Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Getting there now, just the side markers to wire up and get the floor on it.

Looks like a quality job! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

If I ever win the lotto. Just something to knock around in or if going to the garage for smokes.

https://youtu.be/vbJlIQ_igwM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Reggie are you still getting much use for the Moscha or is all your work now with the dribble bar?
    Are folk willing to pay the extra for putting it out with the bar as opposed to the Moscha?

Another question hovering in my head was related to the conversion of a dribble bar to a trailing shoe - you just need to buy the shoe and bolt it on or does it require any type of spring release mechanism to avoid jarring on rocks/stones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Reggie are you still getting much use for the Moscha or is all your work now with the dribble bar?
    Are folk willing to pay the extra for putting it out with the bar as opposed to the Moscha?

Another question hovering in my head was related to the conversion of a dribble bar to a trailing shoe - you just need to buy the shoe and bolt it on or does it require any type of spring release mechanism to avoid jarring on rocks/stones etc.

Not much work with the dribble bars at all. 90% moscha. Got the bars just to future proof myself really when I had the funds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Think the trailing shoe needs to pivot down when the bars are extended to get below the grass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Anyone use a rakeman 3 metre tine weeder/Harrow? See one priced at €2900 vat inc on donedeal. I have used the einbock tine Harrow many times in the past and found them great for dead grass pulling and helping level in poached bare ground and also a great machine for harrowing grass seed in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Strips of spring steel run on the ground in front of the shoe to part the grass. Shoe runs behind like the coulter of a one pass following the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Smash and grab here today. Glad to be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

mayota wrote: »
    Smash and grab here today. Glad to be done with it.

That your own gear or contractor,or do you contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Grueller wrote: »
    That your own gear or contractor,or do you contract?

No not mine, contractor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭stanflt

Bit of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭stanflt

Bit of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I presume both are yours.
    How do they compare in your opinion in terms of grass production and odour reduction?
    Been a few times we went to spread and neighbours were having outdoor parties, barbeques etc so we would hold off for a few hours or overnight. They would contact us if an animal was in trouble or close a gap when shifting stock, so not worth rubbing them up the wrong way.

The height of that trailing shoe would be no good here. It would be smashed on the roads with all the overhanging branches. Plus wouldn't fit into shed.
    Hi-Spec have a nice neat system:

Hi-Spec-696x361.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

ruwithme wrote: »
    Anyone use a rakeman 3 metre tine weeder/Harrow? See one priced at €2900 vat inc on donedeal. I have used the einbock tine Harrow many times in the past and found them great for dead grass pulling and helping level in poached bare ground and also a great machine for harrowing grass seed in.

I'm putting my harrow on donedeal later, a Palatine 3 mtr, like new very little done. €2400

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I presume both are yours.
    How do they compare in your opinion in terms of grass production and odour reduction?
    Been a few times we went to spread and neighbours were having outdoor parties, barbeques etc so we would hold off for a few hours or overnight. They would contact us if an animal was in trouble or close a gap when shifting stock, so not worth rubbing them up the wrong way.

The height of that trailing shoe would be no good here. It would be smashed on the roads with all the overhanging branches. Plus wouldn't fit into shed.
    Hi-Spec have a nice neat system:

Hi-Spec-696x361.jpg

That lad ain't that rich. Dont give him a big head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

wrangler wrote: »
    I'm putting my harrow on donedeal later, a Palatine 3 mtr, like new very little done. €2400

Owner retiring the palatine or owner retiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

One going to pastures new,the other being put out to pasture.:D

Only farming 10 acres here, doesn't justify it.
    It hasn't worked for reseeding, It works fine for pulling the thatch out or levelling poaching.
    I don't think granlime is suitable for stitching in grass, it needs to be bulk lime to mix with the soil

You might as well buy it and keep the five hundred you save for when the pubs open properly,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Say it with me...arse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭emaherx

ganmo wrote: »
    Say it with me...arse!!

390? :D

Yup!

Yup!

I've seen a few like that.
    Don't get a spurious one or it will be come an annual job.

Is there movement on the threaded end (at the nut where there should be no movement)?

emaherx wrote: »
    I've seen a few like that.
    Don't get a spurious one or it will be come an annual job.

Is there movement on the threaded end (at the nut where there should be no movement)?

Not that I noticed. There was a job done on the other wheel a few years back cause there was play in that one

Not that I noticed. There was a job done on the other wheel a few years back cause there was play in that one

Good. You'll know when you are removing the broken stub anyway. There are repair bushes available if needed.

Good. You'll know when you are removing the broken stub anyway. There are repair bushes available if needed.

Any chance you have a suggested tool list?

Any chance you have a suggested tool list?

?
    A heavy hammer and 2 spanners

Are you having trouble removing the stub?
    Shocking it is the trick, a heavy rap of the hammer to the side before driving it downwards should knock it out.

2 spanners should remove the broken part from the ram.

If you need the repair bush then a mag drill is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Anyone know where there would be a mc hale wrapper scrapped lads need a few bits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

390? :D

Happened our 390 last month. It’s a fast and easy fix aslong as you can get the part at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

lab man wrote: »
    Anyone know where there would be a mc hale wrapper scrapped lads need a few bits

Did you try done deal ? If your on Facebook no harm putting it into the Irish farming discussion group

Advertisement