Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Just for information....

I posted (An Post) a small package by standard (unregistered) post on 17/06/2020. It arrived today 29/06/2020.

That's 12 days to get from Wicklow to Kilkenny.

Package was correctly addressed and the correct value of stamp as attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yet more of the same ridiculous delays from An Post in Dublin 8. Something posted to me last Wednesday which still hasnt arrived yet stuff from other couriers is arriving with almost no delay.

I posted a small package to Kosovo by registered mail with An Post on 12-02-2020. It never arrived. I opened a case in late February 2020.

Yesterday, 30-06-2020, four months after I opened the case, I received a letter from An Post looking for the receipt of postage.

Am I right in saying that the only way to talk to An Post's customer service now is by web chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

tiredcity wrote: »
    Waiting on print sent from Australia (economy) April 14th. No tracking so who knows where it is! Anyone else still waiting on stuff from Oz or should I admit defeat at this stage?

Finally arrived on 29/06/20. Posted 14/04/20. Slightly bent but otherwise intact. Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else is also waiting on things from Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I posted birthday card from here on 9th April, arrived in NSW, Aus last week. In the same week I received parcel from Montana, USA that was posted March 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Garlinge wrote: »
    I posted birthday card from here on 9th April, arrived in NSW, Aus last week. .

Post to Australia was suspended late March and as of last week still was so it's surprising it got there at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

I received my parcel from Australia recently as well after 4 months so there must have been a flight load arrive in,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maxalots

Can anyone fill me in on what delays to expect on a standard royal mail parcel to Ireland? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

maxalots wrote: »
    Can anyone fill me in on what delays to expect on a standard royal mail parcel to Ireland? Thanks in advance

It took 2 weeks recently for me

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭justcallmemoses

Any idea how long before an item is released from the below status? Been there a few days now. Bought something from the US that cost €116.48 total of which the delivery cost €45.

"Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB
    DUBLIN 12"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Seems we've passed the worst of it in terms of Postal delays from the US. Package was shipped from the states with an untrackable USPS number on the 5th of July. Arrived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Wing126 wrote: »
    Seems we're past the worst of it in terms of Postal delays from the US. Package was shipped from the states with an untrackable USPS number on the 5th of July. Arrived today!

Shipped on 5 July, arrived 8 July is an unacceptable delay? :confused: Or, am I misunderstanding your post?

EDIT: Indeed it was my misunderstanding. Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

AddressPal.
    Delivered to Hatfield on Thursday. In my Cork PO on Monday morning, 10am.
    Happy with that.

(Apparently AddressPal is on the site of the Mosquito aircraft factory during WW2. Hence Mosquito Way address. )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ordered a phone from Three on Monday evening - still hasn't arrived in Cork - been sitting in Dublin hub since Wednesday am at 1.47am - surely something like this shouldn't take this long??

Edit* just got an update that it's in Fermoy now! Should have it today! Still took longer than I thought for a national delivery.

Standard letter post sent from Wicklow to Wexford on 3/7/20 not delivered as of 9/7/20 (still undelivered after 6 days)

Standard letter post sent from Donegal to Wicklow on 8/7/20 delivered on 9/7/20 (delivered next day)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Phone is still in Fermoy - has been updated 3 times now with the same message "your delivery has been sorted in" :rolleyes:

Update* phone is now gone to Portlaoise!!! Wtaf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Items thrown in the garden today. Not everyone works from home or is still working from home you numbnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 leoXX

Two birthday cards posted on the same day in England using international standard, one arrives 3 days later the other arrived 14 days later. Wtf like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Standard letter post sent from Wicklow to Wexford on 3/7/20 not delivered as of 9/7/20 (still undelivered after 6 days)

Standard letter post sent from Donegal to Wicklow on 8/7/20 delivered on 9/7/20 (delivered next day)

Interesting
    Standard letter last week posted in Dublin on the Monday
    Delivered on friday in Arklow
    Standard letter posted last Friday in enniscorthy
    Delivered today in Arklow 7 days later

Thats this past week alone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ED E wrote: »
    Items thrown in the garden today. Not everyone works from home or is still working from home you numbnuts.

Must be something you are doing as it seems every delivery service and every utility service gives you bad service.

I've yet to see a post from you that is not complaining about a service.

Either you are the unluckiest person about when it comes to service providers or a lot is made up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Hi,

I ordered something from Amazon to be delivered by An Post.
    The tracking claims they attempted delivery on Wednesday, but I don't think they did, because another item I ordered arrived fine, and they didn't leave a note.

When I called them, they told me the parcel has been logged as "re-directed" for some reason, and may be on its way back to Amazon. They won't let me pick it up, and they won't give me an ETA.

The tracking is as follows:

15 July 2020 23:11
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 July 2020 08:53
    Your delivery has been sorted in RAVENSDALE ROAD D.S.U., DUBLIN 3

15 July 2020 08:12
    Your delivery is in RAVENSDALE ROAD D.S.U., DUBLIN 3

15 July 2020 08:10
    We tried to deliver your post

15 July 2020 07:36

15 July 2020 07:14
    Your post is out for delivery

15 July 2020 00:03
    We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

14 July 2020 13:23
    Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

14 July 2020 13:00
    We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

Anyone had similar problems lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

magoo84 wrote: »
    Hi,

The tracking claims they attempted delivery on Wednesday, but I don't think they did, because another item I ordered arrived fine, and they didn't leave a note.

When I called them, they told me the parcel has been logged as "re-directed" for some reason, and may be on its way back to Amazon. They won't let me pick it up, and they won't give me an ETA.

There might have been an issue with the address on the label. The 2 attempted delivery scans look like they were done in the sorting office.
    I've had Amazon stuff with no name on the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Hi,

Really? Did you get it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Really? Did you get it resolved?
    I was the postie. Scanned the barcode and was able to phone the person, but had to send stuff back because there wasn't a number available. It happens occasionally.
    Item will be returned to Amazon and they'll either re-send it or refund you.
    Contact them and let them know what happened. They'll send out another one.

Not at all.

Courierpost can be grand. This week I've received 3x items in ~36hrs from Amazon and AnPost.

AnPost always come so close. Like 7 in 8 packages is an excellent service then they go and leave a €900 camera in a recycling bin. Or AddressPal is half baked. Or they ignore redirect requests.

If you want a good story I receive items on a 4hr SLA via UPS. They're flawless. It's just a bit not newsworthy so maybe I'll post about them less.

Here's an example from a week ago.
    Not in my area, and they work(or worked) Saturdays.

Issue with a parcel with no PMID, everything else fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

If you want a good story I receive items on a 4hr SLA via UPS. They're flawless. It's just a bit not newsworthy so maybe I'll post about them less.

I sell on eBay occasionally and I've used UPS for deliveries of larger items to the UK recently. I find them very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Hi guys, had a package via DHL from the US arrive on the 18th, still nothing showing on An Post tracking with the tracking number provided, this normal? Thanks.

Can anyone shed any light on this? when i got onto an post webchat they just said that the number i gave them wouldn't have further tracking when it got to Ireland.

Arrived a month ago tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Possibly "mis-directed" in that it went to the wrong delivery unit.

What part of Dublin are you in (city, west, south, north)

• Advertisement

Can anyone shed any light on this? when i got onto an post webchat they just said that the number i gave them wouldn't have further tracking when it got to Ireland.

Ar.rived a month ago tomorrow

There are UPU codes, the S10 standard, and then there are proprietary codes. If yours wasnt in the S10 format then it doesnt work outside the originating network.

Advertisement