Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of Free WiFi in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 conordean

The Academy Plaza Hotel just of O'Connell Street has very good free WiFi in its bar as long has you are a customer. Nice bar as well, only new. It's just around the corner at the Gresham beside the D.I.T college I was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

T.P. Smiths opposite Jervis has free wireless, just don't plug in your laptop if there's a chubby baldy oullad around. Even if ya paid for a drink your not entitled to their precious electricity? Or Solas bar on Camden st, but they may be bit out of the way for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8 amaxwell

Not in Dublin, but may be useful none the less, is Nosh & Coffee in the Meridianpoint in Greystones. They have free wifi in/around their store.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

the comet pub in santry has free wifi for the last while. works good on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jester`

If you sit downstairs and sit inside behind the AirCoach Stand (they're outside), across from the ATM on that level, you have free wifi. You just have to open your browser and accept the terms and conditions. There is a bar/cafe in that corner too. Just be sure you connect to the access point with "Stand" in the name as the other ones are the buses with onboard wireless access points.

Jester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

All public wifi at Dublin Airport is free this week to facilitate people due to the issues with air transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Any free wifi in Dublin airport now? The place is dead, but 3g on my iPhone just isn't quick enough :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 shaneosullivan

Ochos is a pretty new place in Ranelagh. The food and coffee is fantastic, and they have free 7mbit broadband (I speed tested it). Hmm, I think I'll go there now ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Jakkass wrote: »
    All McDonalds have it I think except for Liffey Valley

and Blanchardstown..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Insomnia's all over Dublin seem to have got a contract with Vodafone for free Wifi.

SSID: Vodafone WIFI
    Security: None
    Speed: 4 to 7Mbps

They're everywhere - here's the list of stores (below) with wifi and without. Check the Vodafone icon.

http://www.insomnia.ie/stores/#map_top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Anywhere in the city centre where you are not expected to buy a coffee or muffin to use wifi?!

I know about libraries but you cannot access certain forums there.

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Anywhere in the city centre where you are not expected to buy a coffee or muffin to use wifi?!

Uh, thats a tough one. Yeah, a really tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Munchies in Dublin 2 (just off Grafton St, opposite The International Bar) Corner of South William St and Exchequer St

From here I can also detect a BitBuzz Wifi and a Vodafone Wifi also.

P.S: McDonald's on Grafton St are supposed to have a free Wifi system from Eircom but it sucks and does not work. I left 45 mins later after trying to connect from 6 or 7 different spots in the place and the staff here no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Maybe they should just give YOU free coffee and provide the WiFi as well! Come on,what do you expect?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you really expect people to provide free accomodation, heating, lighting furniture etc etc for your convenience?:rolleyes:

Calm down kids. I'm all set but a pal of mine is permanently skint is all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Calm down kids. I'm all set but a pal of mine is permanently skint is all.

And wont any company who provides the facilities which you are asking about end up exactly the same as your friend?

dub45 wrote: »
    And wont any company who provides the facilities which you are asking about end up exactly the same as your friend?

Not necessarily. Anyway it was just a query based on the thread title...........

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Evil Al

This is relevant :-) (NSFW language)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭cancercowboy

I wonder how many of these "free WiFi" hot spots are sh1te bit buzz? Bit Buzz: it's not free if you have to pay for it.

I wonder how many of these "free WiFi" hot spots are sh1te bit buzz? Bit Buzz: it's not free if you have to pay for it.
    If they ARE Bitbuzz, they ARE ****e. Bitbuzz is pure expensive. Occasionally I've had to use them and we are talking about 1 hour of access for around €6. The more reasonable price plans of monthly access (1000 mins/month for €10) have a huge catch of having to sign up for 3 months minimum!

Anyway, lets get back on topic John.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Evil Al

Lots of Bitbuzz hotspots have complimentary access, either online or if you ask staff for a free voucher.

Also, if you have an O2 iPhone/iPad or a 3 iPhone/Galaxy it's free on any Bitbuzz hotspot.
    it's not free if you have to pay for it
    Really? How does that work?

Evil Al wrote: »
    Lots of Bitbuzz hotspots have complimentary access, either online or if you ask staff for a free voucher.

Also, if you have an O2 iPhone/iPad or a 3 iPhone/Galaxy it's free on any Bitbuzz hotspot.

Really? How does that work?
    I wouldn't say "lots" at all, lot's of places have Bitbuzz, very few have the voucher system which allows only 20 minutes of wifi access. Occasionally a nice employee will give me another card if the previous runs out (which they're not supposed to do) but consider how annoying that is, being cut off every 20 minutes then scratching off codes and putting a new one in. I really don't like Bitbuzz at all, mainly considering the raft of free access points out there - it makes them seem like a real rip off.

It's not even secured wireless for damn sake, you think you'd pay for that at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yvonne79

I like the bia bar, lower stephens street, Dublin 2. They have Wifi and a good pizza offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Yvonne79 wrote: »
    I like the bia bar, lower stephens street, Dublin 2. They have Wifi and a good pizza offer!

i'm going to go in there and demand to be served by a 31 year old girl called yvonne!!
    anyway, outside the dental council on merrion square. one of the offices there has super fast broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 minigts

How current is the list at the beginning of the thread. I'll be there for a few days for work and will need a spot to connect. I don't mind purchasing a muffin or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone recommend a good, fast, SECURE wifi spot in Dublin 1?

Doesn't have to be free, happy to pay for it. Just needs to be fast and secure.

Joy of Coffee which is here (Maps) has an (alleged) 24Mbps connection and WPA security which he changes frequently so you know he's security savvy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Not sure If anyone mentioned dub county council libraries but they all have wifi and they all open all day, plus there's one near you where ever you are.

Advertisement