Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone else find the NRL website is geoblocking highlights? When I go to check them out I get a message saying 'SAS Geo Error - This video is not authorized in your location.'

Never had this happen before.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone else find the NRL website is geoblocking highlights? When I go to check them out I get a message saying 'SAS Geo Error - This video is not authorized in your location.'

Never had this happen before.

That's weird because they worked this morning, but aren't working now. Hopefully just a glitch, otherwise they're making it harder and harder for people to follow the game without ponying up for their streaming service. Stupid move.

Apparently you can still watch via the NRL Facebook page if you're on that, or just use a vpn, still a pain in the arse though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Eels get their first away win since 2017. Reading the reports sounds like Penrith just couldn't hold the ball and complete their sets.

Raiders nilled the Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Still can't access highlights on their website and it appears from looking at Twitter this is happening elsewhere. Must be a new site policy.

https://twitter.com/amosisCOOL/status/1107381823003222017

https://twitter.com/RLBetStats/status/1106940886129217540

https://twitter.com/dilksmania/status/1107295337843179520

From what I gather, Sky are showing a highlights show "Try Time" on Wednesday nights - only a day before the next round of games start. That's a bit like a football fan having to wait until Friday night to watch Match of the Day highlights of games from the previous weekend.

Such a backwards move in terms of getting people outside Australia interested in NRL games.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Good win for the Bunnies, second best in the first half, but Sam Burgess was on fire in the second half.

• Advertisement

Storm on their way to a comfortable win over the Raiders, which is nice.

Warriors comfortably hammered by Tigers.

Brilliant game this morning, Dragons edged out the Broncos by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Up and down game for the dragons. A good tough win might spark them. Reports Widdops season might be over. Shame if it is his last game for Saints always liked him.

Up and down game for the dragons. A good tough win might spark them. Reports Widdops season might be over. Shame if it is his last game for Saints always liked him.

I read his best case scenario 3 to 6 weeks out , worse case 3 to 6 months, as you say, effectively the end of his NRL career.

• Advertisement

Enjoyable game between the Raiders and the Knights. Eels and Roosters was good until Sydney pulled away, got a bit one sided then.

Wooden spoon already looking like the only thing the Warriors will be playing for this year. Battered by Manly.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

What a second half by Sharks so far, tackling, set completion excellent, kick chase superb, absolutely brilliant - good signs for future. Cut out the mistakes that riddled the first half and the previous two games.

What a second half by Sharks so far, tackling, set completion excellent, kick chase superb, absolutely brilliant - good signs for future. Cut out the mistakes that riddled the first half and the previous two games.

Yeah they were excellent. All one sided games in the end today, Storm hammered the Panthers.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

good round . finally (for me) the doggies got it together , its going to be a long process to rebuild that team. Souths and Storm look the early front runners and look pretty good wouldn't be too surprised if either of them won it this year . Mal Manninga reckons titans to be premiers haha ok Mal ill take one of whatever you're having

good round . finally (for me) the doggies got it together , its going to be a long process to rebuild that team. Souths and Storm look the early front runners and look pretty good wouldn't be too surprised if either of them won it this year . Mal Manninga reckons titans to be premiers haha ok Mal ill take one of whatever you're having

Where's he said that, the daft sod

Roosters thumped the Broncos. Lot of very one sided games so far this season.

Roosters thumped the Broncos. Lot of very one sided games so far this season.

Backed Broncos +4....just missed out :rolleyes:

Squeaky bum time for the Warriors. Lead down to ten over the Titans, 15 minutes left.

Edit: Back to 16 point lead, should be comfortable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Cowboys lose again - it looks like it's going to be a tough season for us.

• Advertisement

Golden point win for the dragons. Played well too. I agree Danick I think the cowboys might struggle this year.

Great game between the Warriors and the Bunnies. Going to finish up with the wrong score (from my perspective) but a good fun watch. Useless defence aplenty.

Warriors did what they do best, fcuk up a winning position in fine style.

Good win for the dragons. Hunt was on fire. Good to see him play well he can be very up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Good win for the dragons. Hunt was on fire. Good to see him play well he can be very up and down.

bulldogs suck :(. They were terrible and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon a lot of fans not happy around belmore .

I think there is going to be four or five teams well adrift at the bottom this year, and the play off places sewn up way earlier than last season.

Some game between the Storm and Roosters. Brilliant come-back from Melbourne to be 20 nil down to level it up but maybe it makes it more sickening to lose to the drop goal.

Great game anyway.

Brilliant game yesterday. the NRL is restoring my faith in Rugby League...Cricket has taken over as my favourite sport the past couple of years but RL has come roaring back and may snatch it back !

In a surprise to no one Warriors lose again. RTS must wonder why he bothers.

In a surprise to no one Warriors lose again. RTS must wonder why he bothers.
    Warriors must be a fans worst nightmare. Close win by Saints and Hunt is still looking good. I'd say Hasler still has steam coming out his ears.

• Advertisement

Another Warriors loss, played pretty well tbf. Coach still needs the boot though.

Bunnies had some goal line defence today against the Panthers. Thought they could have given away a couple more penalties but held their line very well.

Advertisement