Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Spocker wrote: »
    Got an email this morning to confirm my €10 cashback is on the way from a €36 spend in Lidl on the 4th.

@TheDriver I have a second card on my account, and spent another €36 in Lidl yesterday using that one, I'll let you know if I get the second cashback, but I doubt it

/edit/ Just noticed that some of the offers listed today have specific card numbers against them, my debit card, so it would seem you can only use that type of card for the offer - the Boots €5 back on a €30 spend for example
    When you log into your account does the lidl offer still appear? Or does it show as redeemed. Wondering if you can use it more than once

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

When you log into your account does the lidl offer still appear? Or does it show as redeemed. Wondering if you can use it more than once

Gone from my List, and yesterday was the last day IIRC. The did say "one purchase only", but I tried twice, with two different cards, on the one account. Once redemption of €10 is on the way, I'll post of i get the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Gone from my List, and yesterday was the last day IIRC. The did say "one purchase only", but I tried twice, with two different cards, on the one account. Once redemption of €10 is on the way, I'll post of i get the second one

Thanks for the reply. Mine is valid until the 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Not following, is it one off, or limit one per day/week/month?

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

That's all it said "valid for one purchase only", no more detail than that - if someone else still can see a valid LIDL offer they might post the detailed T&C's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Used my credit card to purchase 50 euro diesel in topaz on Thursday evening, got my email this morning to say my 5 euro refund is on its way. Happy days.

Same topaz offer is running on permanent tsb rewards so I shall be using my tsb debit card in topaz during the week to get another 5 euro back.

10 euro saved on my fuel bill hassle free, can't complain .
    Might invest my savings in booze or a lotto ticket later 🀣

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

byte wrote: »
    Tried in Firefox and Opera too, to no avail.

Activation code is live for 24 hours, so will try again tomorrow. I'm assuming it's a problem at server end.
    Tried today, worked first time. Better head to Lidl soon :)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Worked fine for me, best offers Lidl & Topaz so far.
    All family members have an AIB card so looking forward to a nice payout as use both outlets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Boots aren't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi can anyone tell me once you sign up for rewards does it automatically work , I bought something from JD sports using my card and have not received any email thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me once you sign up for rewards does it automatically work , I bought something from JD sports using my card and have not received any email thanks

you have to wait for the transaction to go through, and its probably still pending because of the weekend. once it posts to your account youll probably get the email, provided you met the conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Your prob right hopefully it will go through during the week thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    Your prob right hopefully it will go through during the week thanks

youll probably get the email tuesday when the transaction posts monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does a visa debit card work or just a visa card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Does a visa debit card work or just a visa card?

Both debit and credit work

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Both debit and credit work

provided that they are issued by VISA.

This is a Visa program in partnership with AIB :) Its great that we are finally seeing some basic rewards programs in Ireland... in the UK and definitely in the US there are some great reward programs for spending on the card, such as 2% cash back with up to 5% in certain places, and airline miles etc. I would have no problem putting all my spend through one card if it meant i got a percentage back!

Any find out if this is per card or one per customer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't have any sort of notification or anything that I am getting my topaz cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

Any find out if this is per card or one per customer ?

Just found this in the FAQ:

Q: How many times can I redeem an offer?
    A: Typically the offers can only be redeemed once. Please check the terms of each offer to find out how many times it can be redeemed.

I presume the majority of offers will only be redeemable once.
    Here's the fine print on one of the Lidl offers:

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €35 at Lidl. Offer valid in-store for one purchase.

Otherwise, you could split €70 shopping in Lidl into two transactions of €35 and redeem 2 X €10 cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

But if you split the shopping into 2 lots of E35.00 you will only get 1 x E10 back unless you are using 2 seperate Visa Debit cards that are both registered for the scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

sooty1 wrote: »
    But if you split the shopping into 2 lots of E35.00 you will only get 1 x E10 back unless you are using 2 seperate Visa Debit cards that are both registered for the scheme.

Even then I have a feeling that once you have used the offer with one card it will disappear for the other (if you have two AIB cards I mean).

I've just used the Lidl offer with my CC so will see if it is still available on the DC when it goes through now.

I imagine you would be ok if you have a PTSB card and an AIB card to use say the Topaz offer twice (same offer exists on both systems). It's possible that Visa will be tracking the cards by person across banks but I doubt it. I'll check that out in the next few days and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have my 2 cards registered under separate email addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

For those people getting the "Please enter a valid AIB Visa Card" response when trying to register, try changing the password you are trying to create. I initially tried with a password that had letters, numbers, and other characters/symbols in it. It failed each time across two different browsers.

I removed the characters/symbols, to use just letters and numbers, and it finally worked. Stupid of them to seemingly disallow a commonly used password format but I'm sure they "take your security very seriously" ...or similarly meaningless words to that effect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

doozerie wrote: »
    For those people getting the "Please enter a valid AIB Visa Card" response when trying to register, try changing the password you are trying to create. I initially tried with a password that had letters, numbers, and other characters/symbols in it. It failed each time across two different browsers.

I removed the characters/symbols, to use just letters and numbers, and it finally worked. Stupid of them to seemingly disallow a commonly used password format but I'm sure they "take your security very seriously" ...or similarly meaningless words to that effect :)

You sure, I thought they specifically mentioned that PW should have Letters/Numbers and characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Being such a loyal BOI customer I'm starting to think of switching:
    - no reward cards
    - no Apple Pay
    - no mobile app with charge notification (3-4 days lag before it appears online)
    - no security tokens
    - etc....

OMG, when will they upgrade?

Sorry of off topic, just can't stand it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

I registered my AIB debit with no issue&have already redemmed Lidl offer so so far so good there but with my credit[visa platinum]it wont accept the number.Keeps saying that it invalid.But i suppose not matter so much once there is at least one working card there for offers :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Anyone having an issue registering a visa debit card? It would only accept my credit card number.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue registering a visa debit card? It would only accept my credit card number.
    Try again tomorrow. That's what I did, and it worked the second day, using same password etc. The activation code is live for 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

You sure, I thought they specifically mentioned that PW should have Letters/Numbers and characters.

From what I recall it mentions letters and numbers only. It certainly let me create a password with just those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Still haven't gotten an email saying im my €10 is on its way (spend over 100 quid in H&M on Sunday) Does it take longer for Credit Cards to apply the promotion. Or do i actually have to pay it off for it to apply ?

Advertisement