Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2020, 18:26   #31
Oneiric 3

If I do see snow (which will be nothing more than shcutter) from this event, it would be the first observed snow this winter for my location, which is extraordinary in itself. I was actually kinda hoping that I could get through this winter without seeing a single flake, just to see if it can be achieved, but I guess climatology will always win out in the end.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 18:32   #32
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
If I do see snow (which will be nothing more than shcutter) from this event, it would be the first observed snow this winter for my location, which is extraordinary in itself. I was actually kinda hoping that I could get through this winter without seeing a single flake, just to see if it can be achieved, but I guess climatology will always win out in the end.
not a flake fell here all last winter, at least I can't remember one! We did get some brief snowfall in March one Sunday afternoon. Not a flake this year either. I'll amazed if I see any snow from Monday/Tuesday event.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 18:46   #33
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
not a flake fell here all last winter, at least I can't remember one! We did get some brief snowfall in March one Sunday afternoon. Not a flake this year either. I'll amazed if I see any snow from Monday/Tuesday event.
Took a while to get going last year here as well, but did see some on occasion eventually. There was one morning in particular (I forget the date, early Feb i think) when there was a small but all encompassing covering coupled with an extraordinary Alpine blue sky. One of the most beautiful mornings I had seen, and have seen, in a long while.
(2) thanks from:
24-01-2020, 18:51   #34
peasant

Nothing whatsoever is going to come out of this.

Why?

Because my car is on a full set of new winter tyres, that's why
24-01-2020, 19:08   #35
Oneiric 3

'Significant weather' chart for next Monday morning from the latest output. Some snow, some rain, some hail, some sleet. A real mixed bag:

No doubt accompanied by a penetrating, miserable feeling chill that I have never experienced under a true northerly or easterly. There is something about the north Atlantic cold that is just nasty.
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 19:11   #36
Graces7

Even I have a photo from last year of the mountains covered in snow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric 3 View Post
Took a while to get going last year here as well, but did see some on occasion eventually. There was one morning in particular (I forget the date, early Feb i think) when there was a small but all encompassing covering coupled with an extraordinary Alpine blue sky. One of the most beautiful mornings I had seen, and have seen, in a long while.
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 19:20   #37
tatranska

Can we hold this off till near the end of the week so that I can get to the snow on the Reeks at the weekend?

Please
24-01-2020, 19:33   #38
pauldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatranska View Post
Can we hold this off till near the end of the week so that I can get to the snow on the Reeks at the weekend?

Please
We can hold it off till next Winter if you're not careful
24-01-2020, 21:31   #39
pauldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
We can hold it off till next Winter if you're not careful
Hail and Shleet with just snow on high ground according to RTE Weather
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 22:02   #40
JanuarySnowstor

The 18z gfs is rolling and it keeps the uppers cold enough for snow. Indeed an upgrade if anything! Lying snow more than possible by Monday night
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 22:14   #41
pauldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuarySnowstor View Post
The 18z gfs is rolling and it keeps the uppers cold enough for snow. Indeed an upgrade if anything! Lying snow more than possible by Monday night
But that's the pub run

In the morning it will be as of RTE
24-01-2020, 22:18   #42
sideswipe

Paaahhhh westerly Maritime muck.......sure the only good thing to come out of the whest is the road to Dublin
Thanks from:
24-01-2020, 22:33   #43
squarecircles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
Paaahhhh westerly Maritime muck.......sure the only good thing to come out of the whest is the road to Dublin Airport

fixed that.
24-01-2020, 22:48   #44
JanuarySnowstor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldry View Post
But that's the pub run

In the morning it will be as of RTE
Not sure what you mean. The 18z is as reliable as any other run particularly in the shorter timeframes.
Anyways tomorrow will tell us more
24-01-2020, 23:00   #45
AllForIt

RTE news weather talking about 'snow on higher ground' so I'll just pretend I didn't see this thread to avoid disappointment.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion