Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-01-2020, 09:22   #16
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Yeah but its still not there, I know theres always something better just around the corner but it really feels like one more gen and it will be proper VR this time. I might just buy a Go to tide me over for another year or two.
but then you'll be waiting forever as the next gen will be supersceded by something better ad infinitum. Just enjoy each generation as it evolves
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2020, 10:54   #17
vidapura

I got a Go secondhand for €100 and have had lots of fun with the free content available for it.. but haven't yet paid for any games.
Can you recommend any particular one?

Also would I be able to run Half Life on it or would I need a Quest?
If it can run on the Go would you mind sharing how you go about doing that?

Can I ask more about the the Virtual Boy games too ?? What are they? 3D?
Do you install an emulator or something?

Thanks in advance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
Sounds like the current Quest is what you're looking for?

Can be played standalone or plugged into a gaming rig, and also can be switched to 3DoF for watching videos in bed.

Hackable too.

I have Half Life on mine and when I started walking around in the half life world I literally shat myself.

Tip: buy extra underwear.
21-01-2020, 11:23   #18
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidapura View Post
I got a Go secondhand for €100 and have had lots of fun with the free content available for it.. but haven't yet paid for any games.
Can you recommend any particular one?

Also would I be able to run Half Life on it or would I need a Quest?
If it can run on the Go would you mind sharing how you go about doing that?

Can I ask more about the the Virtual Boy games too ?? What are they? 3D?
Do you install an emulator or something?

Thanks in advance...
Check out YouTube for tutorials on how to setup Virtual Boy on the Go... some even link to the actual roms.

I have Quake on mine, but for Half Life you would need a Quest. Again YouTube will instruct you on how to setup Quake.

For games, I personally love Daedalus / Dreadhalls / Racket Fury and Real VR Fishing (amazing visuals... just like being there)

Virtual Desktop is also fantastic as you can play all your Steam games on your PC on a huge IMAX screen while sitting on the Moon
Thanks from:
21-01-2020, 12:16   #19
lowelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingCrows View Post
I'd say 10 minutes should be enough to get the job done
We all like a happy ending
21-01-2020, 13:28   #20
deisedevil

I got an Oculus Go for Christmas and am having nothing but problems with it. Freezing and rebooting regularly. Screen goes black and sound continues. If I plug it in while using, even though it says it's charging the battery eventually goes down and it powers off. I've just opened a ticket with them but wondering if anyone else having similar issues? I thought it would at least continue to work while plugged in.
Advertisement
21-01-2020, 13:50   #21
mrcheez

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisedevil View Post
I got an Oculus Go for Christmas and am having nothing but problems with it. Freezing and rebooting regularly. Screen goes black and sound continues. If I plug it in while using, even though it says it's charging the battery eventually goes down and it powers off. I've just opened a ticket with them but wondering if anyone else having similar issues? I thought it would at least continue to work while plugged in.
Definitely sounds suspect.

Oculus Support are very good though and you'll get a new replacement no probs.

They replaced mine when I took it outside and it got hit by sunrays (my own fault).
21-01-2020, 21:00   #22
vidapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisedevil View Post
I've been lucky so far it seems.
Even with it being secondhand I haven't experienced anything wrong really.
The hand pointer thing refused to connect a coupla times but I just reset the headset and replaced the AA battery and it hasn't happened since.
The wifi signal reception isn't great I find...

The battery life isn't enough to watch a full film (using skybox) but I think thats par for the course.
I have used a long USB cable to watch a movie but just found the weight of the headset to make it uncomfortable after an hour anyway..
(and I read somewhere its a risky idea to have it on your face while charging.. probably a bit paranoid tho..)

So, yeah, get onto support, sounds like you've a dodgy one...
22-01-2020, 10:51   #23
vidapura

Uh ohh....

"Oculus is dropping the Oculus Go from its business platform."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/21/2...-support-quest

They are probably phasing it out entirely ... sigh...
22-01-2020, 11:06   #24
mrcheez

Quote:
Uh ohh....

"Oculus is dropping the Oculus Go from its business platform."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/21/2...-support-quest

They are probably phasing it out entirely ... sigh...
damn... keep them in good condition and keep the box so. Will be worth a fortune in coming years.

I have 2 iPod Classics still boxed and in wrapping and they're both worth around triple the price I paid for them... and rising.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 12:09   #25
Thargor

Damn, glad I waited now, cant shake the urge to buy a Quest though.
22-01-2020, 14:25   #26
Lord Spence

Quest is so so good
23-01-2020, 11:08   #27
vidapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheez View Post
damn... keep them in good condition and keep the box so. Will be worth a fortune in coming years.

I have 2 iPod Classics still boxed and in wrapping and they're both worth around triple the price I paid for them... and rising.
Thats interesting I have a Creative Zen Vision M with its docking boombox, complete with original box etc.

Wonder how much its worth, they were fetching nice money on ebay at one stage.

Hey, what controller do you use with the Go when you play games? I read that the XBox bluetooth controller was a good one.. but they are pricey...
23-01-2020, 11:47   #28
mrcheez

Quote:
Thats interesting I have a Creative Zen Vision M with its docking boombox, complete with original box etc.

Wonder how much its worth, they were fetching nice money on ebay at one stage.

Hey, what controller do you use with the Go when you play games? I read that the XBox bluetooth controller was a good one.. but they are pricey...
Xbox One S controller really is the best... but there are several cheaper ones people recommend.

Some suggestions here

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/co...llers_for_the/
23-01-2020, 13:31   #29
gmisk

Random question...can I wear my glasses with this..and what is it like for watching Netflix? Thanks
23-01-2020, 13:48   #30
eguiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmisk View Post
Random question...can I wear my glasses with this..and what is it like for watching Netflix? Thanks
It can be adjusted for glasses (there is a spacer to move the lens further out), but I didn't try it out as I was setting it up for someone else.

The Netflix app had you seated in a cinema with a screen in front showing the programme, but it might have changed since.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion