the regular card payment page to work but most of us got errors.
    You can choose English language for most events. For McGregor UFC on 24th Jan, it was the original US commentary.

You will get used to some minor knowledge requirement of the Turkish language to navigate the menus.
    I use it on firestick and it works perfectly. Others use it on phone or tablet. Not sure if you can cast it to your TV.
    On desktop you can watch multiple sports at same time. You cannot watch on multiple devices at same time.
    This is the Turkish distributor of licence events.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Great work, worked with my Smartdnsproxy account. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I have not tried to register yet, but does anyone know if the VPN needs to be on when watching content or is just for the registering part?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Sconsey wrote:
    I have not tried to register yet, but does anyone know if the VPN needs to be on when watching content or is just for the registering part?

You need to have a vpn on when watching. It still streams really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Dazn is also another option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Del007 wrote: »
    Dazn is also another option

DAZN costs €9.99 in Italy, Germany and Austria so a little bit more expensive but still great value and you do get the Pro14: rugby added without Tolands voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Don't speak Turkish, but mentions Chromecast on main page - so should be castable. Looks great, just a pity there's no golf. All I use Sky Sports for is Prem League and golf - the multitude of 'Classic Rugby League Games From The 80s' and the like on their many channels doesn't interest me

DAZN costs €9.99 in Italy, Germany and Austria so a little bit more expensive but still great value and you do get the Pro14: rugby added without Tolands voice

Dazn is now available in ireland and it's legit. €2 per month. Use a vpn for Canada and you're sorted. I use expressvpn

Sorry, I meant to say that Dazn is now available and is 100% legal, it became live last month, mostly for boxing in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just a note before we get the usual discussion: These are legit services who have agreements to show these sports.
    These are not services that are illegal and cannot be talked about on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Why are services like this so cheap in other countries, but we get hammered here?

dulpit wrote: »
    Why are services like this so cheap in other countries, but we get hammered here?

Minimum wage in Ireland is ~ four times higher than Turkey.

• Advertisement

They won't pay it. Same with netflix/youtube/tidal/spotify.
    The amount of people i have told that they can get netflix for a fraction of the price aren't bothered, happy to pay full irish price.
    And I now think great because these companies don't care about the small number of us who manage to sign up through different countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Minimum wage in Ireland is ~ four times higher than Turkey.

Sky sports, allowing for discount (€25 per month for first 6 months, €40 for last 6) is ~ 22 times higher than this package.

TheDriver wrote: »
    They won't pay it. Same with netflix/youtube/tidal/spotify.
    The amount of people i have told that they can get netflix for a fraction of the price aren't bothered, happy to pay full irish price.
    And I now think great because these companies don't care about the small number of us who manage to sign up through different countries.

Nail on the head there. Irish people just couldn't be bothered looking for deals. I know someone paying 3.4% interest in their mortgage, just couldn't be bothered to move

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Dazn is now available in ireland and it's legit. €2 per month. Use a vpn for Canada and you're sorted. I use expressvpn

Sorry, I meant to say that Dazn is now available and is 100% legal, it became live last month, mostly for boxing in Ireland

Thanks OP.

Is Dazn potentially the better option language wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Thanks OP

Used Google translate via camera on phone to sign up on tablet. Worked a treat

Thanks OP.

For me it is

Sky sports, allowing for discount (€25 per month for first 6 months, €40 for last 6) is ~ 22 times higher than this package.

That's good to know, but also completely irrelevant. That is a cable service, this is an online streaming subscription. That's like asking why Sky Movies in Ireland is so much more expensive than Netflix in Turkey.

Thanks OP.

DAZN is primarily boxing. Not aware they show anything else TBH

Language hurdle aside the SS+ app looks pretty good & all the sports titles are in English. Think once you've used it a couple of times it'll be easy to navigate

fdevine wrote: »
    DAZN is primarily boxing. Not aware they show anything else TBH

Language hurdle aside the SS+ app looks pretty good & all the sports titles are in English. Think once you've used it a couple of times it'll be easy to navigate

Dazn have all the premier league games via Canada. I think they have all the american football also

• Registered Users Posts: 21 j.quinn.esq

Simple really, supply and demand.
    If people in Ireland stopped subbing to Sky sports at todays prices, you would see the prices come down.
    If you want a better price organise a mass exodus from Sky sports on a specific day, and stay away for a few months, you will see the price drop like a stone to win back customers.

• Advertisement

That's good to know, but also completely irrelevant. That is a cable service, this is an online streaming subscription. That's like asking why Sky Movies in Ireland is so much more expensive than Netflix in Turkey.

NowTV, is streaming & similar pricing - Sky Sports Month Pass is €19.50 for 3 months (auto-renews at €39pm, unless cancelled)

I'm now on Mexican Deezer & Turkish Netflix as well as this app. All sorted

The language is really a thing of nothing. You'll quickly figure out the 4-5 menu items as past, present and future schedule.
    Most commentary I have heard is English and also original ie premiership has a UK accent, the UFC is usual US accent and NFL same.
    The smaller stuff like European basketball from Gran Canaria was Turkish. MotoGP was in English.
    It's worth a try for €2 for the month.

On supply and demand, they even had an offer of a month for 10 lira as opposed to 17 lira for the UFC fight. With Sky they charge more whereas this crowd dropped their month's sub to get people in. Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The language is really a thing of nothing. You'll quickly figure out the 4-5 menu items as past, present and future schedule.
    Most commentary I have heard is English and also original ie premiership has a UK accent, the UFC is usual US accent and NFL same.
    The smaller stuff like European basketball from Gran Canaria was Turkish. MotoGP was in English.
    It's worth a try for €2 for the month.

On supply and demand, they even had an offer of a month for 10 lira as opposed to 17 lira for the UFC fight. With Sky they charge more whereas this crowd dropped their month's sub to get people in. Mad.

I was thinking the commentary actually, the app I could probably figure out.

A most enjoyable thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How many PL games do they show? I'd be mainly only watching a few teams.

It's not just Sky TBF. BT had the UFC on PPV this weekend & charged €25, which is a full year of subscription to SS+ or DAZN

Will try out the OP app & if that proves problematic I'll give DAZN a shot

Kolido wrote: »
    How many PL games do they show? I'd be mainly only watching a few teams.
    On schedule there's newcastke Vs Leeds, cryst Vs west h, south Vs ars, west b Vs man c, burnl Vs villa, Chels Vs wolv, Brighton Vs Fulham, mu Vs sheff, evert Vs leic and that's up to and including 27th.
    I'm not into PL so can anyone say is that every game or just crap ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dazn have all the premier league games via Canada. I think they have all the american football also

I have expressVPN so had a look there and yep lots of options!

One thing I always wonder about these services is how ye pay. Do they not need cards/Paypals registered in that region or will an Irish card or Revolut work? What about addresses and phone numbers?

Don't want to derail the thread too much or risk straying into forbidden areas, but if someone wants to PM me some guidance that'd be great

For SSports+, they wouldn't accept any card but through the app allowed you to setup a subscription using google pay.

For SSports+, they wouldn't accept any card but through the app allowed you to setup a subscription using google pay.

Subscribed via Google so it'll be easy to cancel if required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Don't speak Turkish, but mentions Chromecast on main page - so should be castable. Looks great, just a pity there's no golf. All I use Sky Sports for is Prem League and golf - the multitude of 'Classic Rugby League Games From The 80s' and the like on their many channels doesn't interest me

Chromecast will probably only work if your router is set up with VPN, not just your phone.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement