Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-01-2020, 21:27   #9991
Duvet Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by milli milli View Post
Duvet Day, I got it straight from the Superdry website. I don’t know if you’re in Dublin - it might be in store? It also comes in navy.
Ordered it Sunday and got it Tuesday. Free delivery & returns.

https://www.superdry.ie/womens/jacke...-jacket--black

Yes have to agree about Superdry - coats are so warm
Thank you..I'm going away for the weekend and made a snap purchase in Pamela Scott on Saturday, I wanted a black ,slightly padded,shiny jacket ,long length like yours,I knew I wasn't a 100%about it..60e down from 120e ..its not warm enough and I knew it but still purchased,no return only exchange or credit note.Ive been fairly sensible recently when buying because I've a house full of impulse buys but I let my guard down lol.Yours is lovely.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2020, 22:32   #9992
milli milli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvet Day View Post
I've a house full of impulse buys but I let my guard down lol.Yours is lovely.
I know what you mean all too well!

If you’re not wearing the impulse buys, is there a chance you could put them up on a Buy & Sell Facebook group (or similar) and see if you could get a few quid for them? Then you could get the Superdry coat with no guilt?
Thanks from:
21-01-2020, 22:40   #9993
Duvet Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by milli milli View Post
I know what you mean all too well!

If you’re not wearing the impulse buys, is there a chance you could put them up on a Buy & Sell Facebook group (or similar) and see if you could get a few quid for them? Then you could get the Superdry coat with no guilt?
I used to do that but the effort..the photos, meeting people, non showers etc,I need to get back into it..my coat is still in the bag since Saturday, I'll try it again tomorrow I do love the big furry black hood so that's a plus lol,definitely superdry next I never even thought of going there and I very rarely go to TK Max,I'll try there at the weekend.

I bought the Penneys 8e faux leather leggings at the weekend and find them lovely, got them as I was wearing my good ones too much and I'm surprised at how nice they are,would recommend.
Thanks from:
30-01-2020, 16:17   #9994
Ciarrai76

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
I picked up this dress from Penney's today. It seemed to be the last one and my size, and reduced from €20 to €10! It fits lovely and I'd say I'll wear into the summer really.

*I Had to link the image as its not allowing me to put the photo of it up from the image location.
https://primedia.primark.com/s/prima...-*,*&$product$

Last edited by Ciarrai76; 30-01-2020 at 16:23.
30-01-2020, 17:29   #9995
SmallTeapot

A few things from me

Uniqlo

Uniqlo Souffle Yarn Mock Neck Jumper

I got this in grey, pink and beige. Bought them at €19.90, but they're further reduced to €12.90. The pink is lovely irl

Not many sizes left, but a little bit of research online shows that & Other stories stock a similar style.

As an aside, is it just me or has cosy knitwear become very hip all of a sudden.... I think Sézane is partially to blame...knitwear is now sexy

River Island

One of my pairs of Amelie jeans is a bit worse for wear at the moment - I usually have 2 pairs in dark denim on the go - so I bought this pair in a similar colourway (reduced from €50 to €30; managed to get the last size 12 - win! )

Also bought Molly Navy cord jeggings (reduced from €55 to €18) - as thought they'd go nicely with the Uniqlo jumpers

Last edited by SmallTeapot; 30-01-2020 at 17:33. Reason: Replaced image URL
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 11:13   #9996
Twee.

Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?...6%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours
Thanks from:
31-01-2020, 11:22   #9997
SozBbz

Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?
Thanks from:
31-01-2020, 11:47   #9998
meeeeh

Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.

Last edited by meeeeh; 31-01-2020 at 12:06.
(2) thanks from:
31-01-2020, 13:37   #9999
SozBbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
Uniqlo's merino is machine washable. If you want something a bit more interesting JW Anderson and Uniqlo U co-labs can be nice. I make a point of buying seamless Uniqlo U jumper ever autumn when they come out. I have Arket fisherman's jumper and have no issues washing it on delicate wash in the washing machine.
Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 13:49   #10000
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SozBbz View Post
Brilliant, that looks good. I might buy one in s simple style just to see how i like them for size/fit and then can look at more adventurous options in future.

I was actually in a huge Uniqlo when I was in Japan a few months back but just got overwhelmed and bought noting - I ultimately just bought a black floaty midi skirt in a small Uniqlo concession in a train station. Wishing I'd researched the brand a bit more before I went so I knew what to look out for.
I find them great for cheap seamless leggings, trench coats, some co-labs and merino jumpers. I have their cashmere jumper and I would not rate that one. I got a pair of their regular line cigarette jeans and found them very poor quality, I also have uniqlo u jeans and they are great. I never tried their work trousers because I
find elasticated back of the waist a bit cheap looking. Heatech stuff is great to layer under things.

I don't think they are very exciting brand but you get solid quality for the basics to pair with more interesting items in your wardrobe from other brands.
31-01-2020, 13:53   #10001
Twee.

It is a bit overwhelming, even the store in London. Just piles and piles of every colour and fit! I have bought a fair bit from them over the years and always impressed with the quality. I have my merino knits since December and have machine-washed and worn plenty, no complaints so far.
31-01-2020, 14:16   #10002
SmallTeapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twee. View Post
Had a nosey on the Sezane website and now my ads are full of beautiful things I can't afford They have some amazing pieces.

I picked up some of the extra fine merino blend knits from Uniqlo recently, round neck and polo neck(https://www.uniqlo.com/eu/en/search?...6%20Cardigans) and they are fantastic quality for €29.90. I do need a little camisole underneath as can be a tiny bit sheer, but I'm a cold creature so tend to wear them anyway!

I'm in London this weekend so might make a quick dash to Uniqlo for more colours
I love the Uniqlo on Oxford street - that was my gateway to Uniqlo
Also their merino wool range is great. The crew necks regularly come up on limited deals and you can get them for €19.90.

Yeah, Sézanes' clothes are gorgeous. They're are pricey enough, but seem to be really nice quality. Le sigh

(I recently saw a review of their clothes on a youtube video, I though it was this one by Emily Mariko, but on reviewing the video, it wasn't - she reviewed other French brands, but not Sézane. I now can't for the life of me remember who produced the video - if I remember I'll update my post as it was a fairly thorough review of the brands' knitwear.)

Quote:
Augh, the Sezane stuff is so beautiful, I want it all, and then I want a maid to do all the handwashing required!

Has anyone bought nice knitwear that can be put in the machine? Even on a low temp/delicate cycle etc? I'm constantly put off stuff because I HATE handwashing and I know I just won't wear things for the fear of having to wash them after. Especially at this time of year as its so hard to try clothes and when you handwash something, no matter how much i try to gently squeeze the water out, its still always sopping wet and takes ages to dry.

I'm constantly put off items when I see that they're handwash only - but I would also prefer to buy natural fibers where possible. Is this a circle that just can't be squared?
I'm the very same. This is the main reason why I try to avoid expensive delicate items, as I'm afraid I'll either destroy them and they'll never be the same after I've washed them ... or I won't have the discipline to handwash them (read: I'll be too lazy to handwash them ).

Yet, I'm try to avoid purchasing fast fashion, so Uniqlo is a happy medium in some ways. Granted their clothes are mass produced, but I feel they're decent quality for the money, handy for basics, last longer than clothes at similar price points (I have some of their clothes for years and they've held their shape/colour well) and can be machine washed at a normal or delicate cycle were needed.

Quote:

They have a lot of stock - whenever I visit their stores it takes me ages to sort out in my head what I want/ need. I agree with what Meeeeh suggested above, take a chance on a few of their basic lines to get a feel for what they have to offer. I especially love their t-shirts/tops and knitwear (jumpers, cardigans).

In addition to JW Anderson and Ines de La Fressange, they also produce some unique graphic t-shirts and hoodies in collaboration with artists/ franchises (anything from Disney to Andy Warhol).

Last edited by SmallTeapot; 31-01-2020 at 14:26.
02-02-2020, 20:18   #10003
XxMCRxBabyxX
Forever Double Posting

Bought these three dresses:

£28 with 20% additional sale discount on ASOS

€25 on Littlewoods

€29.50 on Littlewoods

Trying to plan my wedding wardrobe for the summer. Do you think I could get away with the monochrome one for a cousin's wedding?

Alternatively, could I wear this or is it too much?
(5) thanks from:
02-02-2020, 20:55   #10004
jellybear

Gorgeous dresses!! I prefer the monochrome one. A bit more understated and sophisticated, in my opinion
(2) thanks from:
02-02-2020, 23:00   #10005
Michellenman

Both are good options but I love the monochrome. If you’re dark haired then it would look really chic with a retro up-do and a red lip. Nice choices and really good value!
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed