Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Sunday deliveries

Options
  • 18-12-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭

I have a parcel coming from Amazon and their system is telling me to expect it on Sunday.

I know this is an estimate but do An Post deliver parcels on Sundays for Christmas?

I probably asked this last year :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

They do, I got a delivery last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

No harm they do im kinda sick of an post Monday to Friday only delivery

Im fairly sure royal mail to 6 days a week up north and mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

They do, I got a delivery last Sunday

Thank you for the confirmation but I wish it had been a “no they don’t”.

I promise myself every year no more deliveries at Christmas but I keep doing it. I know if I go out they’ll be brought back to the depot but I wouldn’t be able to collect them on Monday.

Ah well, hopefully this will learn me. :p

087brain21 wrote: »
    No harm they do im kinda sick of an post Monday to Friday only delivery

Im fairly sure royal mail to 6 days a week up north and mainland

You mean the do six days a week all year?

No I wouldn’t want that. Everyone is entitled to a couple of days off and I wouldn’t like someone else on the route. Every time our regular fear an phoist takes time off my letters go to a neighbours house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Parcel deliveries are 6/7 days a week. Depends on the centre it comes out of. Letter delivery is usually Mon-Fri

• Advertisement

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that some packages which tracking showed to be in a depot in Dublin were delivered.

Tracking have always been up to to date with An Post.

Unfortunately now I don’t know if my my last parcel is really in the depot or coming today!!!

Always something!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sunday parcels are normally only in the bigger cities,no rural deliveries.

Sometimes at Xmas it's everywhere,but other than that,just the bigger cities at Xmas,no other time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just got deliveries today. Pleasant surprise. Was told to expect them on the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

I've found Amazon and an post brilliant this year. Ordered a good biy off Amazon this Christmas and everything has come bang on time. Even ordered something late Friday night it arrived today, wasn't expecting until the 27th.. really impressed with them this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Deliveries tomorrow too.

A combination of an post new automated parcel sorting facility and benign weather has meant virtually no delays.

Last year there was a major storm around black Friday and it caused utter chaos as four days of Amazon orders all arrived together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Harpy wrote: »
    I've found Amazon and an post brilliant this year. Ordered a good biy off Amazon this Christmas and everything has come bang on time. Even ordered something late Friday night it arrived today, wasn't expecting until the 27th.. really impressed with them this year.

Same here, they have been brilliant, most of my packages came a day early even. I always get my stuff delivered to work as theres always someone there. And its delivered at 8am every morning without fail. Well done amazon and an post!

Yes it was good outcome in the delivery department. I even had a missing package delivered on Christmas Eve.

Only trouble about it all was people needing to be at home but that can't blamed on any involved.

Next year I really do intend to have everything done by the 31st of November.

A question about the couriers themselves. Our An Post guy and all the regular couriers often say my name or something else that makes me think we get an unusually high amount of deliveries. Or do they do this to everyone?

Amazon tracking says we have a parcel with Sunday as the estimated delivery day.

I know this is not exact and that the delivery day can change but I had assumed that Amazon’s system would know what are valid days and what are not.

So is the Amazon system only estimating Sunday because Amazon does deliveries 7 days a week in the UK?

I’d imagine the Sunday deliveries with An Post have stopped now?

Advertisement