Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Could I put an orbital behind my f5500.
    To replace an hs2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Gods Gift wrote:
    Could I put an orbital behind my f5500. To replace an hs2000?

wat u think of hs 2000 ?

€14000

i bought a 4 lever conor off enda o conor in 96 e6400 rang 2 yrs ago for new one 16 k so your doing good at 14k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

lab man wrote: »
    i bought a 4 lever conor off enda o conor in 96 e6400 rang 2 yrs ago for new one 16 k so your doing good at 14k

priced a new joystick connor off carey farm machinery in westmeath €12900..thats a straight price doe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Gods Gift wrote: »
    To replace an hs2000?

Yes you can

There’s a video if you google it of a fella in Laois who got Kelly’s of Kilkenny to set it up. Can’t think of his name now

Edit. Found it

https://youtu.be/IVaX4xP0jZk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

To replace an hs2000?

the orbital will cost around 25k..would you better off go the hole hog n get a fusion?

Panch18 wrote: »
    Yes you can

There’s a video if you google it of a fella in Laois who got Kelly’s of Kilkenny to set it up. Can’t think of his name now

Edit. Found it

https://youtu.be/IVaX4xP0jZk

Yeah seen that.
    But that’s a 5600.
    Automatic baler.

Yeah seen that.
    But that’s a 5600.
    Automatic baler.

Why would it be different?

wat u think of hs 2000 ?

Can give bits of bother sensor wise. But in the 4 years using it only had to leave 1 job and get another wrapper to finish. Was a solenoid.
    Worked behind tractor first year then behind baler.
    Baled and wrapper 55 baler an hour in 30ft rows last year. But everything went right. You’d want to be concentrating on what your doing. No phone or passengers.

the orbital will cost around 25k..would you better off go the hole hog n get a fusion?

Wouldn’t get a new 1. Know where there some with 7k or 8k bales on them.
    Fusion wouldn’t really suit. Great to be able to pull a pin, disconnect a few pipes and head off to bale straw or hay.

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    Why would it be different?

Think there’s a difference in the hydraulic setup on the baler.

Think there’s a difference in the hydraulic setup on the baler.

Pipe wrapper straight to tractor??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

lads i saw a 2015 kubota m135gx there today has anyone here have experience of one id be doing mowing baling slurry and a good bit of road work are they a good tractor, how they on fuel etc thanks lab man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

lads i saw a 2015 kubota m135gx there today has anyone here have experience of one id be doing mowing baling slurry and a good bit of road work are they a good tractor, how they on fuel etc thanks lab man

I spent a day on one power harrowing that a neighbour had on demo. Nice enough yoke. Cab was lovely and roomy. Had lots of power for the harrow, really manouverable and great visibility.
    The cab was a little bit noisy I thought and the gear lever is a little bit too far away, with the armrest gear change buttons a little too close.
    On fuel she didn't seem any more thirsty than a T6030 I had used the previous year, but I am only guessing on that.
    My only concern would be that if you buy one you must reconcile to staying with the brand but they are about €20k cheaper than a New Holland/Deere/Massey of the same spec if I remember my neighbours figures correctly and 0% finance for 3 years at the time on a new one. Second hand ones are hard shifted here in the South East. That may have something to do with Murphys of Kilkenny being the closest agent. That is a 90 minute drive for me and they have a poor reputation on aftersales service around my local area. mMaybe guys closer to KK city would have a better experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Grueller wrote: »
    I spent a day on one power harrowing that a neighbour had on demo. Nice enough yoke. Cab was lovely and roomy. Had lots of power for the harrow, really manouverable and great visibility.
    The cab was a little bit noisy I thought and the gear lever is a little bit too far away, with the armrest gear change buttons a little too close.
    On fuel she didn't seem any more thirsty than a T6030 I had used the previous year, but I am only guessing on that.
    My only concern would be that if you buy one you must reconcile to staying with the brand but they are about €20k cheaper than a New Holland/Deere/Massey of the same spec if I remember my neighbours figures correctly and 0% finance for 3 years at the time on a new one. Second hand ones are hard shifted here in the South East. That may have something to do with Murphys of Kilkenny being the closest agent. That is a 90 minute drive for me and they have a poor reputation on aftersales service around my local area. mMaybe guys closer to KK city would have a better experience of them.

Very poor seller second hand in England too, they used to be cheap imports .Don't know what they're like now pricewise.
    Neighbour had one, but has a NH now ......says it all really.

ive a 5465 here mad to get rid of it tbh gearbox after having to be done twice the kubota is spotless tks for replies lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I was very close to buying a 2018 M7152, price was the obstacle. It was for sale in Atkins, not sure if it still is, came in from the UK. I drove it, nice lay out in the cab, screen for the controls is pretty big. It lacks work lights on the back. There's a plasticky feel in the cab compared to other makes. Good view front and back, tight turning circle, easy to use and comfortable. I heard stories of the chasis splitting in the middle. That is probably all talk.

A relation has a smaller kubota with 10 years. It's a great tractor, stays going, light on diesel, nimble but it's light on the backend, same as the big model tractors.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I was very close to buying a 2018 M7152, price was the obstacle. It was for sale in Atkins, not sure if it still is, came in from the UK. I drove it, nice lay out in the cab, screen for the controls is pretty big. It lacks work lights on the back. There's a plasticky feel in the cab compared to other makes. Good view front and back, tight turning circle, easy to use and comfortable. I heard stories of the chasis splitting in the middle. That is probably all talk.

A relation has a smaller kubota with 10 years. It's a great tractor, stays going, light on diesel, nimble but it's light on the backend, same as the big model tractors.

Actually that was a dislike with the M135GX as well, plasticky feel to the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Odelay

Actually that was a dislike with the M135GX as well, plasticky feel to the cab.

What are ye looking for? Leather, lambs wool carpet and a walnut dash?

• Advertisement

That’s why people are prepared to paid a little extra for a deere or fendt. If your goin to spend 14 or so hrs a day in a tractor cab you may as well be comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

drove one a bit, good tractor, terribly loud though, couldnt have back window open, also the aircon was constantly on , cab was very warm indeed, plenty of power though, not much wrong with them

Odelay wrote: »
    What are ye looking for? Leather, lambs wool carpet and a walnut dash?

A little bit of finish doesn't go amiss. Switch gear feeling plasticky and all of that is letting them down imo.
    I don't want absolute luxury but a little comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭davidk1394

A little bit of finish doesn't go amiss. Switch gear feeling plasticky and all of that is letting them down imo.
    I don't want absolute luxury but a little comfort.

There was a nice comfortable seat but where the radio and controls for the fans are back behind you. The covers around controls felt like timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

When you are paying the prices of tractors nowadays you have a right to expect/demand a decent level of finish and comfort in the cab.

When you are paying the prices of tractors nowadays you have a right to expect/demand a decent level of finish and comfort in the cab.

as long as she'd be a good solid machine i wouldn't mind about the extra comfort as im a tm, fiat fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭older by the day

As long as they stay going is what I look for. Because mechanics are busy and hard to find. Besides contractors and tillage 500hrs would keep most busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,674 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

As long as they stay going is what I look for. Because mechanics are busy and hard to find. Besides contractors and tillage 500hrs would keep most busy.

2 tractors here one putting 1000 hours plus up and another 600 or so. Not a contractor or tillage

• Advertisement

2 tractors here one putting 1000 hours plus up and another 600 or so. Not a contractor or tillage

wat make?

Advertisement