Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

500 hours of unseen star trek to be released in HD

• 20-05-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Source Scifi Wire

Roddenberry Productions—the company run by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry—has signed a $2 million deal with Toolbox Productions to release more than 500 hours of previously unseen footage from Trek series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Toolbox library consists of interviews with cast and crew, as well as behind-the-scenes material shot over the past 20 years, starting with Star Trek: The Next Generation and progressing through the three other spinoff series that followed.

The footage will be assembled for a video-based encyclopedia that covers Star Trek's mythology and characters, the trade paper reported.

Rod Roddenberry will appear as host of the DVD set, which will showcase the archived material in high definition. Talks with distributors are under way. No release date has yet been set.

EDIT: interviews can be good but im interested in deleted scenes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Deleted scenes would be sweet. Goofs would be even better.

Sounds promising :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭c0mpliant

Sounds really good.

I have a book called Star Trek: Action which was a behind the scenes look at Insurrection, an episode of DS9 and VOY, and I thought that it was really interesting, I'm hoping that they include some of the level of detail of insight that the book did for those episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

User45701 wrote: »
    Source Scifi Wire

Roddenberry Productions—the company run by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry—has signed a $2 million deal with Toolbox Productions to release more than 500 hours of previously unseen footage from Trek series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Toolbox library consists of interviews with cast and crew, as well as behind-the-scenes material shot over the past 20 years, starting with Star Trek: The Next Generation and progressing through the three other spinoff series that followed.

The footage will be assembled for a video-based encyclopedia that covers Star Trek's mythology and characters, the trade paper reported.

Rod Roddenberry will appear as host of the DVD set, which will showcase the archived material in high definition. Talks with distributors are under way. No release date has yet been set.

EDIT: interviews can be good but im interested in deleted scenes

I'm sure this set will include the series episodes aswell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

I hope it happens but Rod Roddenberry has a track record of talking about things hes going to release on DVD and never seems to get round to it like his documentary.

Advertisement