Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2020, 14:41   #1
onway

Buying from Chicwish

Has anyone bought from the website Chicwish?
They seem to have some lovely stuff but I think it's shipped from U.S so I'm afraid of customs charges.
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 13:33   #2
Mackleton

Never bought from them myself, but everything ships from China, hence the low price points.

If you look at TrustPilot, the real reviews there are fairly dire.
These big Chinese sites often employ people to leave fake positive reviews online, so they are not really trustworthy imo. Take note of the negative ones, which seem to be the most legitimate: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chicwish.com

Deliveries take weeks/months to arrive (if they arrive at all) and there is no customer service to speak of, if something goes wrong, so the likelihood of getting a refund is very low.

I'm sure somebody out there has had a good experience, but the sort of feedback you see online is very negative generally, always put me off.

Generally speaking if prices online seem too good to be true, they generally are...
23-01-2020, 22:39   #3
Faith
Mary Berry is my idol
I’d ordinarily rule out Chinese websites immediately but I’m still on the fence about chicwish. The price point is not particularly low - certainly compared to many of the Chinese Knock-out-off sites - and a lot of the clothes look really nice. I like how they style them in the ads so you can buy the whole look.

But I’m still deeply suspicious, so haven’t actually taken the plunge yet. I posted here a while back on the same subject but got no replies. I’d love to know from people I could verify to some degree what their experience was!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion