Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Ospreys, Sun 19 Jan 1pm, BT Sport

• 17-01-2020 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Calvin Nash, 10. JJ Hanrahan, 9. Conor Murray,
    1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. Stephen Archer, 4. Fineen Wycherley, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Jack O'Donoghue, 8. CJ Stander.

Replacements:
    16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. Jeremy Loughman, 18. John Ryan, 19. Arno Botha, 20. Jack O'Sullivan, 21. Craig Casey, 22. Ben Healy, 23. Dan Goggin,

Ospreys:
    15. Dan Evans, 14. Hanno Dirksen, 13. George North, 12. Scott Williams, 11. Luke Morgan, 10. Luke Price, 9. Shaun Venter,
    1. Nicky Smith, 2. Scott Otten, 3. Ma'afu Fia , 4. Bradley Davies, 5. Alun Wyn Jones, 6. Dan Lydiate, 7. Justin Tipuric (c), 8. Dan Baker.

Replacements:
    16. Sam Parry, 17. Darryl Marfo, 18. Gheorghe Gajion, 19. Lloyd Ashley, 20. Olly Cracknell, 21. Sam Cross, 22. Reuben Morgan-Williams, 23. Cai Evans,

Munster host Ospreys in the final pool game of Pool 4. The Welsh visitors have endured a disasterous season, with coaching changes, a slew of injuries and international absentees contributing to a dismal few months. Munster are mathematically still in contention but will need other results to go their way.

Calvin Nash starts, replacing Keith Earls. Wycherley starts with Beirne and Kleyn out injured. Otherwise there's not a lot of experimentation which is disappointing. Saracens have gone full strength at home to Racing so this is a likely dead rubber. We'll hopefully see JOS, Casey and Healy get 20-25 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Bit late with the team new,

Hopefully not injury related

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nash ahead of Earls and Daly? :confused:

Daly is apparently injured. No idea on Earls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Nash ahead of Earls and Daly? :confused:

Not sure about Daly, but I heard yesterday that Earls picked up an injury in training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Shame about Daly being injured. He's gotten some minutes in so far this season and looked handy. If not injury related, Nash is not the experimentation I expected! Was hoping Casey might be a surprise inclusion as starter, but I suppose this is Murray's last chance to stake his claim for 9 jersey for Ireland. Will be interesting to see how Scannell responds to losing out on the squad too.

Hopefully we'll get to see a good deal of O'Sullivan, Casey, and Healy.

🤪

You'd like to think that Ospreys lineup will be reasonably competitive, but we've been here before. The backrow in particular looks good on paper.

Arno Botha's appearance on the bench is bizarre to me. Nothing against him but this would have been an opportunity for someone like Coombes. Botha is gone in the summer, there's little to be gained from using him in a match like this.

I would have picked Ryan over Archer, Feel he offers more with ball in hand and I'm assuming we will see Munster with more possession this weekend

2nd week in a row with no 2nd row coverage on the bench, must be a right kick in the teeth for Darren O'Shea

They didn't say but I guess they are not risking Kleyn after going for a scan on his neck

I guess we need to go as strong as possible in the unlikely event that other results go our way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

yerrahbah wrote: »
    I would have picked Ryan over Archer, Feel he offers more with ball in hand and I'm assuming we will see Munster with more possession this weekend

2nd week in a row with no 2nd row coverage on the bench, must be a right kick in the teeth for Darren O'Shea

They didn't say but I guess they are not risking Kleyn after going for a scan on his neck

I guess we need to go as strong as possible in the unlikely event that other results go our way

Darren O'Shea isn't good enough and will more than likely be released in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Is Calvin Nash a country and western singer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

durkadurka wrote: »
    Is Calvin Nash a country and western singer?

No, that's Jean Kleyn's brother Calvin Kleyn you're thinking of. He does a great rendition of Johnny B Goode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Squarewave wrote: »
    No, that's Jean Kleyn's brother Calvin Kleyn you're thinking of. He does a great rendition of Johnny B Goode.

Makes great jocks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

On paper that Ospreys team should at least be able to catch and pass to each other.

Darren O'Shea isn't good enough and will more than likely be released in the summer.

I agree, but what happens if Billy Holland pulls up injured 5 mins before the game?

Munster A vs Connacht A:
    Alex Wootton; Jonathan Wren, Seán French, Alex McHenry, Liam Coombes; Alan Tynan, Nick McCarthy;
    Liam O’Connor, Diarmuid Barron (C), Keynan Knox; Thomas Ahern, Paddy Kelly; Seán O’Connor, Jack Daly, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Eoghan Clarke, Josh Wycherley, James French, Cian Hurley*, Rory Suttor*, John Hodnett, Jack Stafford, Jack Delaney*.

*club players

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Officially miracle do Munster need to happen to progress??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Officially miracle do Munster need to happen to progress??
    Saracens to get no more than 1 point at home and Glasgow and Gloucester to lose away. Not impossible but just improbable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Munster by 35

But Sarries to win as well as Northampton and Glasgow I think

Glasgow are one try away from making this game a dead rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Glasgow are one try away from making this game a dead rubber.

Not anymore
    game over
    Sale aren't putting up any kind of a fight at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Events in Allianz Park tomorrow, is the only show in town come 1 o'clock folks. If I had a ticket to tomorrow's game v Ospreys, I wouldn't go, as I would be looking in at events at the disgraced English club, with great interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Events in Allianz Park tomorrow, is the only show in town come 1 o'clock folks. If I had a ticket to tomorrow's game v Ospreys, I wouldn't go, as I would be looking in at events at the disgraced English club, with great interest.

I can't imagine any scenario where IF I had a ticket to a Connacht game that I wouldn't go, other than for personal reasons.

Chris Farrell is out apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Chris Farrell is out apparently.

After last weeks performance if they don’t replace him, it wouldn’t make much difference. Especially in defence.

Confirmed: Arnold in for Farrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

This sort of comment boils my blood. You support through thick and thin. Standing in thomond right now surrounded by fans on a glorious day for rugby where else would you want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster flinging the ball around like the game is on the line. You've 70 minutes left lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Two back to back silly penalties for Wycherley.

Rucks are a mess already, Davies has 3 goes at Holland way past the ruck, not even subtle. 3 players pointed it out, AR not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Ffs Murray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Incredibly poor tackle from JOD on Baker, he even look half hearted going into it.

Completely abject from Munster so far, they look rudderless.

Advertisement