Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy gym equpment

• 04-02-2020 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

I want to buy, a trap bar, rack, bumpers and landmine. I have looked a few sites, such as Mcsports, D8 fitness and Gymless. So between 1200-1500 euro. So for me a nice few pound. I dont mind spending the upper limit, but there has to be value in it.

Where did you buy yours, what was the customer service, value and quality of the equipment like.

GRMA

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

D8 Fitness has excellent customer service and a bricks and mortar store to deal with. Their range of gear is mostly a bit higher quality than what you will find on mcsports and it is nicely curated in terms of what Mark picks to stock. Is there better value out there? Yes, but it is a decent one stop shop.

If you want to do things on a budget then the other place I would recommend is Strength Shop UK. They frequently have deals on their site ... weekly specials etc.

You mention a rack. In the context of your budget you could easily spend 700 on a good quality rack... Equally mcsports would have squat stands and so on that are a fraction of that price. So it depends what you are after to some extent. The landmine, trap bar and bumpers are not going to vary that much in cost from place to place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

holdfast wrote: »
    I want to buy, a trap bar, rack, bumpers and landmine. I have looked a few sites, such as Mcsports, D8 fitness and Gymless. So between 1200-1500 euro. So for me a nice few pound. I dont mind spending the upper limit, but there has to be value in it.

Where did you buy yours, what was the customer service, value and quality of the equipment like.

GRMA

I got a titan squat rack on donedeal for 200, and it has served me admirably, aprt from the pull up bar which is of a smaller diameter than I've found in most gyms and just feels 'wrong'. Whilst its nice to have new stuff, weights are weights,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

Thanks for the inputs, not really much difference the cost TBF.

Hopefully I will be ordering next week

Advertisement