Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Accessories and Good Beans Dublin?

• 21-02-2020 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Hi, anywhere in Dublin City Centre that sells tampers and metal milk jugs etc for a reasonable price, also best easily findable beans for espresso machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Hi, anywhere in Dublin City Centre that sells tampers and metal milk jugs etc for a reasonable price?

Stock in South King St do that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Stock in South King St do that kind of stuff

Cheers, usually get Cloud Picker SAM beans but hard to get, any other recommendations for good beans in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm not a coffee expert by any means, but Nick's coffee in Ranelagh is gorgeous

I work beside a Fresh, they have a range of coffee beans from around 8 to 10 euros a bag, I assume they wouldn't be considered great by the connoisseurs on here? Only tried there Fixx ones for 9 euro, awful, sub Lidl stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Where are you based?

3FE are one of the best indie roasteries, and you can buy fresh beans in their shops, they'll grind them if you require.

• Advertisement

Where are you based?

3FE are one of the best indie roasteries, and you can buy fresh beans in their shops, they'll grind them if you require.

Live in Ringsend work in Smithfield

Live in Ringsend work in Smithfield

if you work in smithfield you are absolutely spoiled for decent coffee, just pick one each day

I can personally speak to the quality in Urbanity

but there are a few others too to check out, Proper Order, Third Space I'm sure others will be along to tell you a few more places.

Living in Ringsend you are fairly close to the main 3FE shop on Grand Canal Street

if you work in smithfield you are absolutely spoiled for decent coffee, just pick one each day

I can personally speak to the quality in Urbanity

but there are a few others too to check out, Proper Order, Third Space I'm sure others will be along to tell you a few more places.

Living in Ringsend you are fairly close to the main 3FE shop on Grand Canal Street

Yeah Ive got takeaway coffees in all of them didnt notice beans for sale

3FE definitely sell beans, so you might need to ask or look a bit harder.

Other option is, of course, delivery.

3FE definitely sell beans, so you might need to ask or look a bit harder.

Other option is, of course, delivery.

Sorry should have said didnt see beans in the Smithfield ones apart from Oxmanstown cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Sorry should have said didnt see beans in the Smithfield ones apart from Oxmanstown cafe.

Proper order has a big retail shelf with beans and accessories, they usually have Friedhats and Square Mile which are both quality beans.

Proper order has a big retail shelf with beans and accessories, they usually have Friedhats and Square Mile which are both quality beans.

Great will check in there on Monday.

Square Mile is definitely worth getting but they aren't irish so have a sconce at the roast date before shelling out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Urbanity do sell beans but you may have to ask as they don't always have them on the shelf. They roast themselves.

Just bought Urbanity's Kitabona beans (Ugandan), will try them tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. (Edit: still had some beans left from other coffee, so will update soon)

some lovely coffees coming out of that region of Africa I got a Burundian from Bailies and it's really nice

Had two coffees with those Ugandan beans, nice enough but not as nice as the SAM beans from Cloudpicker.

how did you prepare it?

how did you prepare it?

Same as SAM ones, ground the beans to a fine size and made the coffee in my Delonghi Dedica.

Ah cool, I'm going to assume they are light roast, I've gotten better results from French or Aeropress for lighter roasts.

• Advertisement

Not sure what roast they are I just asked for good espresso beans in Urbanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Same as SAM ones, ground the beans to a fine size and made the coffee in my Delonghi Dedica.

You might find the shot more enjoyable if you pull a longer shot than normal. African coffees tend to work better on espresso with a little more water to coffee to balance out the acidity. It should definitely be a grade above the Sam blend.

Advertisement