Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IRC Postgraduate Scholarships 2020

Options
  • 23-06-2020 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Couldn't find any other thread for this year so thought I'd make one. Anyone have any idea when we'll hear about results? Already delayed 3 months i'm hoping they won't leave us waiting longer than this week...
    Also is it likely theyll fund less projects than usual due to covid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anonym0uz

The e-mail said at the end of June. But based on last year's thread here, it might be August 1st. I'm just guessing. I also checked the status of my application on the IRC website, and it is still "under assessment." As for the number of projects, I believe they have a budget to fund the same number of projects as last year. I got this info after they e-mailed me, saying that my application is progressing to the second round after initially rejecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scout35

Did you mean July 1st? yeah, I thought this myself but was hoping they wouldn't make us wait till next as we've waited so long already. Mine still says under assessment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Choose

Last year it was supposed to be announced end of March and we found out 1st of April, so I imagine it will be July 1st...

Another week of waiting so.

anonym0uz wrote: »
    The e-mail said at the end of June. But based on last year's thread here, it might be August 1st. I'm just guessing. I also checked the status of my application on the IRC website, and it is still "under assessment." As for the number of projects, I believe they have a budget to fund the same number of projects as last year. I got this info after they e-mailed me, saying that my application is progressing to the second round after initially rejecting it.

Yeah, sorry. I meant July 1st, :)

• Advertisement

does anyone know if everyone gets told at the same time or they do it individually or rejections get told first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MyPHDJourney

The results are out and I am disappointed. International student here with 91.5 but who is now on the reserve list! Meanwhile EU students got funding with 85 and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BlowInYank

The results are out and I am disappointed. International student here with 91.5 but who is now on the reserve list! Meanwhile EU students got funding with 85 and above.

I think you saw my prior post - miracles do happen! I'm rooting for you! PM me if you'd like.

That's definitely disappointing but they really don't give much numbers to international students. :( I am also in the similar situation as you are. Which field are you? Congratulations on your high score!

I am in the Arts. I wish the high score counted but unfortunately it does not seem like it does.

• Advertisement

I have got off the reserve list and been offered a scholarship. Best of luck to everyone waiting

Congratulations. Do you have any information if IRC will inform the people on the reserve list if there'll be no more slots left for us? Or we will just wait in vain? Haha. Thanks. Congrats again! You deserve it. :)

It is a wait and see game. Whenever one turns it down, they offer it to the next person on the reserve list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CHG13

Has anyone else heard about being moved off the reserve list and given a conditional offer? I was placed on reserve for AHSS and stressing over hearing anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duckduck23

Hi, anyone applied for STEM and got on the reserve list.... I have no idea of why this year they lowered the first phase score to get more students

CHG13 wrote: »
    Has anyone else heard about being moved off the reserve list and given a conditional offer? I was placed on reserve for AHSS and stressing over hearing anything....

The Awards were confirmed last week for all applicants and we all received an email to that effect.

So I would think that there are no more awards at the moment unless someone who provided all the documentation and had the award confirmed suddenly drops out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CHG13

Thanks for letting me know. I still haven't heard anything....which I guess means they think there is a possibility things might still get shaken up. I know someone who wasn't told until September last year that they received it so....fingers crossed. - and congrats to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monireh

Hi what was the result of you 2020 application? I am on reserve list with a 93!!! Is it probable to get the award yet?

Advertisement