Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unsure if its a scam website/Call/Text?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Does anyone have any experience buying from inthemarket.ie? I’ve been looking for a small folding treadmill for at home with little success and have started to get adds for some on inthemarket.ie so I was wondering if anyone has used it? Is it safe? Trust pilot thinks so but I’ve seen scam sites with good ratings on their before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Atempted to use these guys to see if I could give local guys a chance against Amazon

electricalworld.com

Ordered a kitchen appliance in early Jan 24, waited a week, no updates so back on to the website to see the status of the order as "authorised"

No online chat so via email I was told bruskly the one liner : "As per the listing this is due in to stock in March"

It was in stock when I ordered and the day I emailed but changed once I queried it.

they are based in the UK and about as Irish as a plastic shamrock :

Don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭I am me123

Currently genuinely waiting on a parcel so was wondering is this a scam message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭wench

Yes it's a scam.

A real An Post message won't have a link, just reference numbers for you to use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

100% yes! Don’t click on this links.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks guys, I suspected so!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭JVince

Did you check their address?

"Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, IRELAND.

And they actually have an excellent reputation.

How was their reply "brusk" - do you really need someone to do a pandering 2 page reply to you when one sentence is sufficient?

Btw, Amazon don't deliver kitchen appliances here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Was it yourself wrote the oneliner reply?

Ha ha Amazon delivered it three days later, as they do with most kitchen appliances.

Their automatic system did not let me know there was any delay, I had to contact their CS through email.. email! (no phone numbers or online chat) and then a day later 11 words "As per the listing this is due in to stock in March". eh Thanks is that in 3 months March 2024 ?

If you read the post you would know I saw the address and THAT is why I used them, its only when you try CONTACT them that you realise they are not Irish in any meaningful way.

If you like the way they do business then use them.

Must have been a small appliance. They don't deliver large kitchen appliances. On top of that if it's over €150 they add substantial custom duties - I'd double check the ACTUAL price you paid

First line on electrical world customer service "contact page" is their phone number.

They also have live chat (10am-1pm)

https://www.electricalworld.com/Mobile/MobileContactUs.aspx

It was dreadfully easy to find

So your original post saying they are not Irish, have no phone number and do not have live chat was wrong in it's entirety.

Retailers don't want customers like you.

• Advertisement

I was talking about an IRISH phone number and the web chat did NOT respond during those times.

I never said it was a large appliance, it was small\medium like 90% of kitchen appliances.

You are probably affliated I can tell by the tone of your responses it rhymes with their emails

Ah the old sad childish rebuke of "you must be connected"

No, I just despise petty little people who have a minor little issue and then set out to defame and "punish" a retailer over a minor issue.

Sad behaviour really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: warning for JVince for being uncivil to another poster. Your tone from the beginning didn't seem to be in any way helpful.

I'd imagine you have done your business more harm here than I ever could.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: celtic-oz has been warned for going again after the warning was issued to JVince. Enough now please, its done.

Advertisement