Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-01-2020, 13:38   #166
Creamy Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroman01 View Post
Was on the Sky chat, asking them if they could match NOWTVs offer of Sports+Extra for €30 a month, but they wouldn't budge from 35pm. Has anyone had any joy in getting them to match this price?
They won't, they know people pay a premium to have this on their Sky box e.g 4k/UHD, recording etc. The reason this offer exists is that it's a slightly worse product but without the monthly commitment.

They win no matter which way you choose to consume

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 23-01-2020 at 13:49.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 14:57   #167
steve_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie91 View Post
I might do the same so.. mine expires Feb 10. I didn't want to cancel in case applying the voucher meant the 6 mths deal would start Jan 21 instead of Feb 11. Seems there is no way to contact Now TV right?, the chat does not work and there is no contact form or email address, customer service my arse.
I cancelled my pass which was due to expire on 22nd Jan. It was only today I could activate the voucher
23-01-2020, 16:34   #168
Leslie91

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I cancelled my pass which was due to expire on 22nd Jan. It was only today I could activate the voucher
Tx that means I do need to wait until Feb 11... I've cancelled the existing passes so they won't auto renew.
23-01-2020, 16:46   #169
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaparte2 View Post
ya, the delay is comical . Its like watching highlights , people have the goal analyzed to death on twitter and its still not in the net on so called live sky
So what? I watch all matches on IPTV, I know there is a delay of up to 2 or 3 mins at times so my phone goes into do not disturb while watching, easy and the delay makes no difference.
Thanks from:
23-01-2020, 20:59   #170
donnyvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
So what? I watch all matches on IPTV, I know there is a delay of up to 2 or 3 mins at times so my phone goes into do not disturb while watching, easy and the delay makes no difference.
Exactly. If you're watching what is said on Twitter then you are not watching the match. I'm happy that NOWTV works really well and I don't have to close a million ads. That is worth the minute delay. Nice to switch off every now and then.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 21:02   #171
Doodah7

It’s only the losers worried about cashing out their bets that have a concern over the time delay. For everyone else, if you put the phone away, it is irrelevant...
24-01-2020, 00:11   #172
thenightman

Delighted with Now TV. I've never paid full price for the sports packs, I never have any problems with picture quality cos I've good broadband and have a wired connection to the now tv box. Plus the bonus of no contract or the hassle of streams dying or lagging at the most inopportune moments, like the dodgy IPTV services I've tried in the past.
(2) thanks from:
24-01-2020, 08:25   #173
steve_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightman View Post
Delighted with Now TV. I've never paid full price for the sports packs, I never have any problems with picture quality cos I've good broadband and have a wired connection to the now tv box. Plus the bonus of no contract or the hassle of streams dying or lagging at the most inopportune moments, like the dodgy IPTV services I've tried in the past.
Agreed. I've a chromecast and it works perfectly. As soon as I had created my initial account I was streaming straight away.
24-01-2020, 09:40   #174
Jofspring

I've got less than 3mb speed broadband. IPTV doesn't work for me. Now TV works brilliantly. It may dip in quality for a few seconds during a match but that's about it.
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 10:12   #175
mbradso2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyvegas View Post
if you go incognito and sign up - you'll get 10% discount to your email address. Takes it down to €161.99.
Buying this for my da, set up new pigsback account and didnt get 10% code.

Any ideas?
24-01-2020, 10:40   #176
Niska

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-army View Post
Anyone know of any discounts for the Now TV Entertainment package?
On the NOW TV site:

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-tv-sh...tion-section-4

Quote:
Save 40% on 3 months of Entertainment Just €27 (worth €45)

(There' also a Ent + Cinema deal: 3 Months of both for €54 (worth €90)
Both - Auto-renews to €15 per month, unless cancelled
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 08:45   #177
donnyvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradso2003 View Post
Buying this for my da, set up new pigsback account and didnt get 10% code.

Any ideas?
Did you check your spam folder?
Thanks from:
25-01-2020, 16:04   #178
byte

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte View Post
Just tried mine there and the problem is the same. I've my Sports sub cancelled from renewing and there's only a couple of days left, but I still got an error:
It looks like you’re already on an offer for the same Pass as the one that voucher’s for. Come back in the last 30 days of your offer to use this voucher.

Not quite the same pass either, as I've never had Extra (but it was a Pigsback offer on Sky Sports and since auto-renewed at 39eur for a month as I had forgot to cancel ). I'll wait now until Friday when the existing pass has expired itself, and then try again.
And to confirm, it works today, after my old sub expired.

Also, you need to use the link provided in the PDF sent to you! I just ignored the PDF and copied the code, to enter on Redeem section in My Passes, which wouldn't work. Had to go and actually read what it said and click on the redemption link provided!
Thanks from:
28-01-2020, 13:48   #179
stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyvegas View Post
if you go incognito and sign up - you'll get 10% discount to your email address. Takes it down to €161.99.
Do you have to wait a while for an additional mail?
I registered but just got a registration mail, nothing with a 10% discount code.
28-01-2020, 18:40   #180
donnyvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stop View Post
Do you have to wait a while for an additional mail?
I registered but just got a registration mail, nothing with a 10% discount code.
Just sent you a 10% off code.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion