Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2020, 19:06   #1
Addle

What brands will still be big in 30/40 years?

So my friends mother passed away recently and some of her belongings have been shared among her family.
She was very stylish and very well off so there were some Chanel,YSL and Dior bags and clothes.
Got me thinking about what I’ll leave behind!
I don’t think anyone will be fighting over my river island handbags!
What might you have now that will still be covetable in a few generations time?
Advertisement
12-01-2020, 16:30   #2
greenttc

mulberry? The leather would be hard wearing and have good longevity....
Thanks from:
12-01-2020, 16:40   #3
NSAman

A few watches, paintings and a few items in the house that are of good quality

not so much into brands per se. If something is good quality made by an artist or of high quality they tend to of more value in the long run than things that obviously do not cost a lot.
Thanks from:
13-01-2020, 09:36   #4
meeeeh

I actually don't know. I'm not overly into designer bags or shoes and I don't treat them well enough to survive decades. Maybe some wool or cashmere items if they survive. We have some furniture and dinnerware that will last the test of time. There are some paintings that are interesting enough but they would be more desirable where I come from than in Ireland. Art is very subjective and I'm not educated enough to know what has good chance to survive decades.

From brands perspective I think high end heritage brands like Channel, Dior etc will last. I'm not so sure about mid level brands like before mentioned Mulberry, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and similar. Some of them are already in trouble.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion