Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trading 212

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

uli84 wrote: »
    Are irish banks charging for the fund transfers via bank transfer to trading 212 account?

Don't know, but you can use your debit/credit card to transfer funds

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

outonawing wrote: »
    Don't know, but you can use your debit/credit card to transfer funds

Up to €2k. They introduced this limit recently. Once you go above that they'll charge a 0.7% fee.

I've no clue about bank fees myself. I've been using transfers from credit card and just paying the card monthly as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I would like to know this as well.

There is a 0.7% fees on cards for transactions above 2000. Is this monthly cap?
    uli84 wrote: »
    Are irish banks charging for the fund transfers via bank transfer to trading 212 account?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

I would like to know this as well.

There is a 0.7% fees on cards for transactions above 2000. Is this monthly cap?

Here's the email about changes to funding charges:

Since the launch of our Invest service, we’ve been covering all deposit fees charged by the payment providers. Typically, these fees are included in the price of the products and services that you buy. But our share dealing service is completely free and the transferred amounts have grown to billions of euros per year. That’s why, starting from 04.01.2021, we are introducing a lifetime limit on free deposits via all payment methods other than Bank Transfers.

Funding via Credit/Debit Cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Skrill, iDeal, DotPay GiroPay and Sofort, will remain fee-free until you have deposited €2,000 in total. A fee of 0.7% will apply thereafter. Please note we do not profit from this fee. Its purpose is to cover the costs levied by payment providers and card companies.

Bank transfers remain completely free (unless your bank charges you to make them) and we are working on expanding them further in 2021 with the following options:

SEPA Direct Debit - enabling recurring and one-off bank transfers across the EU;
    We will extend the coverage of payments via Open banking throughout most European countries.
    Depositing into CFD accounts remains fee-free without limits.

Visit our Help Centre to learn more on the topic.

Best regards,
    The Trading 212 Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

I've a monthly DD into a Pie I created using one of their AI's.
    Theres a nice amount there at the moment.

So far the im up 21% over the space of 6 months. I dont change or adjust the %'s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

B-D-P-- wrote: »

So far the im up 21% over the space of 6 months. I dont change or adjust the %'s.

How do you set up a direct debit with T212?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Been on the waiting list since they've launched it, but haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone know if I manager to get a referral link will I be able to setup or would I just be put on the waiting list again.

Also I've seen in the thread that trading 212 doesn't have a yearly report to make it easier to calculate cg etc. Is that still the case?

If I was to make a spreadsheet would someone be able to advise on the columns that would be necessary to keep track of my buys and sells.

Complete noobie here, but I want to get stuff right from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

The pies are really interesting someone has an ark invest one. Do you know much about the terms with it? Fees etc.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    The pies are really interesting someone has an ark invest one. Do you know much about the terms with it? Fees etc.

No fees for pies (or for trading).
    I've copied a couple of ARK ETFs (top 15 holdings) and put some money into them. They work very well.

They obviously won't track the ETFs though. So the percentages of each stock in your pie today will not match the percentages in the ETF in a month. You can rebalance manually. It's time consuming. The Trading 212 interface is clunky. It looks nice but they make simple tasks repetitive. (e.g. not pie related but they only managed to get a CSV export option to get your trades out to Excel last month, that is really basic stuff).

When you rebalance you get an option to sell shares and buy shares to rebalance to your target percentages. The other method is to add money and get the pie to redistribute the money to stocks that haven't met your % target. This avoids the pie selling portions of stocks (which you then have to account for, for tax).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Robson99

Trying to set up a PIE in T212 with Investment Trusts.
    Schroeder Asian Tot return is on the list but when I go into the PIE to include it it doesn't show up Any reason for this. I notice the same with a few of the Asian Trusts You can invest on its own but not include it in a PIE...Maybe it's me ?

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    .Maybe it's me ?

Not just you. I tried adding that trust to one of my pies to see if it was just you.
    Same as you, I could buy some of it normally if I wanted but when adding a slice to the pie doesn't show the Schroder Asian Total as an option.

Actually when searching for Schroder when buying a share I get about 13 results.
    If I go into Edit a pie and add a slice and search for Schroder I get 3 results.
    No idea why.

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Not just you. I tried adding that trust to one of my pies to see if it was just you.
    Same as you, I could buy some of it normally if I wanted but when adding a slice to the pie doesn't show the Schroder Asian Total as an option.

Actually when searching for Schroder when buying a share I get about 13 results.
    If I go into Edit a pie and add a slice and search for Schroder I get 3 results.
    No idea why.

Thanks TTG1
    I could always just add Fidelity...I think it pops up or I might just email them
    Just want to do a PIE with Monks Inc Trust plus some SMT, Allianz and something with Asia China base.
    Handier for me to have them in a PIE and set up a DD into it ....don't want the daily hassle and it is a 5yr + investment

timetogo1 wrote: »

No idea why.

Figured it out. It seems that you cannot add a stock that don't sell Iin fractions to a PIE

Finical wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Been on the waiting list since they've launched it, but haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone know if I manager to get a referral link will I be able to setup or would I just be put on the waiting list again.

Also I've seen in the thread that trading 212 doesn't have a yearly report to make it easier to calculate cg etc. Is that still the case?

If I was to make a spreadsheet would someone be able to advise on the columns that would be necessary to keep track of my buys and sells.

Complete noobie here, but I want to get stuff right from the start.
    Just on waiting list again I'm afraid. I'm in the same boat.

See here for excel sheet and tips on Cap Gains: https://www.cpaireland.ie/CPAIreland/media/Education-Training/Study%20Support%20Resources/F2%20Taxation/f2-tax-capital-gains-tax-and-share-dealing.pdf

I made my own version of the sample share register in that. Excel now has the ability to pull share prices too.

Just on waiting list again I'm afraid. I'm in the same boat.

See here for excel sheet and tips on Cap Gains: https://www.cpaireland.ie/CPAIreland/media/Education-Training/Study%20Support%20Resources/F2%20Taxation/f2-tax-capital-gains-tax-and-share-dealing.pdf

I made my own version of the sample share register in that. Excel now has the ability to pull share prices too.

Nice one, thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Are US Options available on Trading 212? Would like to trade some call options on HYLN and put options on PLTR.
    US options not available on Degiro...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Always worth considering...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

GalwayBmw wrote: »
    Always worth considering...

Was that aimed at me? I'm interested in options, not selling short, and unlike the sad story you linked I understand my losses will always be limited to the premium paid for the option.....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Saxo allow US options, I signed up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Was that aimed at me? I'm interested in options, not selling short, and unlike the sad story you linked I understand my losses will always be limited to the premium paid for the option.....

of course they will.

• Advertisement

Getting a bit annoying now that they still have the waitlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Me too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I've been waiting a week for them to 'check my ID'

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

What happens to your assets if Trading212 goes bankrupt? Is there much protection for EU customers?

Yeah an update from them would be nice. Someone kindly sent me a referral link, but that didn't work either.

Bad feeling it could be months before we get an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I've been on Trading212 since about June last year.

Since December they are under pressure due to the amount of users on their system. Their servers often crash at 2.30pm (US Market open) when a billion users log on to start buying stonks.

They've also shut down their CFD side, even for current users.

They're feeling the squeeze of the massive retail trader boom and need some time to figure it out and scale up I guess.

You'll find more info on their official forum. The staff are pretty responsive, although their responses don't go into huge detail. They keep mentioning "unprecedented market conditions".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Anyone know how long the waitlist is on 212 now? I think I put my email down about 3 weeks ago and I've heard nothing. Not even a confirmation email!

Advertisement