Originally Posted by corkie
For actual official Apple Airpods someone mentioned an app that make them work on android!
If i can find the post/app, i will link it.
Found it: - Headset Button ControllerTrial
, thanks to this post
Wow thanks for the link. But it doesn't work for me (Airpods + Samsung Galaxy S7).
The Airpods do work with Android as in:
- Simple enough pairing (open case, press button, scan, there you go)
- Double Tap to pause/unpause
- Battery levels of both pods and case visible through extra app (AirBattery, free, with ads, works flawlessly)
- Removing the airpods from the case connects them to the phone (if bluetooth is on, obviously)
- Returning them to the case disconnects them from the phone
The reason I got AirPods is because they're the only truly wireless earpods on the market (there are in ear ones, but in ears make me feel really weird). And I knew they'd fit me perfectly because I used the wired ones before (I had iphones until a few years ago). They fit me perfectly and the airpods are so light you forget they're there.
It's the opposite of a bargain though :-/