Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Principal Officer competition 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Within the three days? Perfectly allowed if there are spots remaining.

Thanks - no option on the app though.
    I’ll send a mail .

Cheers

From the test questions, my strengths would be the "scenario" questions and the maths type questions. The logic questions would be my weakness. In a real situation I'm fine, but these pure IQ type time pressure questions break me out in a rash :D

doughef wrote: »
    Thanks - no option on the app though.
    I’ll send a mail .

Cheers

I can't remember how now, but there was a facility to change dates... unless all slots are taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

Does anyone know if they use negative marking i.e. are points deducted if you choose the wrong answer?

VanHalen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they use negative marking i.e. are points deducted if you choose the wrong answer?

Nope, the instructions specifically state negative marks do not apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Where else can one do another sample test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Is there no way to assess your answers vs. the correct answers in the sample tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Witco

Has anyone completed the remotely invigilated tests yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

We just got a message re-emphasising how to submit the test and not to press the wrong button. Based on this it would seem that there may have been some issues this am

Is there no way to assess your answers vs. the correct answers in the sample tests?

Go through them again, and take pics of the suggested answers.

• Advertisement

fi314 wrote: »
    We just got a message re-emphasising how to submit the test and not to press the wrong button. Based on this it would seem that there may have been some issues this am

When I took the sample test I couldn't see the buttons at the bottom of the page and couldn't progress. The windows ribbon was in the way. I somehow managed to eventually get rid of it, but it took a couple of minutes.

If that happens Wed when I take the test for real... :eek:

Did mine this afternoon. Situational judgement not too tricky but the critical analysis (logic and maths) was very difficult. The remote invigilation process was very weird - will be giving frank feedback to PAS on that! Good luck to everyone who is sitting the tests over the next few days.

Witco wrote: »
    Did mine this afternoon. Situational judgement not too tricky but the critical analysis (logic and maths) was very difficult. The remote invigilation process was very weird - will be giving frank feedback to PAS on that! Good luck to everyone who is sitting the tests over the next few days.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Was it similar to the familiarisation test?

zapper55 wrote: »
    Was it similar to the familiarisation test?

Yes, there were no surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

did it today too.

it was intersting doing it via testreach,a bit offputting but perhaps this is the future.

i thought the second part was easier than i expected, easily completed the questions within the time. Very possible I didnt get the questions correct but they seemed the right answer at the time anyway :pac:
    the first part i put what i felt were appropriate/inappropriate, different trains of thought may not agree with them. there were a few that were quite obviously very inappropriate but most were not so obvious, well to me anyway

best of luck to everyone over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The remote invigilation process was very weird
    Care to expand?

Care to expand?

Talking to a stranger, having to show them around the room via a webcam

Talking to a stranger, having to show them around the room via a webcam

People make good money doing that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Just finished, how do you see the results?

• Advertisement

Irishder wrote: »
    Just finished, how do you see the results?

The real thing :confused:

The real thing :confused:

Yeah the real one. Found it ok but rushed the last question due to time.

First part was easier then the second part

Yeah the real one. Found it ok but rushed the last question due to time.

First part was easier then the second part

Pretty sure you'll never see the detail. You'll either be called for the next stage or get a polite PFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

Yes - weird process - showing the invigilator the room, under the desk and even your ears! There must have been some suspicion for the previous competition that people were may have been getting others to do the exam for them hence the camera and "show me the room" this time.
    the first part was too wishy washy for me whereas the second exam was grand.

Yes - weird process - showing the invigilator the room, under the desk and even your ears! There must have been some suspicion for the previous competition that people were may have been getting others to do the exam for them hence the camera and "show me the room" this time.

I had to show my drivers license. Anyone else asked that?

I had to show my drivers license. Anyone else asked that?

Yes, ID with a photo and signature, e.g. driver's licence or passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I found the opposite! The situational judgement took me much longer than usual and I found I was having to think carefully.
    The logic ones were a lot different than the previous AP and even HEO ones - and for some reason, I found them easier... which means I missed something in spectacular fashion or... I don't know. Usually I never get finished and find the maths tricky. This time neither was the case.

Hope the results come out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,362 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Who were the invigilators? Were these PAS staff or the test company staff or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Augme

Who were the invigilators? Were these PAS staff or the test company staff or what?

It's the test company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Aitor

I presume dress code doesn’t matter?

Advertisement