Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Reduced from £499 to £389, looks to be a good deal and will ship direct to Ireland from amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089NJTH49

Cheers for that. Was watching that tv for a bit. Harvey Norman has it gone back up to 649 since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

Tesco Liffey Valley had (not sure if still has it, but it was only a couple of days ago) the 50 inch model por 595 (and currys for 599)
    Richersounds still has it for 649, and that is a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can go up to 58" with free delivery to ROI.

Solid deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

very tempted by 58 inch! any one have any hands on time with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭shnaek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

the 50 inch went out of stock!! dam it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have the 7805 from richer sounds, philips make a cracking TV. the smart functions are chunky but the panel is great and the ambilight is very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

I bought the one from tesco, I had an old philips 42pus8404, and went for the 50 (thought about the 58 from richersounds, but it was too big)
    Ambilight, as always, great.
    It has android 9 in it, so you can install apps and games. It can do picture in picture between the channels (satellite and cable/aerial inputs) and hdmi, or hdmi and internal apps (so i have the virgin set top box in PIP in one corner while it is on advertisements and check youtube,etc)
    Remote control, on the back, has a keyboard.It has a microphone to talk to google or alexa. Of coruse, chromecast,etc
    It has all formats of HDR (including dolby vision) and netflix recognizes it.
    The ambilight can be linked as well to philips hue (the wifi lights) and to a new speaker (philips wifi home speaker i think) that has ambilight too.
    It can follow the video, the audio, a flag (that you choose), a color set by you. You can turn off the screen and leave the audio and ambilight running.
    And can set, if you have it in your room, to use the ambilight as a sunset to help you relax at the end of the day, and alarm to wake you up.

Sounds great - I currently have the Sony Bravia 55XD8577 4K Ultra HD, but this 58" Philips does sound like a step up
    serarra wrote: »
    I bought the one from tesco, I had an old philips 42pus8404, and went for the 50 (thought about the 58 from richersounds, but it was too big)
    Ambilight, as always, great.
    It has android 9 in it, so you can install apps and games. It can do picture in picture between the channels (satellite and cable/aerial inputs) and hdmi, or hdmi and internal apps (so i have the virgin set top box in PIP in one corner while it is on advertisements and check youtube,etc)
    Remote control, on the back, has a keyboard.It has a microphone to talk to google or alexa. Of coruse, chromecast,etc
    It has all formats of HDR (including dolby vision) and netflix recognizes it.
    The ambilight can be linked as well to philips hue (the wifi lights) and to a new speaker (philips wifi home speaker i think) that has ambilight too.
    It can follow the video, the audio, a flag (that you choose), a color set by you. You can turn off the screen and leave the audio and ambilight running.
    And can set, if you have it in your room, to use the ambilight as a sunset to help you relax at the end of the day, and alarm to wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Was just doing a bit of research tgere. Currys UK have the next model up at exactly the same price and have the 50 inch version in stock as well.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/philips-43pus8555-12-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10206085-pdt.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

I have an older model amiblight (55") and absolutely love the lights, couldn't go back to normal tv's, serious first world problem. The smart capabilities aren't great but I have sky Q and and xbox 1 hooked up so don't have to use it.

Great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Actually looking for a 50" at the moment if anyone comes across one, the 43" seems a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Seriously tempted by the 58" version of this. Have been looking for a 55" 4k TV at a decent price, and the ambilight have really caught my eye.

Would like to buy from Richer Sounds, but they are beaten by a good bit on this.

Think this would be the one I would go for - seems to be the consensus on HUKD

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/philips-58pus9005-12-58-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10207671-pdt.html
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Seriously tempted by the 58" version of this. Have been looking for a 55" 4k TV at a decent price, and the ambilight have really caught my eye.

Would like to buy from Richer Sounds, but they are beaten by a good bit on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭cathy427

Slipshaney wrote: »

Any concerns about the white/grey bezel.
    Is it distracting when watching ?
    Does it take away from the look of it?
    Would it age badly? (tend to keep tvs for long time via moving them in the extended family)

IBrows89 wrote: »
    I have an older model amiblight (55") and absolutely love the lights, couldn't go back to normal tv's, serious first world problem. The smart capabilities aren't great but I have sky Q and and xbox 1 hooked up so don't have to use it.

Great deal!

I got 50 inch Ambilight earlier this year and it really is brilliant. Wouldn't get another main TV without it if the option is there.

My current Sony Bravia has a grey bezel, and its a good few years old

Still looks great to be honest. sitting on a white TV stand

I presume the Philips is a grey bezel also as opposed to white?
    cathy427 wrote: »
    Any concerns about the white/grey bezel.
    Is it distracting when watching ?
    Does it take away from the look of it?
    Would it age badly? (tend to keep tvs for long time via moving them in the extended family)

Just on the currys 58PUS9005, nearest in stock is in Cork, estimated dispatch for home delivery is 10-21 days and a 25 euro delivery on top of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

I ordered the 58 inch from Curry’s ,been looking for awhile at the Philips tv’s ,hope it will fit :)
    Will collect it tomorrow v’s getting it delivered.

RonTon wrote: »
    I ordered the 58 inch from Curry’s ,been looking for awhile at the Philips tv’s ,hope it will fit :)

Hope you have space. :P It's strange how quick we get used to large TVs in settings like sitting rooms but when you then try and get them into a car you're reminded how big they actually are. :pac:

• Advertisement

Let us know how you get on

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on

Will do,was about order the op one on Amazon but went with your one on Curry’s, thanks

Will do,was about order the op one on Amazon but went with your one on Curry’s, thanks

Are u in Dublin ? Going to keep an eye on stock and pick one up myself if I can get one local.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Are u in Dublin ? Going to keep an eye on stock and pick one up myself if I can get one local.

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Labelled

Is there anything to be said for holding off until black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089N6PNKC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_n.WQFbXBHCMQY

This appears to be a good price also. Not android but I will be using it with a firestick so not that bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Can someone tell me how easy it is to switch between saorview and free sat on this?

We've a very old Bravia and it's one button press.

We have a newish Hisense and it's at least 8 button presses, reconfiguration of channels required

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do the lights at the back of it change colour depending what colour is on the screen? Like if you were watching football are the lights always green? And does that make a difference for viewing or is it just a gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Can anyone comment on switching between saorview and satellite? Is there a freesat EPG?

I had pulled the trigger on a 43inch lg below but this is tempting.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-43UN70006LA-Smart-Freeview-Freesat/dp/B08CJ72Y17/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=lg+tv&qid=1605048323&sr=8-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Cracker of a tv
    Ambilight is amazing
    I am looking at the 50 inch 9005 version as it has 4 sided Ambilight. However seems like Curry’s Ireland don’t stock it

It’s on the UK Curry’s site for £449

Had anyone ever had delivery from Curry’s UK? Will they deliver to Parcel Wizard address?

Advertisement