Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pre-implantation genetic screening

Options
  • 04-09-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone. First time posting here... sometimes it feels like there is nobody to talk to about fertility issues so thought I would try this. My husband and I are about to go through PGS with Sims Dublin. We first went through ICSI two years ago and that produced 5 embryos which we froze and which we thought at the time was a good amount but they resulted in 3 failed transfers, one failing to thaw and one pregnancy that resulted in miscarriage at nine weeks. I am 34 and the doctor was surprised that we have been somewhat unlucky so far so has suggested PGS. It is quite expensive but we are hoping it will give us some answers and let us know whether to continue with transfers. I am in two minds about it because even if results are normal it’s the mental and emotional journey you go through with the medication, injections, waiting for results etc that I don’t know if I’m ready for but conscious that I’m not getting any younger. Has anyone had a similar experience or has tried PGS and was it worth it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Katoverseas

Hello, did you go ahead with the PGS testing? It’s something we are thinking of doing before another round of IVF. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We went through it with our 4 embryos and they were all considered not suitable for implant, was heartbreaking but also probably saved us a lot worse heartbreak further down the line, it cost around €3000 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

Hi, it depends on the reason of mcs. PGS NGS will work out for you , if genetics is the issue. In case eggs are poor quality, then IVF DE might be more effective route. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mother of god, will you stop dragging up years-old threads to post the same thing every time.

Advertisement