Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is only 1 carnation of a wrestler allowed ???

Moxley is Dean Ambrose too etc

You can book them whatever way you want but they are still just one person. Using the moxely example as he has been picked already, if Nitro wants he could have him doing double duty under both his personas on his card but they aren't different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Querying a pick with Necro so won't be able to post til he's back

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Answered :)

Pick made, pm sent, looking forward to booking a fed with Vince in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Macho Man was my third choice this round, couldn’t believe when I found that photo of him either! Of all the crimes 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Macho Man was my third choice this round, couldn’t believe when I found that photo of him either! Of all the crimes 😂

It's mental. I had seen the photo but wanted to check the validity of it since his kayfabe name is listed on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I'm almost happy that I'm going last this round as I have about 5/6 wrestlers I couldn't/can't choose between.

I had one standout but will have to wait for the different stipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made, pm sent. Got who I wanted so I'm delighted so far

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It's mental. I had seen the photo but wanted to check the validity of it since his kayfabe name is listed on it

Triple H Savage feud is money considering the rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think we may have had Savage/Trips before. Triple H has so many dimensions. The possibilities in how to book him are endless.

So happy to see Vince go early. I’ve had him twice and in any draft he has never been less than gold. Easily argued that he is pro wrestling’s biggest character.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think we may have had Savage/Trips before. Triple H has so many dimensions. The possibilities in how to book him are endless.

So happy to see Vince go early. I’ve had him twice and in any draft he has never been less than gold. Easily argued that he is pro wrestling’s biggest character.

Yeah could have easily tried for someone to match up with Cena but (even though there will not be as much) writing should be so much more appealing with a character like Vince to write for. Much easier to thread a storyline throughout a card too.

That's the thing about the draft, we have had so many different promotions down through the years that most mega feuds from the past that never happened have happened but sure still go ahead and book the likes of Hunter/Macho Man as I for one will not be comparing it to a former draftees storyline. Vader vs Moxley could be a war, Brock/Hardy would be great to watch as well and Flair/Adam Cole could be really interesting especially if say they had groups with them. Battle of the spears with Edge & Goldberg is possible too, will also be interesting to see what TBC does with characters like Angle & Jericho even if they have had many matches in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Plus with the way the rules have changed over the years, and folks have become more familiar with more non WWE talent, your 1 and 2 picks aren’t necessarily to main event or big feud.

To be honest, I don’t intend on putting Jericho or Angle against each other! I have a list of dream match ups I’d love to see for either man that I hope to pull off

Plus with the way the rules have changed over the years, and folks have become more familiar with more non WWE talent, your 1 and 2 picks aren’t necessarily to main event or big feud.

To be honest, I don’t intend on putting Jericho or Angle against each other! I have a list of dream match ups I’d love to see for either man that I hope to pull off

Had a feeling you might go a different way then putting them together, that said I do like the look of some potential match ups already. Bryan V Bret now stands out too.

Do Hall and Mr. Perfect have to be used as a tag-team, or can they be singles too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Do Hall and Mr. Perfect have to be used as a tag-team, or can they be singles too?

Once tag teams are drafted they can be used however you like.

I have PMed Liz as I can't find any indication Owen Hart had trouble with the law on or off screen.

Davey Boy is grand though

Ah grand.

I couldn't find anything for Owen Hart, and I did a fair bit of looking. Fair play to Liz if they had something, good pick.

Round 3 order up given there are only 5 left to pick in this round - the Rumble Order round has been deferred to Round 4.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick Made and PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,945 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My apologies I didn't read the stip for round 2 :o so I'll change when I can do some research, I don't want to cause a delay so work away on picks, I'll go last if need be

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My apologies I didn't read the stip for round 2 :o so I'll change when I can do some research, I don't want to cause a delay so work away on picks, I'll go last if need be

Bulldog is a valid pick its Owen Hart I can't find anything for :)

• Advertisement

tumblr_m711gnUB6b1qz5o0m.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 84,945 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've changed now to Becky

I might get that team next round if still available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick made and pm sent was gutted to miss out on Reigns but very happy to get my 2nd pick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am in now and going to work on my pick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry lads.. Didnt realise Becky had been picked. Cant remember the rest of my list, so it’ll be much much later tonight before I can post.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sorry lads.. Didnt realise Becky had been picked. Cant remember the rest of my list, so it’ll be much much later tonight before I can post.

tenor.gif?itemid=5178946

No panic daithi!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Pick up. Thought of someone on the move.

Had my 3 picks taken in Reigns, Becky and Eddie before me! Sorry for the minor delay!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh, thank you. I had been tempted to go with Benoit eventually but am slightly relieved he's off the table now :P

• Advertisement

Picked an PMd Maddox

Advertisement