Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

I was looking at this too. Exactly the 2020/2021 43 inch.
    What the diff between Amazon and Currys model? Amazon says its an amazon exclusive?

Anyone know if these support Airplay 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

kaerobe wrote: »
    What the diff between Amazon and Currys model? Amazon says its an amazon exclusive?

Only difference between them is the Amazon’ one doesn’t have the keyboard on the back of the remote. Everything g else is exactly the same

kaerobe wrote: »

Only difference between them is the Amazon’ one doesn’t have the keyboard on the back of the remote. Everything g else is exactly the same

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do the lights at the back of it change colour depending what colour is on the screen? Like if you were watching football are the lights always green? And does that make a difference for viewing or is it just a gimmick?

It follows the video and there are options for vivid/football/game/comfort and a few more. Deep in the settings you can tell the TV of the colour of the wall behind so it can compensate. You can also set it to follow audio and flags and gimmicks like that.
    I find for TV/films it's a nice little extra for immersion. Just a pity that now they've made so much material in 21:9 even for TV. :pac: Nature documentaries are brilliant with it.
    For gaming it's excellent. I love it for driving games especially from in-car camera views. I've had a few literal "wows" with it.

The one I have is a couple of generations behind so the smart features aren't great (slow/clunky) but I'd always planned to use my Xbox anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

7805 is now on offer at Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

TheDriver wrote: »
    7805 is now on offer at Amazon.

What is difference between 7805 and one in the OP? Considering the 43"....

I have the 7805 and it's a great TV at 55", paid 499 stg with 6 year warranty.

tadgho wrote: »

Seem to be similar enough. 7805 isn’t an android smart tv. Just a regular smart

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Have you a link handy please to that one on Amazon?
    I have the 7805 and it's a great TV at 55", paid 499 stg with 6 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Something of an explainer here and here, but in short it seems you can break them down to extract screen size, model level and year, and region. Taking say 58PUS9005/12 as an example:

58 - Screen Size
    P - Philips (Duh!)
    U - Resolution, UltraHD/4K
    S - Type of built in TV receiver
    900 - Series of TV, higher = "more premium"
    5 - Released in 2020
    /12 - UK variant

So in theory the 7805 is a few steps below the 8545 and 9005, but in the same model year. Here's a comparison of the 58" 7805, 8545 and 9005 from Philips themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Best way to pay on Amazon?? Can I use Revolut?? Going to pull the trigger on the 43" 8545 in the OP!...;)

I usually just use my linked CC and pay in GBP
    Best way to pay on Amazon?? Can I use Revolut?? Going to pull the trigger on the 43" 8545 in the OP!...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yes you can use Revolut obviously pay in sterling

you won't go wrong with it. I'm very impressed with mine, no blur or shuddering on 4K, gaming seems good on it. It handles HD saorview very well.
    Clunky smart features. Netflix and prime work on it, it also has RTE player on it.

Thanks for that - Ill be using a 4k firestick so not too worried about the smart features....just moreso about the actual picture quality when watching sports etc

you won't go wrong with it. I'm very impressed with mine, no blur or shuddering on 4K, gaming seems good on it. It handles HD saorview very well.
    Clunky smart features. Netflix and prime work on it, it also has RTE player on it.

TV in OP is sold by Amazon EU it says in my order, so presuming it will have a UK plug as opposed to European if sold on Amazon UK?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

TV in OP is sold by Amazon EU it says in my order, so presuming it will have a UK plug as opposed to European if sold on Amazon UK?..

It should of sold by Amazon UK.
    It might also only have UK digital receiver so be incapable of receiving Irish channels

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Waiting on the 9005 to come back into stock in Currys, hopefully. Had been on FB Messenger to them and was told more stock would be arriving in coming weeks...

It should of sold by Amazon UK.
    It might also only have UK digital receiver so be incapable of receiving Irish channels

The /12 model number is the UK rather than mainland EU variant, so should get the right plug. As for UK vs IE tuner, per the links I posted above the S in the model number seems to determine the tuner built in, and the PUS models are listed as compatible on saorview.ie, so I'd expect the poster will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Cracker of a tv
    Ambilight is amazing
    I am looking at the 50 inch 9005 version as it has 4 sided Ambilight. However seems like Curry’s Ireland don’t stock it

It’s on the UK Curry’s site for £449

Had anyone ever had delivery from Curry’s UK? Will they deliver to Parcel Wizard address?
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Waiting on the 9005 to come back into stock in Currys, hopefully. Had been on FB Messenger to them and was told more stock would be arriving in coming weeks...

Interested in this also, seems to be one of very few 4 sided Ambilight TVs which for a wall mounted device would be nice.
    As the BionicRasher mentioned the .ie site doesn't list the 50PUS9005 so did they mention on FB Messenger if there were any issues in shipping to Irl from the UK site?

Looks like the .ie site only lists the 58" in the 9005 model. 58" is too large for my needs but .co.uk site has it for £549 but .ie site for €649 so terrible exchange rate. Irish VAT at 21% currently so not too different to UK rate of 20% so explain that sort of mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

shnaek wrote: »

Damn out of stock

Got it on amazon for 380, cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Interested in this also, seems to be one of very few 4 sided Ambilight TVs which for a wall mounted device would be nice.
    As the BionicRasher mentioned the .ie site doesn't list the 50PUS9005 so did they mention on FB Messenger if there were any issues in shipping to Irl from the UK site?

Looks like the .ie site only lists the 58" in the 9005 model. 58" is too large for my needs but .co.uk site has it for £549 but .ie site for €649 so terrible exchange rate. Irish VAT at 21% currently so not too different to UK rate of 20% so explain that sort of mark up.

No they didnt mention anything more than the above, I replied and they gave me the seen.

I have tried ringing Blanchardstown, but they keep hanging up on me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cianaldo_

Looking at buying a tv and having seen this thread I'm being swayed towards the Philips 50". These are the models I've narrowed it down to based on similar price in the 50" size.
    50PUS9005
    50PUS8535
    50PUS7805
    50PUS7855

Could someone please explain the main differences between them, and which order you would rank them?
    TIA!

cianaldo_ wrote: »
    Looking at buying a tv and having seen this thread I'm being swayed towards the Philips 50". These are the models I've narrowed it down to based on similar price in the 50" size.
    50PUS9005
    50PUS8535
    50PUS7805
    50PUS7855

Could someone please explain the main differences between them, and which order you would rank them?
    TIA!
    Only one page previous, I broke down how to interpret the model numbers, which in itself tells you how to rank them. If you want more detailed comparison, then your best bet is to use the comparison tool on Philips' own website, e.g. https://www.philips.ie/etc/philips/b2c/compareproducts.html?locale=en_IE&catalog=CONSUMER&ctn=58PUS9005/12,58PUS8545/12,58PUS7805/12
    cython wrote: »
    Something of an explainer here and here, but in short it seems you can break them down to extract screen size, model level and year, and region. Taking say 58PUS9005/12 as an example:

58 - Screen Size
    P - Philips (Duh!)
    U - Resolution, UltraHD/4K
    S - Type of built in TV receiver
    900 - Series of TV, higher = "more premium"
    5 - Released in 2020
    /12 - UK variant

So in theory the 7805 is a few steps below the 8545 and 9005, but in the same model year. Here's a comparison of the 58" 7805, 8545 and 9005 from Philips themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have you managed to get ITV/BBC player working on it? I have them installed but they don't show up when I look in the 'smarts' part of the TV.

By all other means it is a fantastic TV for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Posting again hoping someone can answer.

Is it easy to switch between saorview and satellite? Is there a freesat EPG or must satellite channels be manually sorted?

god's toy wrote: »
    Have you managed to get ITV/BBC player working on it? I have them installed but they don't show up when I look in the 'smarts' part of the TV.

By all other means it is a fantastic TV for the money.

they prob show on UK setup. I use a firestick so only use the smart features for rte player and prime.

they prob show on UK setup. I use a firestick so only use the smart features for rte player and prime.
    Thanks. Even using a VPN with the TV reformatted and set to the uk they still don't show... Ok thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

mossy464 wrote: »
    Posting again hoping someone can answer.

Is it easy to switch between saorview and satellite? Is there a freesat EPG or must satellite channels be manually sorted?

I have not used saorview but I do know it not on the Astra/freesat satellites... Just so you are aware, its not a 'Freesat' receiver' as such, as in it does not use the freesat EPG. It receives all sat channels on astra and freesat channels are among them but the order is all over the place... So you will need to make a favorite list set to the order of freesat yourself (in whatever order you like. You can make 4 lists I think)

Advertisement