Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to lift restrictions on maternity care

• 08-09-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

There is a petition online to allow our husbands/partners to be with us during our hospital stay.
    since I am not allowed to post any link, please copy the below and paste on your browser:

my.uplift.ie/petitions/lift-restrictions-on-maternity-care

let's sign and hope for the best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rubi Hatshepsut

Thank you Bee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I just signed it, thank you for sharing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rubi Hatshepsut

Just to make the post visible in case someone didn’t sign it yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

My partner is due in April. I hate missing out on the meetings, the ultra sounds etc.

I accept it. It sucks but that is the way it has to be for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

I didn't realise that the partner was only allowed stay 1 hour after the birth and not allowed visit the ward so cannot see mother and child until they are discharged?! Thinking about my last (first) birth this makes me so mad. Did anyone making these rules actually ever give birth to a baby? The emotions, pain, fear, vulnerability, trying to breast feed, having a poo, being left in charge of a baby for the first time without your partner - for gods sake! Signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

This makes me v sad for women.
    I understand the need to protect small babies from covid, but isn't it possible to introduce rapid testing for partners?
    I wonder if any ministers in the Dail get symptoms and/or are close contacts how swiftly they are tested with results.
    I feel like women are being failed yet again, so badly.
    Giving birth can be a very traumatic experience for a lot of women, and not only that but labouring can be so traumatic too, and take hours and hours. I was in Labour for 18 hours at home before labouring another 10 hours in the hospital on my first. And first time mothers are going in there completely blind.
    Not to mention the devastating news that women are receiving while alone, miscarrying alone. Its horrific!!
    I wonder will the incidence of PND greatly increase because of this, and PTSD.
    So very sad, I hope it changes ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maon04

Due in August myself. Signed.
    I cried when I went alone to my first visit at the hospital. Only inside there you realise that it is very real whats going on inside your body and it was a bit scary. For me having to see my baby alone without getting much info of what I was seeing on the screen it was sad and frustrating. Yep, my ultrasound was super quick and the professional who did it wasnt in a mood for talking/explaining things even tho she wasnt rude or anything the impression was more like: yeah another one, congrats, now go)
    I really hope they let my boyfriend comes for the 20w ultrasound...

Advertisement