Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antibullying

• 28-06-2020 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I am heartbroken by what I heard from a social media girl who has been bullied recently. I don’t want to name her. I saw her story on instagram and awful comments about her. I’m just wondering how people can be so cruel to another human being who they don’t even know? Is it from pure jealousy of the girl or what is it that drives people to be so cruel? After what happened to Caroline flack, how is this allowed continue? The girl is very pretty and appears a lovely person. I found a site where people were saying nasty things about her and I posted on it a nice post about her and politely told the people to leave her alone and unless they have personally experienced her being bad to them then not to comment negatively and my comment was deleted and I was banned due to my “spam” Who runs these sites?? They are enabling bullying. Saddens me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

It's terrible what's going on. The big C and me was sent 3 baby grows with a note saying pity she'd never be able to use them. The poor girl has fought cancer twice which made her infertile and someone does this. It's absolutely disgusting!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

When people are bullied on social media, why do they stay on it? Why don't they pull the plug? Although i'm only on boards, and not on other platforms, its seems people tell all their business and secrets to strangers for no apparent reason at all. I feel for the people who are bullied and victimised but if you seen a bully in the street you'd walk the other way. I can't understand why people don't give up social media, I think as long as your switch on it's just enabling yourbully or bullies. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

I suppose a lot of them now earn a living off it so simply shutting it down isnt an option?

There are always going to be bullies unfortunately, the online ones are just cowards and get their rocks off by doing this, mostly small petty people who just do it to feel better imo, its a deranged sickness in some people.

Best thing imo is to just laugh at them, feck em, screw em, they are faceless morons and we should just look at them like that.

Its hard to do but we also need to grow a thicker skin and not let some ****e written on a social platform have any affect on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Kylta wrote: »
    When people are bullied on social media, why do they stay on it? Why don't they pull the plug? Although i'm only on boards, and not on other platforms, its seems people tell all their business and secrets to strangers for no apparent reason at all. I feel for the people who are bullied and victimised but if you seen a bully in the street you'd walk the other way. I can't understand why people don't give up social media, I think as long as your switch on it's just enabling yourbully or bullies. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

Telly, that story is pure evil.

See they shouldn’t have to leave social media if it makes them happy. Nobody should be bullied out of doing what they want to do. They aren’t harming anyone. The bullies shouldn’t have that power to force someone off it.
    I really don’t understand how the bullies can feel good in themselves by being nasty- it’s just not in my nature so I can’t understand it. Very sad that there are people like that. They’re probably miserable and want to drag others down with them.
    The best revenge is not to let them take your smile away because they’re jealous of others happiness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Telly, that story is pure evil.

See they shouldn’t have to leave social media if it makes them happy. Nobody should be bullied out of doing what they want to do. They aren’t harming anyone. The bullies shouldn’t have that power to force someone off it.
    I really don’t understand how the bullies can feel good in themselves by being nasty- it’s just not in my nature so I can’t understand it. Very sad that there are people like that. They’re probably miserable and want to drag others down with them.
    The best revenge is not to let them take your smile away because they’re jealous of others happiness...

People have different personalities some strong some not so strong. Where some people getting stick or verbal abuse will roll over there heads. Its the people who are not so strong and who can't whether the abuse that forcing them to self harm or may contemplating suicide. These are the people I would fear for and my advice to them would be log out of your social media platform immediately. You're not going to stop the bullying so the person who is being bullied needs to protect themselves and close down there social platform. If in time the person who was bullied feel strong enough to go back on social media well happy days. Any person whose mental health is affected by anything should close down their platforms. And any parent that has a child on social media who is getting bullied should advise the child (when I say child I mean teenagers too)to switch off.
    Its no good saying I should've done this and that when its too late.

Advertisement