Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

:rant:

• 24-03-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Wtf is up with virgin 1 showing star trek ds9 up to the start of the dominion war and then apperently replaceing the damn thing with reruns of star trek the next generation? i checked till the end of this week on the sky digital listing and its all star trek : tng and reshowing of ds9 first season thats bull**** like it was just getting really good >_<

Sky would never pull that crap.....assumeing they ever reshowed it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

I'm guessing V1 does not have rights to the later eps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Some talk about it on Digital Spy too.

Seems they don't have plans to show seasons 6 & 7. Maybe to encourage DVD sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well tbh i can't understand that decision it certainly make me want to never watch another star trek show on that channel again can't imagen im the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's fairly crap. No respect for the viewer. Almost as bad as the crap RTE pull with some of their scheduling, the way they jerked around the stargate slot infuriated me. Eventually they gave up trying to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

they've stopped showing tng episodes, just when it was getting into its prime, season 3/4, (bravo started the run months back). Now bravo is showing Voyager episodes from the beginning (nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and virgin no longer shows any star trek episodes at night. Annoying to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Hm worrying i wonder if its due to Rateings or simply because these channels figured being pricks to the viewers is a good idea.

Advertisement