Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part-time work on covid payment

Options
  • 27-11-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all.
    I,v been getting the 350 payment since March but have been offered the possibility of one or two days work on Saturday and or Sunday. What I,m wondering is would I lose my entitlement to the covid payment completely and would I have to go onto JSB if I took it up.
    Cheers folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Yes, unfortunately. You need to apply for JSB (short time) which is not taxable. And you will send in weekly slips to let them know which days you were working

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You can work part-time on the covid payment I believe there a limit before you can lose the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Gatling wrote: »
    You can work part-time on the covid payment I believe there a limit before you can lose the payment

I thought that was only for self employed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I,v been getting the 350 payment since March but have been offered the possibility of one or two days work on Saturday and or Sunday. What I,m wondering is would I lose my entitlement to the covid payment completely and would I have to go onto JSB if I took it up.
    Cheers folks!
    Best to ring your local welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

There is a new allowance to facilitate this type of process , talk to your local social welfare office, they will best advise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Benny122

Ok so I have a few queries.

I work and my partner has a job but I think he’s going to be let go.

We were planning on having a family, we are not married - would he be entitled to claim social welfare if he is laid off and we have a child
    My income is about 28k per annum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

None of my business, but is it a good idea to be starting a family with the financial instability? 28k plus welfare will be hard to work with.

Kinda thing your friends and family might be thinking to themselves, but needs an ignorant stranger to say out loud?

Edit: His welfare entitlement would be means tested against your income. Might receive enough to cover a chunk of the nappy bill.

Yes you are right I agree but what can we do some people have nothing at all.

We want a family

Yes I agreed you are right but some people have nothing - we have a gone - we have an apartment - we have savings - would it be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Gatling wrote: »

Unfortunately not, only self employed on PUP can earn and its strictly limited. Any income whatsoever disqualifies recepients from receiving PUP. If a part time job is taken, recepients have to move to JSA/JSB and claim for days not worked.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement