Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skincare for teenage girl?

• 21-10-2019 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi guys,

DD is 14 and is starting to have a few spots but her main concern at the moment is blackheads around her nose.

We've tried Simple but she had a reaction to it so we stopped and haven't used anything else since.

Has anyone any recommendations for a gentle scrub/cleanser and/or moisturiser?
    Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

La Roche Posay is what my dermatologist has recommended for years. They gave a wide range of products and specific products for specific reasons.
    Eg: The Toleraine range is for extremely sensitive skin. Effaclar is more general use. Rosalic (not sure how to spell that one) is for people who suffer with rosacea etc.
    Go into any pharmacy that stocks it and they will have a trained member of staff to give advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Thanks Heldel, sounds like a good place to start.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Dermalogica have a range for teen skin that I would highly recommend, it's called Clean Start and the products last. Also a facial to clear out the congested skin would be a good idea. La Roche Posay would be good also as recommended by a previous poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Yes I used Dermalogica when I was a teen with positive results. Also get a good moisturizer like the Clinique one if you have the money to splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Not too sure if opening a new thread is a good idea (based on the activity on this board).

If I were to look for healthier makeup for young teen girls, especially since this is an age where they are acne prone - any recommendations of what products to look for, or what components to avoid ?
    Also, is anyone making the effort in checking the skin deep database for this ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

mvl wrote: »
    Not too sure if opening a new thread is a good idea (based on the activity on this board).

If I were to look for healthier makeup for young teen girls, especially since this is an age where they are acne prone - any recommendations of what products to look for, or what components to avoid ?
    Also, is anyone making the effort in checking the skin deep database for this ?

Thanks.

One thing is to make sure products are non-comedogenic, this means it won't block their pores. A decent SPF is always good too. A good lesson in how to remove makeup properly is so important!

I hadn't heard of the skin deep database before but it looks really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Highly recommend contacting The Skin Nerd, they are absolutely amazing and will be able to tailor products and supplements to suit her skin. Ive had a consult with them twice and it was 100% well worth the consult fee. I suffer with my skin and what they suggested for me has worked wonders and i know a few friends who have also used them and were really happy with the results.

Advertisement