Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ikea queues

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 wandering monk

So I visited this morning (before reading these posts) and there were easily 100 people in the carpark queuing to get in, so I about faced and went away.

Also, since when did it become ok to have to pay a store €15 to get your online order ready, so you can collect it yourself? There are plenty of business' out there that would be only too happy to put your order together for you for free so you could come in and collect it, especially if you are paying for it upfront on line? Cuts down on customers in the store (with restrictions), payment upfront, so even if you don't turn up, too bad for you. I dunno, seems mental to me that they would charge you this price to put your order on a trolley?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ikea queue is mental today. I guess that is because today might be their last day open for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Was there at 4 yesterday. Took about 20 mins in the queue. Only went to the marketplace for a few bits and bobs. No queue at checkout, just breezed through! Very pleasantly surprised at the experience as it's usually much more chaotic!

Any experience of home delivery? I ordered an item, got a 7am-11am delivery indication notice for this morning-nothing has arrived so far and it’s now late afternoon-customer service aren’t answering- tracking number doesn’t give any indication of where the item is-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Ya it happened to us. My husband got onto them that evening/the day after and they were able to reschedule it for a few days later with express delivery we didn't have to pay anything extra for. Apparently if something is not in stock when they are picking the order they won't send the order out. It is poor that they don't notify you though. When they were re submitting our order everything was in stock so we don't know what happened. And the actual delivery was grand. Fuss free and very handy for bulky items.

• Advertisement

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ya it happened to us. My husband got onto them that evening/the day after and they were able to reschedule it for a few days later with express delivery we didn't have to pay anything extra for. Apparently if something is not in stock when they are picking the order they won't send the order out. It is poor that they don't notify you though. When they were re submitting our order everything was in stock so we don't know what happened. And the actual delivery was grand. Fuss free and very handy for bulky items.

Thanks- I paid express delivery as normal delivery times are well into December and need the item sooner- I’ll try customer care again but they weren’t answering earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thanks- I paid express delivery as normal delivery times are well into December and need the item sooner- I’ll try customer care again but they weren’t answering earlier

Definitely. I'll ask my husband when he finishes how he managed to get in contact with them. I think he tried via Twitter the day of delivery and couldn't get through but got through to CS the next day. He didn't have any issues with them from that point on.

scarepanda wrote: »
    Definitely. I'll ask my husband when he finishes how he managed to get in contact with them. I think he tried via Twitter the day of delivery and couldn't get through but got through to CS the next day. He didn't have any issues with them from that point on.

I got through eventually - 1/2 hour on hold as they tried to sort the problem- their systems aren’t great for tracking and I think this call centre is UK based so they had to contact a Dublin store- anyway got it sorted and the item is arriving this morning- I have all the tracking and text updates this time-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Sorry to dig up an old thread, just wondering if anyone who has been out to Ikea recently can comment on the wait times to get inside/volumes at particular times? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I was there around 1pm last Friday. No queues to get in, not busy in showroom and only marginally busier in the market, no queues for tills even. I've never seen it quieter.

• Advertisement

Minier81 wrote:
    I was there around 1pm last Friday. No queues to get in, not busy in showroom and only marginally busier in the market, no queues for tills even. I've never seen it quieter.

Great thanks! Sat/Sun usually busier than midweek I suppose but good to know the crazy queues aren't a constant thing

FAO anyone considering going.. Went at 4pm today (Sunday), at least 50 people in front of me! Turned back home. I expected to have to wait but didn't think it would be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Cash_Q wrote: »
    FAO anyone considering going.. Went at 4pm today (Sunday), at least 50 people in front of me! Turned back home. I expected to have to wait but didn't think it would be that bad.

In fairness, you left it until the worst possible time on the worst day.

Jim_Hodge wrote:
    In fairness, you left it until the worst possible time on the worst day.

I know that now yeah, I have a 9m old and a 2yr old and originally tried to leave at 9.30a.m. but one thing after another kept pushing it back all day; I eventually escaped at the worst time. I knew it deep down but the drive there and back was a bit of peace at least! Like everyone else there, there's not really many other times of day or other days of the week I could realistically go. Nothing in the shop could justify that queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭racersedge

Any recent experience on a weekday trip to IKEA? Have several bits that need returning from a kitchen project (don’t know what the ‘kitchen planner’ was thinking) and angling for an early morning run on it to avoid weekend crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭thebiglad

racersedge wrote: »
    Any recent experience on a weekday trip to IKEA? Have several bits that need returning from a kitchen project (don’t know what the ‘kitchen planner’ was thinking) and angling for an early morning run on it to avoid weekend crowds.

I was there on a Monday morning 2 weeks ago, no queue at around 10am. Incidentally I was also there Saturday at 5 and only 10 minute queue so, perhaps things have settled down, stock seemed ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭racersedge

thebiglad wrote: »
    I was there on a Monday morning 2 weeks ago, no queue at around 10am. Incidentally I was also there Saturday at 5 and only 10 minute queue so, perhaps things have settled down, stock seemed ok too.

Cheers for that. While I don't mind a bit of a queue, I still have memories of attempting to go there last summer and the cars queued to the gate! Been itching to get up there to do a returns on several un-warranted parts from the kitchen order so an opportunity to come out of Ikea with more money in my pocket than I usually do!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

racersedge wrote: »
    Cheers for that. While I don't mind a bit of a queue, I still have memories of attempting to go there last summer and the cars queued to the gate! Been itching to get up there to do a returns on several un-warranted parts from the kitchen order so an opportunity to come out of Ikea with more money in my pocket than I usually do!

If you are close to Carricmines, you can do returns there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Was there about 6PM last Wednesday, no queue so able to walk straight in.

Advertisement