Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 49 Inch UE49RU7300KXXU Smart 4K HDR LED TV 920/3592

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

grogi wrote: »
    For High-End TVs, there are only one option: Panasonic OLEDs.
    For lower-high-end you can go and get cheapest LG OLED - B8 or B9. But with those two (any any other OLED bar Panasonic) you probably will experience something called chrominance overshoot (wrongly BTW - as it is not chrominance, but luminannce that is overshot) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjObx--Oq8g). Depending on your sensitivity, you might not notice it or it might be super-annoying.
    I would get a Samsung QLED only if I intended the TV for long gaming sessions.

Outside of OLED territory, there isn't that much difference between TV. Some models are brighter a bit, but most of the time it is marketing trying to push more expensive models onto people. Philips have an edge with the Ambilight technology, which really changes the perception - and with it, the IPS poor blacks don't annoy that much. AndroidTV guarantees that the smart platform will be usable longer than any other choise out there. 55PUS7394 seems like a good deal from RicherSounds right now.

What about for gaming, got an Xbox one x recently and love to get a 4k tv

Sorry for going off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Hello Jack May I ask what you think of the TV? I am looking at a smaller size of the same model and the one that says 2019 but am unsure which to go for.

I have someone in the house with special needs who uses Alexa and the google mini for chrome cast but was hoping this Samsung would have more functionality than the chrome cast which is limited.

I would appreciate your experience thank you.

Picture is great and it's very simple to use. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tvercetti wrote: »
    494361.jpg

Seen this in Tesco Killarney a few days ago, no idea if its good value or how good the Sharps are these days

Friend has that tv, it's decent but it's not going to compare with an LG or Samsung.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,790 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any recommendations for a 65 inch set , i'm in no panic to get it, but if it came up great !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

5500 wrote: »

Samsung OS is easiest to use, but I am not sure if ru7100 come with the smart remote. By the looks of the pictures of the LG, it is 75UK6200PLB - it won't come with the magic remote too. This Philips is a Saphi based TV (not android TV), but it isn't the lowest model in their lineup, and comes with Ambilight.

I would verify if the Samsung comes with the smart remote (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41TUAa2DLQL.jpg). If yes, I would go with the Sammy. Otherwise I'd get the Philips.

It is almost universally cheaper to buy in GBP than in EUR - just get a Curve app (https://www.curve.app/) and card to have good exchange rates. If you decide to sign up, let me know on PM before hand - I'll get 5 GBP referral bonus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CianFarrell

Got a 50 inch Samsung UHD SMART TV for €343 two weeks ago(20% discount code applied)

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/samsung-ue50ru7020kxxu-50-inch-hdr-smart-4k-tv-with-apple-tv-app/1600405399.prd

You dont happen to have that 20% discount code still do you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Samsung OS is easiest to use, but I am not sure if ru7100 come with the smart remote. By the looks of the pictures of the LG, it is 75UK6200PLB - it won't come with the magic remote too. This Philips is a Saphi based TV (not android TV), but it isn't the lowest model in their lineup, and comes with Ambilight.

I would verify if the Samsung comes with the smart remote (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41TUAa2DLQL.jpg). If yes, I would go with the Sammy. Otherwise I'd get the Philips.

It is almost universally cheaper to buy in GBP than in EUR - just get a Curve app (https://www.curve.app/) and card to have good exchange rates. If you decide to sign up, let me know on PM before hand - I'll get 5 GBP referral bonus ;)

Thanks for the advice, will check re remote on the samsung, no android on the Phillip's doesnt worry me too much as will use a shield for any streaming ect. Like everyone else I'm wondering if prices will drop at all for black Friday, but PM me your curve referral link too and I'll use for sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Brego888

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-49-4k-uhd-qled-smart-tv-qe49q60ratxxu.html

Anyone have any recommendations on this Samsung? Want a good 49inch OLED/QLED and budget is €900.

Brego888 wrote: »
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/samsung-49-4k-uhd-qled-smart-tv-qe49q60ratxxu.html

Anyone have any recommendations on this Samsung? Want a good 49inch OLED/QLED and budget is €900.

Is the 49/50" a must? There are no OLEDs in sizes smaller than 55", and QLEDs are much worse than the 55" sizes. The 55" are typically better TV, even within the same lineup...

In this size, I'd go with a Sony, that not only will be cheaper, but comes with 100/120Hz panel - KD49XG8305BU https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203994-sony-bravia-kd49xg8305bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

5500 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, will check re remote on the samsung, no android on the Phillip's doesnt worry me too much as will use a shield for any streaming ect. Like everyone else I'm wondering if prices will drop at all for black Friday, but PM me your curve referral link too and I'll use for sign up

I’d suggest signing up for Revolut card - been using it for many years and saved a fortune on currency exchange - they got interbank exchange rate - simply the best. Would be super handy for Amazon Black Friday shopping 😊
    They give 10 euro sign up bonus and free card if using referral link (PM me if anyone needs one).

kisugem wrote: »
    I’d suggest signing up for Revolut card - been using it for many years and saved a fortune on currency exchange - they got interbank exchange rate - simply the best. Would be super handy for Amazon Black Friday shopping ��
    They give 10 euro sign up bonus and free card if using referral link (PM me if anyone needs one).

Prepaid Revolut is a thing of the past. It saved me a lot of money, but there are better options now that don't require you to send your ID god knows where.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Prepaid Revolut is a thing of the past. It saved me a lot of money, but there are better options now that don't require you to send your ID god knows where.

Disagree.
    Let’s look at some comparisons:

Revolut outshines Curve and is comparable to many established banks. In 2018, Revolut received a European bank license. With a license, it will continue to build upon its already impressive line of products. It has emerged as one of the top European/global challenger banks and fintechs alongside N26 and TransferWise. Revolut is one of a few companies to offer free global money transfers (TransferGo is another) at the best exchange rates possible.

Perhaps Curve will offer more in the future and become more competitive. Currently, however, Revolut costs less than Curve and offers much more. Those reasons justify choosing Revolut over Curve.
    (Source https://www.digitalfodder.com/curve-vs-revolut/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ive been thinking of upgrading my twelve years old Samsung for a while now, but just don't seem to be able to justify it, it's full HD not UHD/4k, but I'm still getting crystal clear razor sharp image from it to this day.

Question though, are almost all tvs these days "smart"? Tbh given the choice of much prefer to buy a dumb TV, and hook my shield no to it anyway.

So I guess what I'm asking is, if anyone has any suggestions for a decent 4k tv for a sitting room that will be used solely for skyQ/Netflix and IPTV using a Nvidia shield, around the 42" size?

I'm not yet convinced that smart TVs are any better than using a firestick/shield etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Ive been thinking of upgrading my twelve years old Samsung for a while now, but just don't seem to be able to justify it, it's full HD not UHD/4k, but I'm still getting crystal clear razor sharp image from it to this day.

Question though, are almost all tvs these days "smart"? Tbh given the choice of much prefer to buy a dumb TV, and hook my shield no to it anyway.

So I guess what I'm asking is, if anyone has any suggestions for a decent 4k tv for a sitting room that will be used solely for skyQ/Netflix and IPTV using a Nvidia shield, around the 42" size?

I'm not yet convinced that smart TVs are any better than using a firestick/shield etc.

I currently have the 2017 shield and a 42" Sony Bravia which is approx 5 years old. I am thinking of upgrading the shield to the 2019 model but to get the best out of the 2019 model you really need a 4k UHD TV.

I would like to move up to 49 or 50 inch so interested to see what response you get here.

That's the thing - 4K doesn't really bring any noticeable benefit. It actually makes the experience worse - the 1080p VA panels used to have much better viewing angles than 4K VA panels... The only thing that does make any difference in the new TVs is HDR, but there is very little impact of it in low and mid-range anyway. It is the OLEDs and some highend LCDs that you'd see the difference. Not that it makes the viewing more enjoyable.

There is an aspect of picture that is universally noticed by everyone - size.

Yes, all TVs are smart. Some are "smarter" than others, but all have at least Netflix app.

No, they are not better. They also get outdated pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cheers grogi, I think I'll sit tight for a few years yet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

All brand new TV's are smart these days but your right, you might prefer more control on your streaming device (i.e., firestick, shield, etc).
    Regarding the picture quality, I'd say 1080p HD is still very good image quality but just to be future proof I'd go for 4K TV's as most streaming contents are in 4K. Having said that you will pay premium for theses as for example 4K quality on Netflix costs much more than normal HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

What I see a lot is people going from very decent quality 1080P sets to budget 4K sets, expecting a massive upgrade in quality, where really, none exists in that scenario in most cases.

A proper, high quality 1080P file (eg a proper blu-ray, excellent quality rip, or other high quality source rather than some 2GB download or 720P now tv streaming box) played on a <50" 4K TV will often be indistinguishable from a 4K source, especially a streaming 4K source.

If you already have a very good quality 1080P TV, there's not really much point upgrading unless you're going for a genuinely decent 4K TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Would you repair an older (say 5yrs old) 1080P IPS TV or just buy one of these average 4k sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

If you are buying this from amazon, how would you get it delivered to Ireland and what would the cost be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

beauf wrote: »
    Would you repair an older (say 5yrs old) 1080P IPS TV or just buy one of these average 4k sets?

Ah in that context, I'd just get a decent budget 4K set, Hisense, or one of the better Samsungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

am i right in saying most 4k tvs these days would have a built in satellite tuner??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

magicmoves wrote: »
    If you are buying this from amazon, how would you get it delivered to Ireland and what would the cost be?

I'd recommend parcel wizard from dpd as they delvier to your door and don't have the size limitation of parcel motel. When buying from Amazon, make sure your warranty is covered for Ireland as TV repairs are quite expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Name one better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

MoMo2020 wrote: »
    I'd recommend parcel wizard from dpd as they delvier to your door and don't have the size limitation of parcel motel. When buying from Amazon, make sure your warranty is covered for Ireland as TV repairs are quite expensive!

Amazon use the post office, and they will deliver to your door in Ireland and Amazon pay for it. Why would you use PW for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Amazon use the post office, and they will deliver to your door in Ireland and Amazon pay for it. Why would you use PW for this?

Amazon didn't always deliver any TV over 32 inch to ROI. Have they changed this policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭flexcon

guys thinking of grabbing this when the price comes back down to £299 - free shipping to Ireland with Prime.

Reviews online suggest this is good value. Any experience or opinions on it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GT6F45K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Would this be any good? Appreciate if you can take a look and advise.

I can see this one on offer at the moment. Lady instore siad that she could do the first one for €599.

https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/televisions/32-inch/sony-49-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-kd49xg7093bu

I had this one in mind before viewing the above but not sure which is the better option. Big price difference.

https://www.did.ie/sony-49-xg8196-4k-ultra-hd-flat-led-smart-tv-black-kd49xg8196bu-kd49xg8196bu-prd

Advertisement