Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The perfect sandwich

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

ThePott wrote: »
    Anyone ever put mango chutney in a sandwich?
    It's killer when you pair it with cheese. This might just be a thing in my house.

Love it on a cheese sandwich, toasted or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Seamai wrote: »
    Love it on a cheese sandwich, toasted or not.

Also top notch on a cheese burger. Way underrated. Unreal on a toastie for sure.

I like a bit of sweet with cheese so I’ll definitely be trying that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Fried egg sandwich ,on buttered white bread, with the chilli sauce of your choice ( can't do very hot )
    My brothers favourite would be toasted turkey and blue cheese ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

branie2 wrote: »
    plain cheese

Is that you Dave you sociopath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Superquinn saussages done in the pan & taken out piping hot and wrapped into tight saussage rolls in brown wholemeal bread (crusts optional). mmmm. great in a cold day running out for the bus on in your pocket on your way into work. mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

There used to be a sandwich shop between mount street and grand canal street called ocb’s. I used to go there in the late 90s, early 00s. Not sure if it’s still there. But it’s club sandwich was the best sandwich I ever had. Tho it was very pricey, was about €6 even back then. Toasted white or brown bread with slice in middle, butter, mayo, turkey both wire and brown, stuffing, ham, cranberry sauce. It was so yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Simple, but another of my all time favourites, is

Wholemeal bread, no butter, a light skim of mayonnaise, iceberg lettuce, tomato, onion, good quality ham (be generous) and a sliced hard boiled egg.

Very nice, not too heavy, and also good with chicken or turkey instead of ham.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lots of love for the sliced bread here, but I prefer pita or flatbreads.

Toasted rye is also good for an open sandwich with fish pate and pickled cucumbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Lightly toasted batch bread.
    Leftover garlicky roast chicken
    Grilled/fried halloumi cheese
    Mayo
    Lettuce
    Pepper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I had smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber on a toasted bagel earlier and I must say it was fūcking delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

White cobb, hollow it out, fill with taytos, top with yr sauce. Job done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Flaccus wrote: »
    White cobb, hollow it out, fill with taytos, top with yr sauce. Job done.

You utter heathen.

It has to be Ballymaloe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Serious notions around here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nostalgia sandwich just like when you were six.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

White bread, butter, emmental cheese, Blacky ham and either Ploughman's or Branston pickle spread or French toast with emmental cheese and marmite. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

White bread, butter, emmental cheese, Blacky ham and either Ploughman's or Branston pickle spread or French toast with emmental cheese and marmite. :)

ooo - filthy - marmite 🀮

thou what is lovely imo is toasted bread til its properly brown, spread some hommus on it and the emmental cheese - put on top of the hot toaster to heat it up and melt the emmental a bit - great eaten off the dashboard on the way into work

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Who puts lettuce on a sandwich? A tasteless, no calorie providing, worthless filling.

Me in the middle of Kelly Brook and Kate Upton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

mfceiling wrote: »
    Who puts lettuce on a sandwich? A tasteless, no calorie providing, worthless filling.

I used to believe this until recently but it is way under rated imo. It provides a valuable crunch that nothing else will. A good handful of crunchy iceberg lettuce can do wonders with a bit of Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

mfceiling wrote: »

Not at all useless or worthless.

If the sandwich is assembled correctly (lettuce first) it stops the tomato or any other wetter filling from soaking into the bread and turning it into mush. If its iceberg lettuce, it adds a lttle bit of crunch.

:D

AulWan wrote: »
    Not at all useless or worthless.

If the sandwich is assembled correctly (lettuce first) it stops the tomato or any other wetter filling from soaking into the bread and turning it into mush. If its iceberg lettuce, it adds a lttle bit of crunch.

:D

In China you can have a scorpion sandwich and it is also very crunchy. Although the bread is a bit more like a bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You haven't lived until you have had

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

A fish finger sandwich.

with toasted sourdough bread

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Ralphyroo

Also top notch on a cheese burger. Way underrated. Unreal on a toastie for sure.

If you're making home made burgers a bit of mango chutney in the mix makes them amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

In my younger days my post drinking, pre bed go to sandwich was pickled beetroot, easy singles cheese and white sliced pan. Sober I wouldn't touch any of the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

One I don't have to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Toasted rueben on sourdough. ...or a hot ham and cheese in a soft bun.

hungry now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Advertisement

Me in the middle of Kelly Brook and Kate Upton.

Would like to see Gigi Hadid eat this sandwich.

Advertisement