Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DHL Express vs TNT Express - Customs

• 06-08-2020 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Which one of these couriers do you think is least likey to sting me on customs and vat charges on a delivery from outside the EU? I did get caught by DHL the last time but it wasn't extortionate. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭con747

DHL always charge customs and vat in my experience, no idea about TNT i'm afraid.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

con747 wrote: »
    DHL always charge customs and vat in my experience, no idea about TNT i'm afraid.
    Thanks for the reply. Even though the last package was undervalued, DHL just magically plucked a figure out of the air for me to pay to release the item. Now I was willing to pay as it was much lower than I presumed it would come to.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Expect tax/duty on imports over a certain value. Please read the charter and look at the stickies import vat/duty thread to work out your charges., then you won’t be surprised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement