Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

blee23 wrote: »
    Sorry but I can't help with issue, but can I ask how you change water temperature??

This video will change your life:

https://youtu.be/Gek2O8UnBp0

After 3 years and 2 machines I didn't know this could be done. Lukewarm coffee be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭highdef

franglan wrote: »

After 3 years and 2 machines I didn't know this could be done. Lukewarm coffee be gone!

Would've been a helpful thing to have had in the instruction manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blee23

Ha, look at that..thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Sweet Mary mother of jesus.

highdef wrote: »
    Would've been a helpful thing to have had in the instruction manual!

it's in the manual in the "Setting the temperature" section

in the manual that I have anyways.

I set it at 3 out of 4.

4 and it can affect the taste imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭highdef

glasso wrote: »
    it's in the manual in the "Setting the temperature" section

in the manual that I have anyways.

I set it at 3 out of 4.

4 and it can affect the taste imo.

franglan, did you ever actually read the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Thanks for sharing. Works on the caffe corso model too and definitely makes a difference!

highdef wrote: »
    franglan, did you ever actually read the manual?

Absolutely not�� In fairness I was topping it up with a boiled kettle. Think of the electricity savings on 4 cups of coffee each day!

Turn coffee concentration setting to 12 o clock

Sorted. Amazing. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

The disappointing moment I follow the steps and discover I was on setting 4 all along and it's still not hot enough.

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    The disappointing moment I follow the steps and discover I was on setting 4 all along and it's still not hot enough.

Thanks anyway.

I microwave the milk first

Other than that, keeping the brew unit clean and descaling when needed both make s difference

I steeped the former in boiling water for a few minutes yesterday, made sure to open and close it in it to clear out gunk

Now moving nice a freely and the next cup out was notably hotter than it had been lately

I microwave the milk first

Other than that, keeping the brew unit clean and descaling when needed both make s difference

I steeped the former in boiling water for a few minutes yesterday, made sure to open and close it in it to clear out gunk

Now moving nice a freely and the next cup out was notably hotter than it had been lately

I take it no damage to the plastic by doing this?

it's lubricating the brew unit o-rings with silicone that's actually important

if it can't move freely it won't operate correctly and can lead to damage of the motor in the machine moves this part

None that i can see- just off-the-boil water to be accurate about it

glasso wrote: »
    it's lubricating the brew unit o-rings with silicone that's actually important

if it can't move freely it won't operate correctly and can lead to damage of the motor in the machine moves this part

Yep i do that every few months, but as a quick cleanup of the accumulated gunk the other works well (not using any detergent or anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

What lubricant do you use?

silicone

but a little veg oil won't do any harm

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

Also can be used any food safe grease.

290 sterling on amazon folks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Funny this popped up.

Are people making coffee with grounds at all using this machine?

Ran out of beans last night and awaiting order of fresh beans today/tomorrow.

Had a spare pack of decent ground coffee left unopened from a recent gift. So turned on machine, put in one-level measure with spoon provided, and clicked one-shot and got the most watery tepid coffee I’ve ever tasted.

Wasn’t even enough with one shot to make an Americano.

Did I do anything wrong?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭Glebee

Basq wrote: »
    Funny this popped up.

Had a spare pack of decent ground coffee left unopened from a recent gift. So turned on machine, put in one-level measure with spoon provided, and clicked one-shot and got the most watery tepid coffee I’ve ever tasted.

Did I do anything wrong?

Use ground every now and then if im stuck. Usually just Lavazza or something like that in preground and it turns out alright. Not a patch on freshly ground beans but its ok. Did you turn the dial to the preground setting?

Glebee wrote: »
    Use ground every now and then if im stuck. Usually just Lavazza or something like that in preground and it turns out alright. Not a patch on freshly ground beans but its ok. Did you turn the dial to the preground setting?
    Yeah.. there was zero in the beans reservoir so it did definitely do *something* resembling coffee but was pretty grim being honest.

YouTube vids from DeLonghi indicate a level spoon (with the one provided) and only a single shot, as opposed to two. But honestly don’t know how people could drink it if that’s the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

Guys, is this not a bargain alerts forum. Not a maintenance guide for coffee machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭McSween

I tried that with ground once and didnt do it again. Im not convinced a level helping of ground coffee is enough, like you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭McSween

picachu wrote: »
    Guys, is this not a bargain alerts forum. Not a maintenance guide for coffee machines?

Take it easy matron. There are 1,600 posts on this machine before you decided to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Barr

picachu wrote: »

There has been great advise given in the aftercare/ issues of the De'Longhi . I follow the thread for this very reason and certainly wouldnt knock it .

Funny this popped up.

Did I do anything wrong?

would only recommend using ground stronger tasting blends, turning the output volume down low and using slightly more than a level teaspoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Funny this popped up.

Did I do anything wrong?

Might be an obvious one, but you didn't mention it - did you turn the coffee strength knob all the way to the left (to the spoon of grounds icon)? It needs to be there for the machine to know you want to use grounds.

stdidit wrote: »
    Might be an obvious one, but you didn't mention it - did you turn the coffee strength knob all the way to the left (to the spoon of grounds icon)? It needs to be there for the machine to know you want to use grounds.
    Yeah, I did do that.

Crisis averted anyways..! :D

IMG-20210428-WA0003.jpg

God bless the folks and quick turnaround of DiscountCoffee.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Yeah, I did do that.

Crisis averted anyways..! :D

IMG-20210428-WA0003.jpg

God bless the folks and quick turnaround of DiscountCoffee.ie.

I've seen that site before. Very good prices. Are the beans nice? Presume they're not terribly fresh?

Advertisement