Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eats while serving food

• 23-01-2020 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I know someone who eats while serving on a food counter in a supermarket. I am just curious as to the legal position. I would not complain her but would not buy food from her either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Most people would have the savvy not to do this and would be embarrassed to engage in such an unprofessional practice. The person in charge of that workplace should mention it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wouldn't be great but then does it keep her mouth shut?

As in talking, saliva jumps out all the time.

That's the type of behaviour that simply looks inappropriate. It shouldn't be up to a customer to say it. The boss or a co-worker should speak to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You should ask her to feed you like a momma bird.

(stupid questions deserve stupid answers)

Some people are just gluttons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

antix80 wrote: »
    You should ask her to feed you like a momma bird.

(stupid questions deserve stupid answers)
    The fence around the house is only five feet tall

I think it is really unprofessional and it is a big supermarket too. She has stomach problems maybe she is chewing antacid. I would say it is in breach of Health and Safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think it is really unprofessional and it is a big supermarket too. She has stomach problems maybe she is chewing antacid. I would say it is in breach of Health and Safety

So, by eating you mean chewing some unknown substance. Could just be gum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How do you know she has stomach problems? :confused:

So, by eating you mean chewing some unknown substance. Could just be gum.
    could be gum but even that is unprofessional

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How do you know she has stomach problems? :confused:
    i overheard ther telling someone when she was on a different chekout. She said it right beside me so in case you think i was listening i was..joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

could be gum but even that is unprofessional

:D I'm trying to find the correct legal phrase, as you asked for the legal position for may be somebody chewing gum at a food counter in a supermarket...….

Yes....Get over yourself. Speak to a manager if you wish but it's extremely petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

So she's chewing gum or sucking on a suckee sweet?

I assumed you were on about a breakfast roll or some other whopper of a yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Yes....Get over yourself. Speak to a manager if you wish but it's extremely petty.

I'm assuming the OP is winding us up nobody could be that petty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

:D I'm trying to find the correct legal phrase, as you asked for the legal position for may be somebody chewing gum at a food counter in a supermarket...….

I disagree. I've seen that myself and spoke to the supervisor on duty. Not only is it extremely unprofessional, but also unhygienic. I've never bought uncovered food in that store since!

I disagree. I've seen that myself and spoke to the supervisor on duty. Not only is it extremely unprofessional, but also unhygienic. I've never bought uncovered food in that store since!
    extremely unprofessional it sure is. I wouldn't bother reporting her the manager should see it. I would not buy food there eithere

what did the supervisor on duty say?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What exactly is unhygienic?
    You buy food from a deli, are you unhygienic eating that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

What exactly is unhygienic?
    You buy food from a deli, are you unhygienic eating that?

Read my post again. If you would like me to clarify it, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This would be a company policy thing rather than a legal thing.

biko wrote: »
    This would be a company policy thing rather than a legal thing.
    i think it comes under Health and Safety

• Advertisement

Can’t see the issue really. Jesus we’ve gone very soft.

Advertisement