Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dongle and virgin media query.

Options
  • 05-11-2020 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

I am moving to a shared house. I will be using virgin media internet from a person already living there. My desktop computer does not have wifi. I assume the two choices i have are getting a dongle or getting wifi installed on computer.
    Today i was going to get a dongle. I was told that i needed a virgin media sim card. That shop didn't sell them. Another shop which also didn't sell them told me that any sim card will do. So then i went to another which sold sim cards. The person i spoke didn't know whether i needed a virgin media sim or anyone would do.
    He told me virgin sim cards are only available online.
    Would appreciate if anyone, hopefully someone who uses dongle for virgin media can tell me if i need a virgin sim card or any kind.

Comments

Advertisement