Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No evidence that asymptomatic positive cases are infectious. MOD NOTE post 55

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Of course this all begs the question...

Why hasn't this OP been permabanned - they are constantly spouting unfounded tripe around the coronavirus. And now they're starting threads about it.

We are in a pandemic it's ****e enough without this absolute ****.

"China are big giant liars"

"until they release the data I like"

HAHA, start of the year everybody hated them.

This report is interesting. Would nice to see some replication. If true the economic restrictions were unnecessary.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Of course this all begs the question...

Why hasn't this OP been permabanned - they are constantly spouting unfounded tripe around the coronavirus. And now they're starting threads about it.

We are in a pandemic it's ****e enough without this absolute ****.

Begs the question isnt what you think it is.

As for whether he should be banned. He might well be wrong, in which case argue against him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Mask talk goes in the mask thread, keep to the topic at hand please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭kippy

GT89 wrote: »
    Unhealthy people react worse to the virus than the healthy people that's well known. The long term effects is more scaremongering nonsense.

You've absolutely nothing to base those assumptions on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/health-experts-favour-tighter-covid-restrictions-the-politicians-less-1.4415096

I find it incredibly unsettling that this news about the government hiring people to extrapolate data from NPHET isn't front-page material, that it's just thrown in as an afterthought.

EY

As in Ernst & Young?

Dealt with them before for auditing, brutal crowd

If NPHET are hiding data, they'll find it

Gonna get interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Results of the Chinese study where they Tested 10 million people, it appears to show asymptomatic people are not a threat like previous smaller studies.
    "There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases"
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

This would really bring into question why healthy people should be subject to restrictions or mandates.

I'm not sure what's more ludicrous:

- The agenda you constantly push on here that this isn't serious

- Or the fact you're using a Chinese study

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

kippy wrote: »
    You've absolutely nothing to base those assumptions on....

Fat people (unhealthy) are more likely to end up in ICU
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/obesity-linked-to-hospitalisation-and-icus-for-covid-19-patients-1.4361841

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I don't expect you to change your mind, your 100% correct in your head and nothing is going to change that.

You of course, don’t see the irony of this. You’ve countless threads & comments on this site where you go off on journeys of exploration of alternative realities with your guiding light of confirmation bias. Not having a go, but your ability to parse information and distinguish between fact and obvious BS seems completely broken.

Most people know to sneeze into their elbow or a tissue when they sneeze. There's zero need to wear masks.
    Unhealthy people react worse to the virus than the healthy people that's well known. The long term effects is more scaremongering nonsense.

Which of your grifter sites gave you these pearls of wisdom?

• Advertisement

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what's more ludicrous:

- The agenda you constantly push on here that this isn't serious

- Or the fact you're using a Chinese study

To be fair it is published in Nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/health-experts-favour-tighter-covid-restrictions-the-politicians-less-1.4415096

I find it incredibly unsettling that this news about the government hiring people to extrapolate data from NPHET isn't front-page material, that it's just thrown in as an afterthought.

The Government really have screwed up royally handing absolute power to NPHET and now they don't know how to take back control. Jesus they can't even get truthful data out of them, unbelievable.

NPHET need to be removed from the media spotlight at once and put behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

When was the last time that actually happened to you? People do not go around spitting on each other.

https://youtu.be/gZ66wJFD3bs

Skip to the bit where he's showing whats coming out when he's just saying numbers if you don't want to watch the whole lot.

So you have nothing to base those assumptions on.
    There are plenty 'healthy' people that have ended up in hospital or ICU.
    Again, we know feck all about this virus...

https://youtu.be/gZ66wJFD3bs

Skip to the bit where he's showing whats coming out when he's just saying numbers if you don't want to watch the whole lot.

I'll try again with your lab based evidence as a reference point, when was the last time your face was that close to a stranger while taking to them?
    That video is lab based not real world.

Your complete missing the point of the study.

I don't really care if someone coughs or sneezes in my face unlike most I'm not living in fear of a virus that's no worse than the flu.

:rolleyes:

"Every year, around the world, flu causes between 3 and 5 million cases of severe disease and up to 646, 000 deaths"

Covid deaths are over twice that. In about 10 months.

"Every year, around the world, flu causes between 3 and 5 million cases of severe disease and up to 646, 000 deaths"

In about ten months and using the greatest amount of mitigation measures the world has ever seen.....

You of course, don’t see the irony of this. You’ve countless threads & comments on this site where you go off on journeys of exploration of alternative realities with your guiding light of confirmation bias. Not having a go, but your ability to parse information and distinguish between fact and obvious BS seems completely broken.

I'm still waiting for the supply chain to break down and the army on the street as they assured would be happening back in March according to the whatsapp group they are a member of.

I'm also still waiting to read about the shootout they were going to have with in their words fascist gardai.

I'll try again with your lab based evidence as a reference point, when was the last time your face was that close to a stranger while taking to them?
    That video is lab based not real world.

"Lab based". Its him in a room in his house with a light and a camera.

Why not just tell the truth and admit you're dismissing it because it doesn't suit you.

Can we drop the mask talk as the mask or die brigade have hijacked the thread as it suggests their wrong in their fear of healthy people.

There's a lot more to it than that, we may need to rethink our approach to healthy people not just one one mandate but all the measures.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I have never heard of anyone ever being tested for influenza. It's easy to put covid 19 on a death cert when someone tests positive. A guy in Croatia died falling off a ladder and was put down a covid death.

Can we drop the mask talk as the mask or die brigade have hijacked the thread as it suggests their wrong in their fear of healthy people.

"Why can't I just spread my nonsense without people questioning it all the time"

Btw. The first 2 posts to mention masks in the thread were yours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Moving this to the conspiracy theory forum, reminder to read the charter before posting when opened again

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Re-opening.

Please use thread to discuss seriousness of Covid being overstated.

Please leave history with a poster in another forum at the door.

Similarly, anyone who has been sanctioned in COVID forum, don't replicate your attitude here.

On what basis is this report in Nature considered a Conspiracy? I see no reason for it to be classified as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

On what basis is this report in Nature considered a Conspiracy? I see no reason for it to be classified as such.
    I too find it strange that this was put in the conspiracy theories forum, as it's published in Nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How can an asymptomatic person be differentiated from a pre-symtomatc person at the time of testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Sardonicat wrote: »
    How can an asymptomatic person be differentiated from a pre-symtomatc person at the time of testing?

Exactly. This result came out a while back but little difference to policy (for adults anyway) as you can't know if someone is pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic until after the fact.

The one place where it does seem to have affected policy is in keeping the schools open. Since kids are mostly asymptomatic when they're infected, it means less risk for keeping them in school.

Advertisement